Pope Sazae - ongoing deal with no response

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Just reaching out if anyone is facing a similar problem.

I made a deal with Pope Sazae on a SNES mini along with a RGB board.
At first he offered to send it for free - (autumn), then he got back to me in january informing me of personal problems in RL.

Hearing that I offered to help out with paying for the SNES Mini and he promised to send it out the same week.
Until this day (about a month later) he didn't get back to me on that, or reply to a PM, he still posted on the forum AFTER that agreement though.

Therefore: Please get back to me on that topic and explain the situation.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It would be good to provide dates and links to threads if possible...

Just saying as you've left out a lot of detail there...

xROTx

PS. I'm pretty sure everything will be ok... but some fleshing out of this post would be appreciated...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I know Pope has had a rough year, so communication may be less than optimal as a result. I do hope you get a hold of him, as I haven't seen his name in a while.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Sorry for not providing everything in perfect detail - I didn't want to stir that pot because communication went over PM and slashchat - and things tend to go overboard if that is mentioned.

Last PM to me was at 10-30-2014, 03:27 PM with the info that the RGB board arrived (you can see that as mod I guess)
My offering regarding the SNES Mini and following payment was done on 01-17-2015.

I want to put emphasis on the fact that I can perfectly understand that things get delayed when there are real life problems, but the combination of not getting back to me while being active on the forum made me wonder on what is going on.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
TBH this is one of several issues that has arisen from transactions involving Pope. I understand that he may be having a tough time with things, but I'm starting to think that making transactions on here is something he shouldn't be doing at this point in time. He had alot of good folks giving him lots of items out of generosity, and he burned quite a few bridges in the process. Its not my place to name names, so that's all Im going to say on that matter. Im hoping this is all just a huge oversight, and that he comes forward and at the very least finishes his deal with Berry

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I haven't seen pope in chat for what feels like months, but I'm sure that has to be due to some heavy RL stuff he's been going through. Either way Berry, I think he will make it right but I understand your position.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
It may be best to just ask for whatever money you have given, refunded to you. Then just find an SNES elsewhere. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the forum who will sell you a RGB modded SNES.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... This is what I'm going to do...

I am REVOKING Pope Sazae's pm and Market privileges until this is resolved....

I KNOW that now he can't pm you Berry man.. BUT... hopefully he will see this thread and also I will monitor if he logs back in...

xROTx

PS. As usual... I can be found via the temporary email i placed for n00bs on the banner... and of course... chat...

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Berry, I know it might now be exactly the closure you are looking for, but I packed up a SNES for you this morning and will get it mailed out shortly. Hope you can get it squared away with Pope though!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Tw3ek man this is awesome of you - but you don't have to stand in for a deal going a bit awkward

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Berry, I know it might now be exactly the closure you are looking for, but I packed up a SNES for you this morning and will get it mailed out shortly. Hope you can get it squared away with Pope though!

That's really good of you Tw3ek!

There's just one thing I just wanted to mention about this whole thing. First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear about Pope's struggles the past year or so. I wish him the best and hope everything works out. However, as DZ mentioned above, if you are not in a situation where you are 100% confident you can fulfill your end of a deal......for the love of god stop making deals.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Tw3ek man this is awesome of you - but you don't have to stand in for a deal going a bit awkward

It wont get awkward until Tw3ek requests caulk shots in return - and you will provide them, out of guilt.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
It wont get awkward until Tw3ek requests caulk shots in return - and you will provide them, out of guilt.

i will provide. no request needed.
Caulking.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Haven't you been watching the news!? Florida has had some ongoing severe winter weather since October of last year.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
First, the thread about EG, now this.

A common ground has to be reached. It makes sense due to all those abnormal weather issues.
I hardly believe either of them are trying to scam anyone. But that's just me.
If I had to wait for so long I would probably do the same.

Let's just wish a better end for all of this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
First, the thread about EG, now this.

A common ground has to be reached. It makes sense due to all those abnormal weather issues.
I hardly believe either of them are trying to scam anyone. But that's just me.
If I had to wait for so long I would probably do the same.

Let's just wish a better end for all of this.

Atro pal... I love you a LOT... but NeoTurfmasta was being Sarcastic.... The weather in Florida has been FINE....

xROTx

PS. Just saying Atro man... I still love you for your completely sincere silliness:D

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Atro pal... I love you a LOT... but NeoTurfmasta was being Sarcastic.... The weather in Florida has been FINE....

xROTx

PS. Just saying Atro man... I still love you for your completely sincere silliness:D

Dang !!!! No more tequilla for me me! X_____X
I found it confusing that I saw the other thread and this one looks a lot like a copy-paste version of it!

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I am REVOKING Pope Sazae's pm and Market privileges until this is resolved....

I'm not sure on that Rot buddy. IMO, access to PM is necessary to facilitate the communication required to finish the transaction. Unless you're thinking it should all be broadcasted publicly. Yes, blocking market access is a good idea; I don't want to see they guy get any more twisted up with other deals until this is worked out. I wish him the best and hope that all this is quickly resolved.