NeoJongMasta Famicom Edition

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
About 3 years ago I made a small Mahjong replacement board for the hell of it.

http://2dlives.com/nbm/jong.JPG (old proto pic)

It was ok, nothing great. Then I found these Capcom Famicom mahjong controllers last year. Built a custom PCB for it and it works great! Much easier to use and assemble than my old junky one.

The Famicom mahjong controllers are pretty cheap, usually under $10. Pop out the old PCB, put the new one in and solder your cable down

icX8qetl.jpg

Last edited:

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This is awesome, I would love this solution since I have all the Mahjong games just can;t play them since I don't have the full controller.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi Brian,

Really nice!! and really cheap!!

Un saludo

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Can somebody actually teach me fucking mahjong? I've had a set for a while planning to but I'm lazy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Can somebody actually teach me fucking mahjong? I've had a set for a while planning to but I'm lazy.

Chinese Mahjong is different from Japanese. I only play Chinese mahjong which in essence is gin rummy.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Awesome project and as Lemony asked, Where do I buy one ? I have a mahjong game on the aes that would get more play if I had a jong controller.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
One is 4 player and the other is 2 player.

I've always played the Mahjong where you pair the tiles that are unblocked on one of the sides. That's single player. Is taht not the real Mahjong?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
So what games/consoles does this support exactly?
This is only for Neo. Not sure what other systems had jong controllers actually

Where do I buy one ?

can we buy the boards????

I need to revise it one more time before I make them available to everyone. I have come across 2 different versions of the Famicom controller and I need to make mine compatible with both. The only differences between the two are the mounting holes, and one has the membrane keyboard is glued to the PCB.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I've always played the Mahjong where you pair the tiles that are unblocked on one of the sides. That's single player. Is taht not the real Mahjong?

Can't do much of a betting if you're not playing against anyone. Mahjong is always about the betting. XD

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
fantastic :) I'll be grabbing one of these, great idea!

bwi

20 Year Member
Just bought the controller, just waiting for the pcb now :)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just bought the controller, just waiting for the pcb now :)

Can you open yours up, take out the PCB and let me see the membrane keyboard and mounting pegs inside the case? Just checking to see if yours is the same as the 2 versions I have seen.

bwi

20 Year Member
Only ordered it last night from hit-japan. Will update when i get it though mate

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm thinking its the same as yours

Thanks!

Can I see a pic of the inside of the case and what the model number that is on the back of the controller? I know there are at least 2 different versions of the White controller and the black controller has a different model number. I haven't seen the inside of the black on yet.