EVO 2015 lineup revealed: KoF XIII is OUT

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
2 Smash Bros games is excessive. UMVC3 needs to go, seriously its been outplayed.

Midway/NRS has supported Tournaments before there even was an EVO and when MK's Tourney scene was much smaller. It's also good to have a competitive USA made Fighting Game at a US Tournament.

As much as I enjoy watching KOF fights, 13 has run its course.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
yep i heard about this a few days ago and it pissed me off. will not be tuning in to evo this year because if it

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Did they just randomly pick titles out of a hat or something?

undamned

Pleasure Goal
The reason for 2 Smash games is pretty simple. Melee had an insane turn out (on par with UMVC3) so bringing that back was a no-brainer. But EVO wants to maintain good relations w/ the Big Nintendo, so featuring their latest Smash is almost obligatory. But I agree, though: KOF is more hype than most of the games at EVO (and that's coming from a huge Capcom fan).
-ud

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Lets face it...KOF 13 was never popular. SNKP never marketed the game properly. The community is small. The online play is absolute trash compared to other fighters even after the promised fix that did nothing. There are not many arcades around, and online play is how people play with others. SNKP did not support the game well enough. You can have the best gameplay mechanics, but if people don't give a fuck, what good does it do?

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Lets face it...KOF 13 was never popular. SNKP never marketed the game properly. The community is small. The online play is absolute trash compared to other fighters even after the promised fix that did nothing. There are not many arcades around, and online play is how people play with others. SNKP did not support the game well enough. You can have the best gameplay mechanics, but if people don't give a fuck, what good does it do?

I get what you are saying but just because a game is known doesn't make it better

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
It's a shame... I think Kof XIII is a great game and it still has many fans and players for great tournaments.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They just want to maximize their stream viewers. Give them two flavors of Smash Brothers, just in case the hardcore fans don't like the newest version. Keep the weeaboo kids interested with Persona and GGX (I've heard people pissed that BlazeBlu was out too) Marvel's gotta stay and since their new you've got MK X and Tekken 7.

Shame KoF didn't make the cut. I love seeing people come from a bunch of different countries to play it and the teams they use. For me though, I'm still a Virtua Fighter fan and their ain't no way in hell that game would ever get played on the main stage when you've got the Marvel fanboys going crazy for that.

Shanadria

New Challenger
Lets face the truth: KOF XIII was not as popular as the old ones. Beyond that, selling KOF XII a few months before was not the smartest thing to do...I mean, it was obvious that XII was a demo, an unfinished game withouth a properly online features. ...

And right now SNK is creating new games like "Metal Slug movile" and "Pachinko Samurai Shodown"...so there is no point in support SNK in a fighting game tournament. It breaks my heart but thats the truth

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
They just want to maximize their stream viewers. Give them two flavors of Smash Brothers, just in case the hardcore fans don't like the newest version. Keep the weeaboo kids interested with Persona and GGX (I've heard people pissed that BlazeBlu was out too) Marvel's gotta stay and since their new you've got MK X and Tekken 7.

Shame KoF didn't make the cut. I love seeing people come from a bunch of different countries to play it and the teams they use. For me though, I'm still a Virtua Fighter fan and their ain't no way in hell that game would ever get played on the main stage when you've got the Marvel fanboys going crazy for that.

It's pretty hilarious the excuses and shit talk the Marvel crowd makes. MvC3 and UMvC3 have more technical issues regardless of console Vs other fighters. Capcom with its horrible optimization, but the fanboys are too blind to care.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Dropping KoF for having no scene while including KI and Persona is pretty lol but they gotta make monies, I get it.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
SCREW EVO!

That's why you go to/watch Final Round. Tournament wise I'm primarily a Tekken player and since Evo really doesn't like having Tekken (unless outside sources fund it like last time) I don't even watch it. I just watch Final Round because it has everything and no bullshit. Evo is Capcom fanboy land. I'm surprised they even allowed a Nintendo game in there.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
I think its only a matter of time till everyone forgets Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat.

I do feel 2 Smash titles is recockilous, I find Smash more of a Party game rather than a proper fighter.
Also an Amiibo Fox places third in Super Smash Bros. Wii U tourney? What the hell? We let Robots play now too?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
LOL that was pretty funny. Maybe it's possible to train the AI using something like SNK boss syndrome and win a tournament.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
CZsn8SmWcAEfa0i.jpg

KoF was left behind again.

How could SNKP allow this to happen? They should've spent some money to include KoF XIII at this year's EVO

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
pretty sure its just that 14 wont be ready by evo and 13 is too old and not all that relevant.

the real surprise is no usfiv and pokken's inclusion

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
What the hell is pokken? Pokemon tekken?

Pokkén Tournament (ポッ拳 POKKÉN TOURNAMENT?), known as Pokémon Tekken in Germany,[3] is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Entertainment.[4] The game combines gameplay elements from Bandai Namco's Tekken series with characters from the Pokémon franchise.[5] It was released for Japanese arcades on July 16, 2015, with a worldwide release for the Wii U on March 18, 2016.[6]

You just got wiki'D
(Drops mic)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It's more like an arena fighter like Psychic Force or those goofy Jump Vs. games than Tekken.