Hiya!

lord7289

n00b
IMAG0232.jpg

Hi all, I'm a new forum member and after years of wanting an AES, I finally got my hands on one just over a month ago.

Granted, some of the games I got with it might not be the best and the console is a little shabby but back in the day I thought I'd never be able to afford it so I'm just happy to have one.

I've been into gaming for over 20 years and started on a Master System 2 (The theme from Alex Kidd in Miracle World still haunts my dreams). I own a PS4 but the AES gets more play right now.

Even my 4 year old Son appreciates League Bowling, its great to sit with him and play a game that was out some 20 years before he was born.

I've got a dedicated retro games room in the house but all my stuff is in gamer condition rather than it looking like a showroom as I intend to play the hell out of everything I own. I've seen some of the forum members collections photos and there's no way I could compete with them.

Anyway, just wanted to make a quick intro to get the ball rolling. Cheers, Ant.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Hi Ant,

That's a nice little start there and nothing wrong with the games, Samurai Spirits 2 is one of the best on the system and League Bowling is one of the most fun with friends (or family).

I started with the Master System II as well, just you mentioning the Alex Kidd tune has got it stuck in my head now.

Good luck finding more games, it can get expensive but good deals can be found, especially if condition is not a major issue. I'm happy with gamer condition myself usually, my AES collection is to play, not to sit on a shelf.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
sorry for burning you on your first posts, you seem to be an OK dude. Keep it up, welcome to the board.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Welcome to the forums. You got a nice little collection there.

lord7289

n00b
sorry for burning you on your first posts, you seem to be an OK dude. Keep it up, welcome to the board.

Thanks! Oh and no worries, I'm pretty thick skinned (I think that may be useful here).

Welcome to the forums. You got a nice little collection there.

Cheers, I’m building on it and have KoF 94 on the way from Japan. I’ve spent way too much this month to get a more recent version. It’s addictive though once you get started hey?

xsq

Cheers, I’m building on it and have KoF 94 on the way from Japan. I’ve spent way too much this month to get a more recent version. It’s addictive though once you get started hey?
Yeah, take your time with 94, it's worth it. Also I think you don't need every entry of the series and the more recent ones aren't necessarily the best. I for one like 98, 96 and 2000 most.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire

Matey you just wait and see how the neo geo will consume you!

In a way I wish I had never started!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Welcome. Nice starting gear bud.

lord7289

n00b
KoF '94 arrived, love it! Now I need to convince the Mrs to play a few rounds so I can practice some combos.

kotter

n00b
Using the Mrs for combo practice is seldom a good way to keep her playing for very long XD

Good luck though, maybe she gets into it!

lord7289

n00b
She sat and played every game with me, not sure she will be interested in playing long term but I'm not too bothered as the AES was bought through selfish indulgence!

ThGame

Geese's Thug
your excitement reminds me of when i first got my aes and everyone around me is wondering what this strange gaming device is that your making a big deal about?! All my buddies were impressed with the animations and graphics in neo. Always pleasantly surprised. I loved first getting my games, just holding that shockbox for the first time is when you realize you have something special. Hope you take the time to enjoy it all!

xsq

She sat and played every game with me, not sure she will be interested in playing long term but I'm not too bothered as the AES was bought through selfish indulgence!
You could get a unibios and change the timer/damage for trainig... there is also unibios code included in the "Magic Key" devices (available as MVStoAES and AEScheatgenie both).

lord7289

n00b
For some reason I've just bought another AES...Jap this time (1st one was US 3-6, no idea what this will be) but it looked so nice and came with 7 games so I couldn't resist. I spazzed £250 on it but it comes with Super Sidekicks 2 which I wanted and Top Players Golf plus the usual Fatal Furys and Samurai Shodowns....now to hide the purchase from the Mrs. I wanted a backup system should the worst happen and might have to bang in some overtime to cover this one!