house broken into, neo collection untouched.

pmoniez

n00b
A quick note to the low life muggerscum who decided to break into my house today. Fuck you, you decided to take a whole lot of modern consoles but left all my neo games on their shelves. You trashed my house yet came away with a few hundred dollars worth of shite. Please get cancer. Has this happened to anyone else?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
woha, sorry to hear this man. But it seems you've been way lucky. If they only stole the more current stuff you might be able to replace a large part of it. Hope you have insurance...

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
really sucks to hear that but for them not to touch your neo collection? talk about lucky.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Don't let people in your house and don't take pictures. That's the best precaution to take.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've been to Mugi's place and Panda Island, I'm totally stealing everything one of these days.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
This is why I have two German boxers at my house. Rocky and Apollo. Anyone breaks in they're gonna tear that fucker up.

Time to invest in a big dog.

Sorry to hear about the break-in, it sucks cus you feel violated.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't think this is the first instance hearing about thieves with terrible taste.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
A quick note to the low life muggerscum who decided to break into my house today. Fuck you, you decided to take a whole lot of modern consoles but left all my neo games on their shelves. You trashed my house yet came away with a few hundred dollars worth of shite. Please get cancer. Has this happened to anyone else?

Keep in mind that burglars have the habit to come back. They know your place now and maybe they left your neo collection as it was harder/heavier to move out. Make sure to secure your house and be on the lookout in the near future. Don't get dogs for the sole purpose of house security as they will not stop a burglary, maybe repeal a crackhead but that is it.
I am sorry for what happened I myself have been a victim of house break in and the feeling is dreadful.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Absolutely. I'm an asshole anyway :P
furyo_tekken_-_blood_vengeance_8dcd2810-mkv_002374664.jpg

Tell me something new panda.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I caught 2 low life's in my house stealing my ps2 and original Xbox back when those were the current consoles, I was upstairs sleeping lol

All my Retro stuff was put away.

Sorry to hear it happened to you, it sucks

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
At least no one was hurt. Stuff can be replaced, people cannot.

You've got to be really desperate or stupid to break into someone's house here. Everyone is armed to the teeth, the neighborhood is gated, there are cameras everywhere, and Florida is not criminal-friendly in terms of sentencing. My alarm went off once accidentally and the police were here in 5 minutes.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
We had a break in years ago, they only had time to grab my boom box. A neighbor saw 4 kids and called the police since she was too old to do anything else.

I'm sorry but at least no one you care about got hurt.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Funny thing, when I moved into a house in the honest to god hood in Georgia, there were a couple of 'neighbors' watching me moving all the stuff from the U-Haul. When I was done, I took a shower, threw on shorts and a tee shirt, and went outside. It was December and roughly 30 degrees. I was used to being in the actual cold having come from Kansas in the middle of a blizzard so it wasn't bad. I sat on the steps with a 1980's Sanyo boombox, blared some Dimmu Borgir and started to clean these matching .45's I got in Iraq. Took my time. After about an hour and a bunch of talking that I couldn't understand, they left. No one ever fucked with me or my wife and we were there for a year. My wife did pull a gun on some hoodrat at the corner store once though...

I think what I'm trying to say is if people think you're bat shit crazy, it's a little less likely they'll fuck with your stuff. Sorry for your loss, man. If you have insurance, get the police report and file that shit. I'm sure people on here have what you lost and may just be willing to part ways with it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
And make sure you don't live in the state Cdmann lives in. After what happened to his shit which has been held by the police for years I'd seriously get a lawyer.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Did they try to take any of your mash potatoes? That shit happens.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I used to run a second hand videogame shop.
Got robbed once. They took even broken PS2's and Xbox's by that time ( 2007 ).

They stole me cash, hundreds of games, consoles and even a Tommy Hilfiger sports shirt.
They left the AES and Snes in their place.

I live in a town where there's below 150K inahbitants.
Either they knew they were gonna get caught by selling an AES or they were too dumb too leave it.
Can't think of a third option...

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
They probably thought they were vhs tapes. If you're dumb enough to break into someone's house, you probably don't know the value of a 20 year old game system. However, most lowlifes know what a 360 or ps3 look like.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The good thing about AES/MVS carts is they can camouflage themselves as VHS tapes. Nobody wants those.

pmoniez

n00b
Thanks guys for all the advice and support. Luckily we have insurance so everything can be replaced. We were more worried about our cats. Luckily they are fine.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Sorry to hear that, but at least the neo stuff stayed, robber probably thought the aes was somekind of odd laserdisc or vhs player.

The good thing about AES/MVS carts is they can camouflage themselves as VHS tapes. Nobody wants those.

Haha, I was thinking the same too.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I stupidly had a full SVC Chaos MVS kit mailed to my house instead of my work in the dead of summer (when kids are out all the time). The sender didn't ask for delivery confirmation and the box was grabbed off my porch. I didn't even know about it until a neighbor brought over the torn up box addressed to me with all of the kit contents intact... except the cart. I looked around in dumpsters in the neighborhood for the next hour but never found it. Very strange.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude that sucks I'm sorry to hear it. At least your Neo stuff is untouched.