Pope Sazae - ongoing deal with no response

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
That "stuff" NTM sold is an MVS-AES converter that I bought from NTM (thanks man). It however, was a result of my first attempt to buy a different converter (same model I think) from Pope earlier. A respected member had sold it to him for $100 a few weeks before Pope approached me to sell it (he PM'd directly as he heard I was looking for one). The offer price? $175. I found out, and confronted him nicely via PM and although he was extremely apologetic and stated that I didn't understand the whole story, I soured quickly on the offer and passed.

The problem Ash, after several respected members here compared notes, there has been a substantial track record of taking advantage of freebees and good deals then selling them on shortly thereafter. I understand he may have had some extremely difficult personal circumstances, but if he needed financial help and/or any other kind of assistance, there has got to be a better way than fleecing his friends (long standing members and noobs a like it seems) to financially gain. The outpouring of support for Pope's alleged situation (the gf and the current MIA status) is heartbreaking (if true, see Broken's comment), but with the sneaking around and half-truths told already, a lot of us just aren't sure what to believe at this point. :(

I suspect more members will be speaking up shortly but a few have obviously been coming out of the woodwork already. I just don't want this continuing to happen regardless of what's going on in Pope's personal life TBH.

Yeah...sort of the definition of flipping....by adding $75 to the price.

The forum has helped a lot of members out over the years. If he needed something....why not just ask? That's better than some of the stuff he has apparently done.

It sounds like he has burned some bridges already. Maybe the good nature of the forum has been exhausted?

I see a ban in his near future, unless he straightens this out VERY quickly.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It sounds like he has burned some bridges already. Maybe the good nature of the forum has been exhausted?

He prob has in a LOT of quarters... Who here will see him in the same light again?

I see a ban in his near future, unless he straightens this out VERY quickly.

Actually... I set the bar at 4 days... end of this month... February 28th 2015....

It's the same time limit I set for some other stuffs I am attending too atm... which is widely available for viewing on this forum...

xROTx

PS. I will openly apologise to Berry if I ban Sazae... I'd feel bad about it...

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Just for completenesses sake: I got not information yet. Apart from that Rot pretty much summed it up very well for my part in his post too, thx.

Neo Ash

Just for completenesses sake: I got not information yet. Apart from that Rot pretty much summed it up very well for my part in his post too, thx.

How much money are you out? Have you submitted a claim to PayPal, or was it sent as a gift?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't be too quick to pass judgment here. I mean, something is clearly wrong. Last time I spoke with John in chat he was giving away a bunch of stuff for free. Some people received things, others did not. He has been erratic like that for a while and giving things away is never a good sign of someone's mental state. The flipping of items, especially those received for free, is not cool but it's possible there are mitigating circumstances. No one here truly knows what's going on. It's hard to put your hand out and ask for help directly. We are not talking about a lot of money lost here. I guess unless he responds we won't know but I feel he's earned enough good will for me to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. He sold me $800 worth of games not too long ago and came through just fine. It doesn't make sense that he would intentionally scam someone for like 15% of that. However, if he messed up, whether intentional or not, a ban is appropriate. Personally though, I am more concerned with his well-being than a few bucks.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Don't be too quick to pass judgment here...

Nick, I think you lack perspective in the timing department. NTM's story originally started in November of 2013. How long are we supposed to wait? The Berry incident is one of many events in a long historical line of eyebrow raising events. It's got to stop, regardless of Pope's personal issues.

For once, the collective as a whole has been VERY slow to judge and to not come out publicly too quick with some of this stuff.

Like I said, I hope for the best but the track record is speaking for itself now.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I don't understand if this guy had all this going on in his life why did he want to be Market Mod?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Don't be too quick to pass judgment here..

I think that's the thing, at least for me, this "judgement" has not come quickly. My deal was over a 3-4 month period between the end of 2013 and 2014. I never brought it up because I thought it was a one time deal. But over the last year, several people have quietly mentioned things. Not wanting to bring it to light because of his situation(s). If anything, people should be aware that he obviously has some issues with completing deals.

Don't get me wrong, I do think he'll make this right. He has to if he wants to stay a member here.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I can only speak for myself personally, but I had some issues dealing back in Oct/Nov of last year. I have spoken to some people about it, but (at least IMO) waited long enough to pass any kind of judgement. Before this, I do not recall any threads or anything of this nature regarding this issue? Two weeks may be too short of time for a thread, but 3-4 months is long enough.

All that aside, I wish nothing more than for him to come back and make it right. Pope was the first friend I made here and I want to believe he will make it right.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wrong choice of words. It has been long enough to pass judgment. I'm sorry you guys got messed around and are out time/money.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
When I sold my AES I had a few games pope wanted. He pm'd me and I was hesitant to deal with him because I knew he owed a decent amount of scratch to a VERY well respected member. I messaged him and refused to deal with him till he cleared up the debt. At this time he had sold his AES to pay bills, and had recently lost his job, so I thought it was weird that he was doing deals for home arts. However he paid the member he owed money and messaged me saying that he could afford one game I was selling. I felt bad and sold him both for the price of one. About 3 weeks or so later, he sold the free game to GohanX. We started comparing stories in chat and that's when I found out this was happening alot.

I hope all is well and this is a huge understanding, but my cynical self thinks this smells of bs. I hope I get proved wrong.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
BERRY... if you get this message BEFORE the pm from Sazae... (I just released his account...)

Just give Sazae/Missus/Whatever... fook... your contact number please...

GEEZUS!

xROTx

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Does anyone remember a post pope made regarding him being a former heroin addict? I could swear I remember reading that a year or two ago and if I'm wrong I'll delete the post immediately. I even remember wasabi posting something like, "I wouldn't advertise that".

Again, if I'm way out of school I apologize and will delete this immediately.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well I think it's time to tell my part. I'm hope John is ok, but this stuff is getting out of hand. My first dealing with him was when he was selling all his stuff to buy some new games for his kid at the time. I bought a homecart from him and everything was cool. He then asked me for some funds to help him buy a new phone and that he would get me back and some cream on top for helping him out. About a month later he asks for the home cart back and just when I was about to sell it back to him I see a thread where he's dumping everything. Confused I txtd him and he said don't worry about it and he was going a different route. When I found out he was trying to buy some stuff from DZ I told him that he has owed me some cash and never paid, it wasn't a huge amount but the fact he ignored it bothered me. I really don't think he should be able to do any deals with anyone on the forums anymore as he is just to flaky to work with. I really hope he's ok but I get the nagging feeling we are getting jerked around. That's my two pieces on the subject.

Neo Ash

It looks like his last login was today @ 3:24. This thread should be blowing up his profile feed. Let's hope he responds soon with something...anything. Again, I do hope the dude is OK.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This is blowing my mind right now.

Same here. I always throught he was well liked and respected around here. Hopefully he sorts out whatever has gone wrong and gets his shit together.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%2021.31.43_zpsoqmg90w3.png

My head hurts atm... It's a FOOKFEST IN THERE!

xROTx

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Same here. I always throught he was well liked and respected around here. Hopefully he sorts out whatever has gone wrong and gets his shit together.

He generally disliked us Aussies. I called him on it and he couldn't give me a reason. Just another person hopping on the bandwagon.

Personally, I think all the GF cancer stuff is a lie.

Surprising too he wanted to be market mod. Take bribes, more free stuff, front to abuse power. All that seems likely when put into perspective.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I thought Aussies were loved around here like Obama? Lite, fluffy and entertaining? I really need to get them blinders off.

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
This thread's been sad to follow. I sent him a Dr. Luigi code since he mentioned that he bought a Wii U to play with his sick girlfriend and I wasn't interested in the games they offered for the Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards last year. Hope he played it at least instead of selling it off. :lolz: