Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: PCM Sound & Stability Fixes Multicarts - 120 in 1, 138 in 1, 161 in 1 and others.

Timid Neo Newbie

does anyone have any tips on how we would go about seeing if the bridging of the two pins was successful? i still get resets but perhaps i may have did it wrong.
    can an unsuccessful bridge or shortening cause damage onto other components along the chain? arcade psu popped the last time i used the cart but maybe this was just pure coincidence as my motherboard and supergun are all still fine.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

It makes a big difference on a 4SLOT.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

I am buying the material to enhance my 138 in 1 cartridge. I would like to know if the 100 nF SMD capacitors voltage rating can be 25 V instead of 50 V. The 25 V are cheaper

Armored Scrum Object

25V is fine.

Hello, i have 161 in 1 revision 2, i opened the cart and i found 2 ceramic caps, i think for fix sound, i already did stability fix for revision 2, that bridge between 2 cart pins...but...
    The sound is shit...in a lot of games i have problems with sounds, i think all of them, problems like...pitched sound, channels that sounds and interrupt sounds, sounds losted in games...is that normal? Is a lot noticiable. If anyone have 161 in 1 Rev.2 please let me know if there is available different sound fixes, i use a 4 Slot MVS board and after i do stability fix bridge the cart works ok, responds ok to press 1P 5 seconds and exit to menu, and i dont get hangs with cart, dont know but the sound is a pain in the ass...Mine bios in the 4 slot Base MVS is original Japanese Bios.
    Last edited by Dhampird; 01-05-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Dhampird View Post
    Hello, i have 161 in 1 revision 2, i opened the cart and i found 2 ceramic caps, i think for fix sound, i already did stability fix for revision 2, that bridge between 2 cart pins...but...
    The sound is shit...in a lot of games i have problems with sounds, i think all of them, problems like...pitched sound, channels that sounds and interrupt sounds, sounds losted in games...is that normal? Is a lot noticiable. If anyone have 161 in 1 Rev.2 please let me know if there is available different sound fixes, i use a 4 Slot MVS board and after i do stability fix bridge the cart works ok, responds ok to press 1P 5 seconds and exit to menu, and i dont get hangs with cart, dont know but the sound is a pain in the ass...Mine bios in the 4 slot Base MVS is original Japanese Bios.
    Did you fit the 2 x 47pF capacitors at positions C5 and C6 (top board)?
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

I bought myself one of the 161 cards, when I put it in my c1 it delates all saved highscores I made with normal games. Is this an issue what can be fixed?

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

The MV-1C can only save highsores for 8 games.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    The MV-1C can only save highsores for 8 games.
    Sure, I know that, but all 8 games from the bookkeeping are gone when I insert the 161 cardrige

Robert Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by TK86079 View Post
    Sure, I know that, but all 8 games from the bookkeeping are gone when I insert the 161 cardrige
    The 161 in 1 zaps the BRAM saves! It's just how it works!

Ok, not so glorious.
    Thanks for your help.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by TK86079 View Post
    Ok, not so glorious.
    Thanks for your help.
    Yeah, it is annoying! It's better to use the 138 in 1 with DIP switch mod imo as that doesn't delete the saves. Or if you've got the extra cash get a Neo SD.

I think I use a different MVS for this thing. I do not play it very often, but it still has some games I miss as originals.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Ok, I finally got around to adding all these caps to my 161-in-1 and tested it out and so far everything works great, but Is there a definitive list of what to test? I know some games have bad sound like Strikers 1945, some crash like Pulstar (but I don't know where it crashes) and previously MS3 had messed up graphics that are now ok, but I would like to go through and 100% test every known problem with the 161-in-1 cart and see how many these caps fixed.

Soldering these was pretty easy, seems like this is by far the quickest and easiest 161-in-1 to fix.
    -Finch

i finally got my 161 in 1 mvs cartridge

rounded corners label, rev 2 pcb with real connectors on both sides of ribbon cable, just like the picture in this post: https://bit.ly/2k4yrcV

all caps came populated. stock stability fix, no need to mod it manually.

i just had to remove cap c3, as it was said to cause tiny sound.

puzzle bobble still has some crackling sounds. sometimes it gets almost muted. seems to be unsolvable.
    Last edited by lufeig; 09-07-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Thread Information