HDMI CMVS?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Damn that's pretty awesome.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
It sounds like the code is on a repo and the board he used is common... So maybe it'll be easy to implement. That said pre built boards would be awesome. Getting decent video from a CMVS for easy hookup has been a sticking point for me.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Because of you....everyone will be cleaning jizz out of their pants when they click that link.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hmmm....he mentions 100 microseconds worth of lag.

I wonder if he truly meant microseconds or if he actually meant milliseconds.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Hmmm....he mentions 100 microseconds worth of lag.

I wonder if he truly meant microseconds or if he actually meant milliseconds.

He meant micro seconds, check out the comments on the article.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
from the article:

Using the FPGA, [Charlie] overclocked the NeoGeo by approximately 1% and used the 27Mhz pixel clock to change the FPGA output to a 720 x 480p signal.
Would this affect the timing of some games?

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
That 1% overclock is the difference between MVS and AES. Now i'd like to see it with a game comparison.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Does it require a SVC board (or MS5 or KOF 2003) to work?

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Good god... James, you're going to be doing these, right? :) I don't know if I would have you re-mod my AES to add HDMI on top of YPbPr, but I've been toying with a CMVS...

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Does it require a SVC board (or MS5 or KOF 2003) to work?
It doesnt, he says it should be relatively easy to find the points based on the response he gave to my comment on hackaday asking the same question. From the sound of it the initial attempt was on a MV1FS.

I'm sourcing the parts I'll need to try this myself and let you all know how it goes. This would my first time dealing with an FPGA so it'll be interesting.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oh good. It would otherwise be a shame to do the entire mod just to improve on one game.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Very interesting. To those with actual CMVS experience, if you try this mod out let us know the outcome of your results. I have considered attempting a CMVS, but if I could get HDMI out it would be that much more tempting. The only concern I would have would be the little lag introduced, as most of the games I really enjoy seem to be twitch games.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I'm going to try this with my next CMVS. Just don't know when I have time..

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Got my FPGA and programmer in, just waiting for my HDMI ports. Can't wait to try it!