Club Nintendo shutting down

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Kool Aid points all over again, man.

As a child who's parents bought generic Kool-Aid I wanted those points so bad just to get the Kool-Aid Man Atari game.

Let's hope Nintendo replaces this with something worthwhile. The physical rewards used to be pretty cool but have just sucked for the past year or so. Japan and Europe seem to get all the good stuff anyway.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I gotta cash in my points as well as adding in some stuff I haven't done yet. I still have to get the code for the extra costume for Gannondorf in Hyrule Warriors. I'm more pissed off that I didn't get into it early. The rewards like the replica Game & Watches where awesome. The only things I've gotten so far where the 18 game Nintendo DS/3DS case and digital versions of Donkey Kong Returns 3DS and The Windwaker HD from the Mario Kart 8 promotion.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Coming in February Nintendo said they will be putting up a number of titles as rewards. Plus there are still another couple months that codes can be redeemed so I'm holding out hope for some good stuff before it finally goes.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I really took advantage of the physical stuff, getting the messenger bag, the dishcloths, the tote bag, the DS pouch, and the 18 game case holder.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Not surprised that this is happening I. the USA, cuz our rewards have been sliding from awesome to shit in the past few years (Game & Watch Collections for 2 years, then a figure, then a pin set, then just posters or download game stuff), but given the quality the EU and JP were still producing for goods, bit surprised they are dropping theirs as well. Going all digital makes sense though. Bet this just becomes an loyalty program for discounts or something.

m8zing

New Challenger
So close to platinum I wonder what a new revamped service would be like. I got a Zelda soundtrack some starfox dog tags & home cards forgot what they were called. So they did have some cool things not Japan cool though

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Its sad, but at least something new is coming. Club Nintendo has been pretty lame lately. Hopefully we get some good stuff to spend our coins on in February.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I should be able to get Platinum with the few games on my shelf I haven't entered yet. I agree though, most of the digital titles I already own, and all the physical items that I got were posters and a hat. I missed so many post play surveys too.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
The best thing i got from club nintendo was the game and watch and the Zelda posters. everything else has been pretty lame. Missed out on the cool Luigi statue.

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
At least I get a heads up this time. I cut off a bunch of the corners of my game manuals for the Capcom's Edge stuff and it ended up being discontinued on me back in the day. :hammer:

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I was almost Platinum status again. What a waste . Oh well, hopefully they bring back something worthwhile.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm just annoyed I hoarded my coins in hopes of something physical coming out again like the Game & Watch or something. I doubt the coins will transfer over to a new program, sounds like too much work and also 'not how it works' usually. I suppose they could still do one final nice run of rewards, or perhaps make the digital rewards more expansive...

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hope the last batch of stuff is better. The current crop leaves something to be desired.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It sucks for people who have coins to use, but honestly, they've kind of sucked for years now especially with rewards. They never put up the stuff were asking for like the Super Famicom classic controller and they had already moved to all digital rewards. The customer service when you needed to get a refund was also awful.

My thoughts exactly. I got a few neat things, but I still ended up buying the Japanese rewards on eBay.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I hope the last batch of stuff is better. The current crop leaves something to be desired.

Agreed. I loved the Game & Watch DS games they had, as well as the posters but was never really into anything else. I've been saving my coins for those one-off awesome things that are usually sold out quickly like the Zelda poster or charging docks. We'll see, I'm hoping they give some awesome exclusive stuff. Imagine if there were Club Nintendo exclusive amiibo figurines or Wii U pad skins, those would be well worth the coins invested.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
At least I get a heads up this time. I cut off a bunch of the corners of my game manuals for the Capcom's Edge stuff and it ended up being discontinued on me back in the day. :hammer:

aww man that was the shit ! I loved how most of the Capcom covers had that ripped page look in the PSX days.

I got 1000 something points saved up and never bothered to get anything. I sure hope something interesting pops up in February.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I spent most of my coins last week on those gamecard cases. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new program will be about.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It'd be funny if they troll people by featuring limited time amiibos as prizes. XD

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm wondering what the new program will be? Looking forward to scooping stuff during the last sale.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I remember back in the 80's, you used to be able to call 800-255-3700 and speak to an actual "game play counselor" who would give you game play tips for free. We used to call back then all the time :buttrock:
Goddamn, I remember that! Not the phonenumber, since I live in Europe :p
But the calling, time flies man......

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads-up...scoured my games for enough to hit Platinum (and hopefully have enough coins for some cool stuff)

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Well I think Nintendo is handling this the proper way, with plenty of advance notice/communication...wish they did that for amiibos and their recent pre-orders where there has been a frustrating lack of communication.

I just redeemed by remaining points and should hit platinum status once the post play surveys become available. But I was looking at my account activity and missed out on so many coins from expired post plays...literally hundreds of coins...argh

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

Club Nintendo has updated with its final rewards.

Lots of cool stuff.

Get them while you can.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Bump

Club Nintendo has updated with its final rewards.

Lots of cool stuff.

Get them while you can.

Thanks for the heads up, are you able to log in - I can't.
I want that puzzle and I have enough coins...will probably be gone by the time i get in...of course