Congratulation Jasen Hicks - SRK Fight Stick of the Year & Tech Talk Company of the Year

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
lem will be so happy to hear this.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I wonder what this has to do with Neo news... :spock:

And moreover feeding the vulture...

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
LemonyVengeance is my personal winner. FHTAGN! - the Anomaly stuff looks cool too

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Congratulations to Jasen.

As for anomaly, he's not well liked there, and for no good reason, honestly.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm not familiar with much custom stuff but Jasen's creations were impressive and he was very friendly when I met him.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Jasen is a nice guy but that "News" is really meh.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
LOL at that first stick in the anomaly arcade stick page...it doesn't even have a stick, just 4 directional buttons scattered about.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
LOL at that first stick in the anomaly arcade stick page...it doesn't even have a stick, just 4 directional buttons scattered about.

It's called a hit box. I made one back in the day before since I didn't have a joystick and it was before I had the internet so I had no idea where to buy a stick. Had I known people wanted them...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Interesting. I think I remember one of Working Design's games with a feature that can be triggered by pressing up and down together, which isn't possible with a normal controller, but can be done on a dance pad control scheme like that.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I own a hitbox.. They're really interesting to play with. Also, anomaly does good work and his skills have really evolved. That "It's always sunny" hitbox he did was a commission he was asked to do and its HILARIOUS.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Looked a bit through the sticks of that anomaly guy and I have to say they look awesome. Was afraid to look up his prices though. I'm sure they're not in my budget. ;)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
....aaaaannd he's closed down his webpage until September. Kinda dumb move considering he's got his 15 minutes right now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
....aaaaannd he's closed down his webpage until September. Kinda dumb move considering he's got his 15 minutes right now.

Maybe the Navy is relocating him, every 2 years right or is each branch different?

undamned

Pleasure Goal
I agree, but its SRK. It's like letting fans of a Sports League vote for players in an All Star game.

Favoritism over Talent & Skill.
The votes were based on contributions by people who are actually active in SRK Tech talk. Anomaly hardly ever posts there (I think he's pretty active on facebook these days) and (to his detriment) anything I've seen him post in the "post your arcade stick" thread has horrid photo quality, so you can't even tell how good it is. I've actually hung out with him and seen his stuff in person at events, so I know his stuff is pretty legit, but that's not what the voting is based on. And not to slight Anomaly, but his work is far from the best out there. It's great, but the best is in the clouds. Here's the stick I voted for "Custom Arcade Stick of the Year":

KTMCustomArcadeStickResized1_zps8d1982e9.jpg

KTMCustomArcadeStickResized3_zpsd64b2807.jpg

I think B15SDM has won "Custom Arcade Stick Builder of the Year" every year (including this last one) and there should be no question why.

For anyone who would like to read more about the SRK Tech Talk Awards (rather than make blind speculations), here's the article:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/22/shoryuken-tech-talk-awards-2014-winners-announced/

Just take a look at the winners and nominees (especially the "Custom Arcade Stick of the Year" nominees). All amazing work and great contributions to the Tech Talk community.
-ud

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
As impressive looking as that is, and I am sure it took a lot of build time, 90% of what I see on that stick serves no purpose at all.

Kinda like these PC case modders that do all these crazy mods on computer cases. Lots of work with really zero benefit.

At the end of the day, that's still just a Joystick that doesn't appear to offer any advantages to the user in comfort, control and certainly not in price.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
As impressive looking as that is, and I am sure it took a lot of build time, 90% of what I see on that stick serves no purpose at all.

Kinda like these PC case modders that do all these crazy mods on computer cases. Lots of work with really zero benefit.

Exactly, just looks like some fan made pap.

Pm me when they create a stick that gives blowies.