Pope Sazae - ongoing deal with no response

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Y'all Aussies are loved! Shit, my favorite AFL side is Geelong. GO CATS!!

Back OT...let's hope for some real intel. GF, if you are reading this-please make an account and post. We deserve to know what's really going on.

No pitchforks (yet) ...we are genuinely concerned about John.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Out of curiosity...what was it he sold you?

The following AES games:
Samurai Shodown 4
The Last Blade
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
King of Fighters ‘95
SamSho 1&2
Art of Fighting 1&2
Fatal Fury 2
Nam
Ninja Combat
Football Frenzy

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Back OT...let's hope for some real intel. GF, if you are reading this-please make an account and post. We deserve to know what's really going on.

No pitchforks (yet) ...we are genuinely concerned about John.

He (the real Pope/John) was in chat earlier. It was not the gf as pope originally made himself out to be. Other than that, I'll let him disclose the details of his situation unless Rot wants to disclose what's up in detail.

Rot's ensuring Berry gets refunded which is the most important thing as far as this thread is concerned.

In the end, all that most of us really care about is that this odd behavior and the taking advantage of others stopped and that he, his health and his family's health is OK long term. That's about all I got.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I spoke with John today after the bit in Flashchat went down. From what he has said to me, the issues in his life are real, but that he will be back to make things right. He knows that he has screwed up pretty royally, but I will be in touch with him from here on to see how he is.

BerryTogart, I will do my best to get your money back. In the meantime, your box of stuff should be reaching you in 2-3 weeks (depending on customs and my clusterfuck of a post office).

I do not ask that anyone change their opinion of what happened based on any of this, but for now, I am willing to give him at least the benefit of the doubt having spoken to him, and am just glad to hear that he is ok/recovering.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I spoke with John today after the bit in Flashchat went down. From what he has said to me, the issues in his life are real, but that he will be back to make things right. He knows that he has screwed up pretty royally, but I will be in touch with him from here on to see how he is.

BerryTogart, I will do my best to get your money back. In the meantime, your box of stuff should be reaching you in 2-3 weeks (depending on customs and my clusterfuck of a post office).

I do not ask that anyone change their opinion of what happened based on any of this, but for now, I am willing to give him at least the benefit of the doubt having spoken to him, and am just glad to hear that he is ok/recovering.

Thank you Tw3ek and I still think you should not put your own resources and efforts in to make up for this. If I get the money refunded I'll of course forward it (I already told you that and you said you wouldn't take it so we'll work something out nonetheless).
Generally thank you to all who helped trying to resolve this matter, much appreciated - all the best for Johns recovery. (I guess at least some problems are real)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So he straight up lied to us in chat?

Not good .

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I've seen a LOT of weirdness on the forums... this has got to be one of the strangest moments for months...

xROTx

PS. I have saved a chat log for prosperity... I mean... i'll read it again one day... and i STILL won't believe this happened...

NOTE: Will email on request:D

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
OMG IS HE ALRIGHT IS HE OK??????????

EDIT: If you have the strength to pose as someone else, things can't be that bad right?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Interesting story. No judgement yet.
It's probably half-fake.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
logs in on the 5th
hasn't logged in till today when the pitchforks came out
seems legit

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
QAj3UWR.jpg

nofx_ep_1024x768.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about the chat...

One side I'm kind of annoyed that he continued to try and play us saying he was the girlfriend in chat. I think most of us weren't buying it anyway.

The other side, it's kind of a funny troll on us. Even if it wasn't meant as a troll.

Either way, I think his market privileges should be suspended until he gets his real life problems settled, maybe even permanently. It's just not right to put people in a bad buying/selling situation.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
One side I'm kind of annoyed that he continued to try and play us saying he was the girlfriend in chat. I think most of us weren't buying it anyway.

Yes. Odd....fucked....and pointless. At this point there's no place for joking around, if that was what all that was about.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Man this is a crazy messed up situation. I always thought Pope was cool and plenty of folks helped out when he was down. I sent him like 10 bucks when he was selling stuff for his gf. I hope it was for that and not to help fund drugs to kill himself with :(

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Man, really surprised by this thread too. Here I have been feeling bad since I promised to send him something a year or so ago when I was cleaning out my storage locker. Just a little tchotchke from the team that did Defiance. Stupid thing has been in the trunk of my car for a while, and I see it every time I do a Costco run... Felt bad I never got off my ass and brought it to the post office, but things have been hectic here as well. Man, and I was feeling bad about not sending a freebie item... Can't believe everything I'm reading here. I hope the guy's all right, and this all gets sorted, but this is definitely one of the stranger posts around here in a while. Lot's of respect to Tw3ek for stepping up and helping a member out, though.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
And like that <pfff> he's gone.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sad to see this all unfold the way it has, its a shame. There is definitely some odd behavior on here, which is even more strange given I believe he was a somewhat vocal member in the marketplace purges that took place awhile ago.

But even aside from the sketchy behavior, I feel there is really very little excuse for lack of communication these days, what with all our modern technology and gizmos. I was recently was in the hospital for 1 week due to an illness and had a pending deal with Shivan here...but even drugged up on dilaudid with a few tubes down my throat and even more tubes up my butt I still managed to PM him just to let him know what was up.

Also, I have Crohns Disease and none of you bitches give me free shit...wtf?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Never dealt or chatted with Pope, but this serves as a reminder to noobs like me to always pony up the 3 or 4 percent for a goods payment no matter how "in with the gang" a member would seem to be.

My condolences to the OP, and I hope Pope does the right thing and squares this up, and props to Tweek for being so big hearted.

It takes a while for someone who is truly a pathological liar to be revealed. Especially if they are good at it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Good point K-2...I've admittedly been very bad about both requesting/making gift payments...I need to stop that ASAP. It's just not worth the potential headache.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am personally offering to pay BerryTogart for ANY money he lost on this deal... IF Sazae doesn't pay up...

I am saying this because i feel that from what i have heard... Berry is an awesome guy that doesn't deserve this shit...

LOOK... it's only $130usd BUT it's the principle of it all...

I will also hold Sazae accountable... and IF he thinks of ever re-joining this site... he will have to bear the burden of paying my ass back and the loss of rep...

xROTx

PS. IF it was for a AF 3 US AES cart tho... you can all FOOK off... even I don't have $30K to spare:D