Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3ds early adopters thread

Frenzy Football Player

New 3ds early adopters thread

Picked mine up today in "new black" color and am currently enjoying Majora's mask for the first time.

The 3d is actually usable now and maybe it's my head but the top display seems a bit sharper too.

Sound is greatly improved, being a bit louder in volume and better separation of stereo.

Who else got one? What do you plan to do with your old one?

I got one today as well, pretty impressed with it. The sound is much louder yes!

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I didn't get one, but I hear the 3d is pretty rad now. Confirm/deny?

Frenzy Football Player

Nice KP! I figured you might have haha. I was thinking of posting my old one for sale today also. My OLD 3dsxl is in Red and black with some sonic stickers on it in case anybody is interested might gift it to a cousin; haven't decided on that yet.

Also another big improvement on the N3dsxl is the hinge no longer flops the top screen around.
    Last edited by K-2; 02-14-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Is it a pain in the dick to transfer your Data? I was thinking of getting one because I use my 3DS all the time.

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

New 3ds early adopters thread

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I didn't get one, but I hear the 3d is pretty rad now. Confirm/deny?
    3D is great, I can play action games now! I bought Fantasy Zone for the occasion and had a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    Is it a pain in the dick to transfer your Data? I was thinking of getting one because I use my 3DS all the time.
    I have a ton of crap on mine so it took me about an hour and a half to do it. I did it wirelessly though. There is an option to copy to pc and then transfer to the card.
    Last edited by Kid Panda; 02-14-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Frenzy Football Player

Not if you have a pc and an sd/micro sd card reader it was a little time consuming but nothing painful.

3d is confirmed cool now. Playing Shinobi 3 on the new 3ds with the slider turned up is awesome.

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis! Phyeir's Avatar

How are you guys finding using it with the card slot and the power button being on the bottom edge? I've always used the bottom edge in my grip, so I imagine that I'd get a system and be shutting down/shooting the cart out every time I stop thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    There is no US security issue more important than making you piss your pants while living in fear.

Whip's Subordinate

The 3D was usable before, as well.

Art of Typing Wiz

I missed getting one and it's sold out everywhere where I live. I'll just have to wait until restocks happen.

Frenzy Football Player

Quote Originally Posted by Phyeir View Post
    How are you guys finding using it with the card slot and the power button being on the bottom edge? I've always used the bottom edge in my grip, so I imagine that I'd get a system and be shutting down/shooting the cart out every time I stop thinking about it.
    The power button is flush with the system and actually hard to actuate inadvertently. You almost have to use a No. 2 pencil's eraser head to depress it far enough for it to go to the shut off prompt, so I don't think you would have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I missed getting one and it's sold out everywhere where I live. I'll just have to wait until restocks happen.
    I called gamestop and they all gave me this song and dance that the only location with any left was in Florida and that I could order them online, blah, blah, blah. I called Toys R Us and they had tons left in stock.
    Last edited by K-2; 02-15-2015 at 12:24 AM.

I picked up the Monster Hunter 4 bundle, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm thinking of returning it and waiting for the possibility of a Xenoblade Chronicles bundle instead.

Geese's Thug

I'm still waiting for majoras mask to come in the mail. But I'm just sticking to the trusty 2ds. Old 3ds gave me bad headaches. I'll probably only buy a new 3ds when a game that needs it is required.

Super Sidekicks

I love my new 3ds it's quite the improvement today was the first time I've played with the 3d on since I first bought the original 3ds & played street fighter iv

Alfred Garcia's Butler

I'm waiting on if they make a special edition of Xenoblade when that drops in April. I am kinda pissed they came out with an all new version of it. I got my XL when Pokemon X and Y came out so I went in whole hog and got the special edition blue one, even though it didn't come with a copy of the game. Now not even three years later here's a brand new one that fixes the flaws with what the old one had. I'm also pissed that I actually bought the Circle Pad Pro and now it's pretty much worthless since it won't work with the newer games that support the new C-Stick.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Target at Park North had some and thats where I got mine around 3:00PM yesterday. But yeah, it was sold out everywhere else.

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    Target at Park North had some and thats where I got mine around 3:00PM yesterday. But yeah, it was sold out everywhere else.
    K-2 actually pointed me in the right direction. I called TRU and sure enough they had like 15 of them left. Scored a red one and was on my way. No copies of Zelda in stock but I ordered the LE one with the skull kid which should be here this week.

Frenzy Football Player

K-2 actually pointed me in the right direction. I called TRU and sure enough they had like 15 of them left.
    Happy to hear it!

The last console I bought at Toys R Us was the Sega Nomad; the video game section looks quite a bit different than it did back then.

Mine is in the mail. I went with standard shipping, so it's gonna be a but longer.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

So it uses Micro SD instead of SD? What's the max memory you can use with it?

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Amano's Drinking Buddy

I saw one of these and am convinced to buy one, most likely when there are some nice looking special bundles. The 3D tracking will make me want to play some more atmospheric games like MGS3, RE: Revelations, and Starfox 64 again with the 3D on.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

The b00bs.
    Z'OMG The B00BS!

My girl gave me one for Valentines. Man Kid Icarus looks so damn clean now! ��

Frenzy Football Player

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    So it uses Micro SD instead of SD? What's the max memory you can use with it?
    32gb micro sdhc

NEST Puppet

I purchased a Japanese one a few months after they hit for the latest Monster Hunter, and just picked up a North American version. Now I'm officially all set. I love the improved 3D and the great speakers

Art of Typing Wiz

Yeah the fact I can actually hear the sound nice and loud now is a major plus.

Thread Information