Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3ds early adopters thread

Sieger's Squire

Got one of the Majora's Mask systems, been binging hard on it all weekend. Absolutely loving it. You can really notice the extra power with Smash booting so much faster, using the Miiverse smoother, and I'll happily +1 on the sharper screen and better sound. The 3D is greatly improved, Starfox and After Burner 2 really shine with it.
    I play Last Blade on NeoGeo CD just to feel.

The b00bs.
    Z'OMG The B00BS!

Maybe it's just me but anyone notice the screen fluctuates between light and very dim? Maybe it's just me....... my brightness is at 5 though

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX View Post
    Maybe it's just me but anyone notice the screen fluctuates between light and very dim? Maybe it's just me....... my brightness is at 5 though
    You can turn that off. It's an Auto brightness setting you can adjust.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

I had hoped to pick up one of the Majora's Mask copies. Went to Target right when they opened before work, but they only received 3 and were sold out before I could get there. Wanted to preorder, but the preorders everywhere were also already sold out.

Oh well, I am going to hold off on getting one until either I see another MM LE one somewhere or I may just wait a year until the next iteration and get one. I am happy enough with my current 3DS, although I keep 3D off 98% of the time.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Treated myself to this of nephew only available from ambassador program in uk
    No charger but u can use original charger much nicer 3d and louder love the coloured buttons too need to play star fox again
    Photobucket Sig Link DELETED! xROTx

The b00bs.
    Z'OMG The B00BS!

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You can turn that off. It's an Auto brightness setting you can adjust.
    thanks bro
    done

Geese's Thug

Its bittersweet to hear how good it is from you guys lol. I just bought the link between worlds edition of the 3ds not too long ago. I dont think i'll be able to resist when xenoblade comes out. Id be playing majoras but i just got my first 2 slot mvs cabnet a week ago and i cant stop playin it!

Neo Bubble Buster

Hi Guys,

Picked up the Majora's Mask Edition on Friday. It's pretty cool and the screen indeed looks sharper, and better sound to boot.

Been playing Mario Kart again, and trying to finish off Link between worlds. Had to do the transfer as well, but it wasn't that bad.

I'm also interested in that multiplayer Steel Diver game, that's up on the eShop as well.

I've got the Link between Worlds Edition 3DS XL, but I might put that up for sale soon. It's still minty clean.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    I'm planning on getting one, but I'm torn between the regular and the XL... I love the snes-inspired color scheme of the regular and the fact that the screens are already larger than the old one, but longer battery life and even larger screens on the XL are pretty attractive too.

I've read a few complaints on the hinges of the XL being too loose, but then again the original regular 3DS (which is the one I own) suffered from the same problem.

Any owners of the regular-sized new 3DS care to share their opinions?

Can the New 3DS fit in a pocket? I saw a girl at work playing Majora's Mask in the breakroom.

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Whip's Subordinate

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    Can the New 3DS fit in a pocket? I saw a girl at work playing Majora's Mask in the breakroom.
    This is important. I want better sound and improved 3D and such, but... I kind of want to wait to see if they will release the smaller version.
    Last edited by Neorebel; 02-17-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Sound is more spatial on the new one too. I was playing Shantae for the GB and the music had more width.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Mayor of Southtown

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    So it uses Micro SD instead of SD? What's the max memory you can use with it?
    32GB, like the older model. That might change with a firmware update eventually. I changed my original 3DS over to microSD with a card adapter, anyway, since 32GB microSD was cheaper than getting a 32GB SD card

Joined the club earlier this week. 3D is fantastic. Kinda silly the micro SD is locked away, but I suppose it could be lost easily.
    I like how the C stick is automatically detected as a circle pad pro on older games. That was a good move.

I don't really need my other 3DS XL, so I guess it's time to sell that before the market totally drops.

zelda.jpg
    Last edited by NeoSneth; 02-19-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Cheng's Errand Boy

I got one of the Majora's Mask ones. It's pretty nice. I'm pretty surprised at how well the headtracking works. I figured it'd just be a gimmick but it really improves the 3D.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    Joined the club earlier this week. 3D is fantastic. Kinda silly the micro SD is locked away, but I suppose it could be lost easily.
    I like how the C stick is automatically detected as a circle pad pro on older games. That was a good move.

I don't really need my other 3DS XL, so I guess it's time to sell that before the market totally drops.

zelda.jpg
    Are you selling it here? How much do you want for it?

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I had pre-ordered the Majora's Mask edition and was kind of regretting it until 1 week before release I accidentally dropped my Link Between Worlds 3DS XL on the side walk (watched in horror as it bounced). It cracked a hinge and one of the shoulder buttons is jammed now. So then I was relieved to get my New 3DS. I like it more in almost every way.

The one thing about it that I'm not digging is the stylus placement. The DSi and 3DS XL did it better imo. With the stylus on the bottom it's a bit annoying especially in any game where you switch between stylus and buttons quickly(glyphs in Castlevania).

Edo Express Delivery Guy

I would have preordered the MM 3DS but they all sold out of preorders before I had a chance. I still love my LBW 3DS, but the more I hear about the new 3DS I want one Oh well, if I can't find a MM 3DS I will probably wait until either the next iteration of 3DS or wait for a different special edition I would like.

Neo Bubble Buster

Was thinking of grabbing one but they dont have any where I'm at. Even though I love my fire emblem one, might as well order a new one for xenoblade.

Handheld Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by [OCEAN] View Post
    I'm planning on getting one, but I'm torn between the regular and the XL... I love the snes-inspired color scheme of the regular and the fact that the screens are already larger than the old one, but longer battery life and even larger screens on the XL are pretty attractive too.

I've read a few complaints on the hinges of the XL being too loose, but then again the original regular 3DS (which is the one I own) suffered from the same problem.

Any owners of the regular-sized new 3DS care to share their opinions?
    Hi Ocean,

I've had a 3DSXL for about a year.
    My view is that Nintendo have really let the loyal fans down.
    I think that the release schedule has been pathetic.
    Both the 1st party and 3rd party titles have been sorely lacking.
    Yes there have been some playable games, but sweet 'f.a' that is truly 'worthy' of the system.
    No doubt the technology is impressive. I imagine that the latest revision is superb.
    But without a serious rethink of the games?
    What really is the point?

The 3DSXL handles N64 ports with seeming ease....... So that's what it gets.

The flagship release for the revision of the system is a port of the 15 year old N64 Zelda release "Majora's Mask"!

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. Not as good as Ocarina, but still good.
    I mean, I've got two copies of it on the N64, plus a load of the UK and US Gamecube versions with the master quest etc.....
    So why do I need it on the 3DS?

TBH I'd be more excited about a port of goldeneye!

The £DSXL give me a strong feeling of 'meh'.
    Last edited by Metal Slug; 02-21-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
    -Nietzsche

You're drunk. go back to promoting overpriced NGPC auctions.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Handheld Hitter

lol!
    Funny, but not much of a rebuttal.
    I'm happy for you to disagree, but some reasoned argument would make discussion easier.
    -Nietzsche

Handheld Hitter

Please forgive the multiple replies

I have to say that despite buying a fair few games for the 3DSXL in the last 12 months I got a lot more playtime and was far more 'impressed' by the NGPC in context.

I haven't had a single game that I couldn't put down on the 3DSXL.
    Some good games for sure, but nothing I couldn't have lived without and nothing that really seemed to stretch the system apart from Resident Evil.
    -Nietzsche

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Slug View Post
    Please forgive the multiple replies

I have to say that despite buying a fair few games for the 3DSXL in the last 12 months I got a lot more playtime and was far more 'impressed' by the NGPC in context.

I haven't had a single game that I couldn't put down on the 3DSXL.
    Some good games for sure, but nothing I couldn't have lived without and nothing that really seemed to stretch the system apart from Resident Evil.
    What games have you tried? I am sure there is something that will scratch that itch.

Also, MM for 3DS is hardly a "port". Graphical overhauls, improved sound, streamlined bomber's notebook, dual stick play, and many many smaller changes that altered the gameplay to a much more manageable pace make this more in the lines of a "remake".

Nintendo has leaned on Zelda to sell its 3DS hardware. OoT came out three months after the 3DS launched and boosted the sales of the then-fledgling system until stronger titles such as SM3DL and Starfox 64 3D came out. I am sure there is more on the horizon, however your sentiments against nintendo are being more and more echoed by the populace in general these days it seems.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Thread Information