New 3ds early adopters thread

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Got one of the Majora's Mask systems, been binging hard on it all weekend. Absolutely loving it. You can really notice the extra power with Smash booting so much faster, using the Miiverse smoother, and I'll happily +1 on the sharper screen and better sound. The 3D is greatly improved, Starfox and After Burner 2 really shine with it.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Maybe it's just me but anyone notice the screen fluctuates between light and very dim? Maybe it's just me....... my brightness is at 5 though :(

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Maybe it's just me but anyone notice the screen fluctuates between light and very dim? Maybe it's just me....... my brightness is at 5 though :(

You can turn that off. It's an Auto brightness setting you can adjust.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I had hoped to pick up one of the Majora's Mask copies. Went to Target right when they opened before work, but they only received 3 and were sold out before I could get there. Wanted to preorder, but the preorders everywhere were also already sold out.

Oh well, I am going to hold off on getting one until either I see another MM LE one somewhere or I may just wait a year until the next iteration and get one. I am happy enough with my current 3DS, although I keep 3D off 98% of the time.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy

Treated myself to this of nephew only available from ambassador program in uk
No charger but u can use original charger much nicer 3d and louder love the coloured buttons too need to play star fox again :smirk:

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Its bittersweet to hear how good it is from you guys lol. I just bought the link between worlds edition of the 3ds not too long ago. I dont think i'll be able to resist when xenoblade comes out. Id be playing majoras but i just got my first 2 slot mvs cabnet a week ago and i cant stop playin it!

mr.2jz

n00b
Hi Guys,

Picked up the Majora's Mask Edition on Friday. It's pretty cool and the screen indeed looks sharper, and better sound to boot.

Been playing Mario Kart again, and trying to finish off Link between worlds. Had to do the transfer as well, but it wasn't that bad.

I'm also interested in that multiplayer Steel Diver game, that's up on the eShop as well.

I've got the Link between Worlds Edition 3DS XL, but I might put that up for sale soon. It's still minty clean.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm planning on getting one, but I'm torn between the regular and the XL... I love the snes-inspired color scheme of the regular and the fact that the screens are already larger than the old one, but longer battery life and even larger screens on the XL are pretty attractive too.

I've read a few complaints on the hinges of the XL being too loose, but then again the original regular 3DS (which is the one I own) suffered from the same problem.

Any owners of the regular-sized new 3DS care to share their opinions?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Can the New 3DS fit in a pocket? I saw a girl at work playing Majora's Mask in the breakroom.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Can the New 3DS fit in a pocket? I saw a girl at work playing Majora's Mask in the breakroom.

This is important. I want better sound and improved 3D and such, but... I kind of want to wait to see if they will release the smaller version.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sound is more spatial on the new one too. I was playing Shantae for the GB and the music had more width.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So it uses Micro SD instead of SD? What's the max memory you can use with it?

32GB, like the older model. That might change with a firmware update eventually. I changed my original 3DS over to microSD with a card adapter, anyway, since 32GB microSD was cheaper than getting a 32GB SD card ;)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Joined the club earlier this week. 3D is fantastic. Kinda silly the micro SD is locked away, but I suppose it could be lost easily.
I like how the C stick is automatically detected as a circle pad pro on older games. That was a good move.

I don't really need my other 3DS XL, so I guess it's time to sell that before the market totally drops.

zelda.jpg

Last edited:

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
I got one of the Majora's Mask ones. It's pretty nice. I'm pretty surprised at how well the headtracking works. I figured it'd just be a gimmick but it really improves the 3D.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Joined the club earlier this week. 3D is fantastic. Kinda silly the micro SD is locked away, but I suppose it could be lost easily.
I like how the C stick is automatically detected as a circle pad pro on older games. That was a good move.

I don't really need my other 3DS XL, so I guess it's time to sell that before the market totally drops.

View attachment 23035

Are you selling it here? How much do you want for it?

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
I had pre-ordered the Majora's Mask edition and was kind of regretting it until 1 week before release I accidentally dropped my Link Between Worlds 3DS XL on the side walk (watched in horror as it bounced). It cracked a hinge and one of the shoulder buttons is jammed now. So then I was relieved to get my New 3DS. I like it more in almost every way.

The one thing about it that I'm not digging is the stylus placement. The DSi and 3DS XL did it better imo. With the stylus on the bottom it's a bit annoying especially in any game where you switch between stylus and buttons quickly(glyphs in Castlevania).

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I would have preordered the MM 3DS but they all sold out of preorders before I had a chance. I still love my LBW 3DS, but the more I hear about the new 3DS I want one :) Oh well, if I can't find a MM 3DS I will probably wait until either the next iteration of 3DS or wait for a different special edition I would like.

Camrox

n00b
Was thinking of grabbing one but they dont have any where I'm at. Even though I love my fire emblem one, might as well order a new one for xenoblade.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I'm planning on getting one, but I'm torn between the regular and the XL... I love the snes-inspired color scheme of the regular and the fact that the screens are already larger than the old one, but longer battery life and even larger screens on the XL are pretty attractive too.

I've read a few complaints on the hinges of the XL being too loose, but then again the original regular 3DS (which is the one I own) suffered from the same problem.

Any owners of the regular-sized new 3DS care to share their opinions?

Hi Ocean,

I've had a 3DSXL for about a year.
My view is that Nintendo have really let the loyal fans down.
I think that the release schedule has been pathetic.
Both the 1st party and 3rd party titles have been sorely lacking.
Yes there have been some playable games, but sweet 'f.a' that is truly 'worthy' of the system.
No doubt the technology is impressive. I imagine that the latest revision is superb.
But without a serious rethink of the games?
What really is the point?

The 3DSXL handles N64 ports with seeming ease....... So that's what it gets.

The flagship release for the revision of the system is a port of the 15 year old N64 Zelda release "Majora's Mask"!

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. Not as good as Ocarina, but still good.
I mean, I've got two copies of it on the N64, plus a load of the UK and US Gamecube versions with the master quest etc.....
So why do I need it on the 3DS?

TBH I'd be more excited about a port of goldeneye!

The £DSXL give me a strong feeling of 'meh'.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You're drunk. go back to promoting overpriced NGPC auctions.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
You're drunk. go back to promoting overpriced NGPC auctions.

Please forgive the multiple replies ;)

I have to say that despite buying a fair few games for the 3DSXL in the last 12 months I got a lot more playtime and was far more 'impressed' by the NGPC in context.

I haven't had a single game that I couldn't put down on the 3DSXL.
Some good games for sure, but nothing I couldn't have lived without and nothing that really seemed to stretch the system apart from Resident Evil.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Please forgive the multiple replies ;)

I have to say that despite buying a fair few games for the 3DSXL in the last 12 months I got a lot more playtime and was far more 'impressed' by the NGPC in context.

I haven't had a single game that I couldn't put down on the 3DSXL.
Some good games for sure, but nothing I couldn't have lived without and nothing that really seemed to stretch the system apart from Resident Evil.

What games have you tried? I am sure there is something that will scratch that itch.

Also, MM for 3DS is hardly a "port". Graphical overhauls, improved sound, streamlined bomber's notebook, dual stick play, and many many smaller changes that altered the gameplay to a much more manageable pace make this more in the lines of a "remake".

Nintendo has leaned on Zelda to sell its 3DS hardware. OoT came out three months after the 3DS launched and boosted the sales of the then-fledgling system until stronger titles such as SM3DL and Starfox 64 3D came out. I am sure there is more on the horizon, however your sentiments against nintendo are being more and more echoed by the populace in general these days it seems.