15 Year Member
how can you guys put up with the ghosting on those shitty backlit SP screens

micro or bust, fuck that low response time noise

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the Micro but you're crazy, the GBA SP Ver. 2 has a great screen, no ghosting, no noise, no problems with response time.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
For real. No ghosting on mine, either. Nothing but crisp, vibrant beauty. Maybe the one you played was a bad screen?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I disagree. There's also 2 settings to the screen but I'm sure you're already aware. I like how the Micro has 4 settings on the screen.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The GBA SP Ver 2 screen has to be the best GBA screen. Much better than the micro in my opinion, I've never had a problem with ghosting, lag etc. Colours are always nice and vibrant. The only way to play GBA with such a good screen is using a DS lite. The original GBA has to be the most comfortable though...shame they changed the design for the SP and never did a back-lit OG GBA.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DS Lite has such a beautiful screen. I still like the resolution better of the GBA screen.

This is gonna sound crazy but I like the original DS for playing my game & watch collection games, I swear they look so legit and the sound on that system is ridiculous!

I guess every model has it's pros and cons.

I also have a DSI XL, couldn't tell you enough good things about it, specially the screen and controls.

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
DS Lite has such a beautiful screen. I still like the resolution better of the GBA screen.

This is gonna sound crazy but I like the original DS for playing my game & watch collection games, I swear they look so legit and the sound on that system is ridiculous!

I guess every model has it's pros and cons.

I also have a DSI XL, couldn't tell you enough good things about it, specially the screen and controls.

Out of the DS's range, the Lite has the best screen/resolution combo for me. Although I did love the bigger screens of the XLs they made most DS games look very pixelated...I just couldn't live with it. Like you say though, they have their pros and cons, and their fans and haters.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I did that very thing

Worth doing, now it's perfect. My phone camera doesn't do the screen justice.

I still need to do this with my White (JPN) SP but I'm super paranoid about messing the up the rubber feet on the top screen.

AGS-101 colours are too over-saturated.

Compared to a Micro it always looks that way to me too but I love both my SP and Mirco.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I still need to do this with my White (JPN) SP but I'm super paranoid about messing the up the rubber feet on the top screen.

Understandable. You can see I accidentally took a small chunk out of the lefthand one of mine, because I tried to pry it out before I fully loosened it. Honestly, it's easy to avoid doing if you're just patient. Just get an Exacto blade and go slowly, you'll be just fine. The bigger headache is easily the damn ribbon cable, once you've got he shell off. Easy to remove, agitating to plug in.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Agree with the whole DS vs GBA for playing these games. It just feels so much easier to play on the GBA SP. It might be because the DS is heavier than the GBA which makes you tired a lot faster or the fact that its bulkier. And that moded NES GBA is so sexy.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The US DS collection is still censored. Unless there's an option to turn it off, but I just loaded up my file on Z1 and there's no blood when using the sword.

I finally got the chance to play the DS version of MMZ1 and it turnrd out to be censored. I stand corrected.