Laserdisc Collecting

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I stopped going to places that do that.

Besides the ones I've got off eBay, I'm going through the ones I bought 6-8 years ago. I had to toss Prince of Darkness as none of my players would run it. That sucks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A local store had some CEDs. I asked how much they were because they were mixed with the records and the records were priced as marked but the CEDs weren't marked. They then looked them up on Ebay. NO THANKS.

In my book, there are only a few CED's worth more than $3 (and $3 is very generous at that).

Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, STar wars and concert recordings.

I'm sitting on 110+ CED discs but I'm waiting to get a fully working player before I sell. (need to fix switch, and clean or replace stylus).

PS: If anybody thinks records or laserdiscs are heavy as shit, try moving CED's.

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I picked up an LD player on the cheap the other day.

Apparently, Sony players are not the ones to go for. What do I know. The thing plays fine, and is one of those dual-side play models. Good enough for me.

YhK38m6.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That's an interesting laserdisc player. No idea about the signal quality, but dual sided is a big plus.
No a bad player if you are just watching them on a small CRT.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
That's an interesting laserdisc player. No idea about the signal quality, but dual sided is a big plus.
No a bad player if you are just watching them on a small CRT.

Using it on an old 22" Samsung CRT.

These were included with the player. A couple of those were loose.

tB9JJQS.jpg

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I have a pioneer laserdisc player, I forget the model number but it was made for the educational market. It’s supposedly the most compact LD player ever made

I’ll dig it out eventually and see what the name of it is...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I have a pioneer laserdisc player, I forget the model number but it was made for the educational market. It’s supposedly the most compact LD player ever made

I’ll dig it out eventually and see what the name of it is...

I have one of those industrial/education units. CLD-V2600. You are maybe referring to the smaller/compact V2800.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I have one of those industrial/education units. CLD-V2600. You are maybe referring to the smaller/compact V2800.

Yep!!! It’s the CLD-V2800!!! That’s what I have, with the remote too. It’s a pretty badass LD player.

I used to sit my Atari 7800 on top of it because they’re the same width.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The 2800 is legit. It has pretty much no features to speak of, but it's a solid unit with pretty good picture quality. When all my other players have crumbled to dust I expect the 2800 to still be alive and kicking.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
The 2800 is legit. It has pretty much no features to speak of, but it's a solid unit with pretty good picture quality. When all my other players have crumbled to dust I expect the 2800 to still be alive and kicking.

It’s the only one that survived shipping to my house. I even have the same LD player too that master tasuke has, I also forgot the name of that one, but it was pretty expensive, and of course arrived broken as fuck.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I'm sitting on 110+ CED discs but I'm waiting to get a fully working player before I sell. (need to fix switch, and clean or replace stylus).

That's the common issue with those. The stylus almost always needs to be replaced. One of the gears in mine was also damaged in shipping. Tough to find replacement parts.

PS: If anybody thinks records or laserdiscs are heavy as shit, try moving CED's.

Yep. That caddy holder though was a neat way of storing the disc. It added weight to the whole thing but you never actually had to handle the videodisc itself.

Edit: just realized I replied to a post of over a year ago. lol

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Pioneer CLD-2950 is mine. Supposed to be pretty decent, does both PAL and NTSC discs.
I just use it as my CD player.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I am glad I pared down my collection before i moved. The LD's were heavier than books.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I bought a Sony player as a back up and it just refuses to play some discs. I guess it's just a faulty player, but it's strange how it will play some but not others. My Pioneer is still going strong after 5 or 6 years owning it, but the price on players now scares me a bit. I really don't want to be paying in the hundreds to replace it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
There isn't a dedicated thread for it but I thought it can probably fit here as well, being a "videodisc" player and all.

Talking about the VHD (Video High Density) format. I have my eye on a Victor 8900 unit.

2quje45.jpg

Anyone read Japanese here? The power, eject, play, pause, ff and rewind are self explanatory. What though are those dials for?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Got a closer photo? the left knob is headphone volume, second looks like echo, can't quite make out the other two.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I don't understand what some of these mean. The 3.5mm input near the middle says "hot phone" and the second knob says "engineering cord"...

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I don't understand what some of these mean. The 3.5mm input near the middle says "hot phone" and the second knob says "engineering cord"...

? it's Headphone and Echo? then various Mic and Headphone knobs