Starr Mazer - new shmup / adventure game

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
This games looks very promising. Interesting mix of game play, artwork is right on point, and good list of artists lined up for the soundtrack . Kickstart campaign ends on February 21: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imagosfilms/starr-mazer

Only for PC, Mac, and Linux at the moment. Possibly mobile platforms if funding is exceeded. There is also mention of release for PC Engine "at some ridiculous stretch amount".

This one might be worth funding. Estimated release date of April 2016.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Someone actually made that $10k pledge. XD

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I don't know. It kinda has a certain charm to it....

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Not sure what all the hate is for, is AI backing this or something?

I guess we won't know until we see real gameplay. Apparently none of what we are seeing is real? From what I have read this was a fake concept video created by an artist that people are turning into a reality. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think all of the "gameplay" video seems to have been captured from the artist's creation of a fake video game commercial for some movie. It's all confusing, and now this.

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I concur Stella. I like the art and it seems like it would make an interesting game when you throw such contrasting genre elements into it like that.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I cringe whenever I see stretch goals of adding more content. Just make your thing and get it done on time. How about you make your pledge of making the game for the initial amount you need, and then crowd-fund your stretch goal if it's that (not)important. I could see another funding site opening that was based on rounds and milestones.

I'd like to see Shadowkun55 try to fund his BLW by starting a vid saying "I've got this idea, and you can give me a whole bunch of money up front. We haven't even done the R&D yet, but maybe you'll get a product at the end of this". Videogames are ripe for that attitude. And rife.