Weekly Gaming Roundup - 01/18/15

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - This is my first time really getting into this game. It's blowing me away. The amount of freedom and depth to the system is incredible. I can see why people considered this the best D&D RPG back in the day. I'm loving it. Can't wait to get to Baldur's Gate II and import my characters.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
PS4:

Guilty Gear Xrd - not a fan of ArcSys games but it sure is gorgeous and I can screw around in single player and admire the tremendous technical accomplishment even if I don't give a rat's about the mechanics.

Pix the Cat - The controls are crap but I can't stop playing it. Kinda Chu-Chu-Rocketish. There's a "Nostalgia" mode where the graphics become like a 1920s Steamboat Willie cartoon which is kinda great. I dunno. It's kinda trash but I love arcadey-puzzle games and it was free so fuck it.

PC:

KoF '98 UM:FE - Still perfection after all these years. It's been long enough that I'd forgotten O. Rugal's patterns too. Fun refiguring that stuff out. A shame the online play is buttcheeks.

Shovel Knight - Reminds me of when games were just fun and didn't have to be 40 hours of self-serious tedium. Everybody knows it at this point: 8-bit tribute game (Mega Man/Castlevania action-platformer) that actually feels like it belongs to that era. Terrific soundtrack. I'm on the "Wily stages" portion of the game and the only thing that wipes the smile off my face is falling in to a pit.

Neo:

Aero Fighters 2 - Just to remind myself that I'm terrible at shmups. Plus that game has some weird ass between-stage dialogue.

KoF '98/SS 2 - Just because.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Shovel Knight - Reminds me of when games were just fun and didn't have to be 40 hours of self-serious tedium. Everybody knows it at this point: 8-bit tribute game (Mega Man/Castlevania action-platformer) that actually feels like it belongs to that era. Terrific soundtrack. I'm on the "Wily stages" portion of the game and the only thing that wipes the smile off my face is falling in to a pit.

Right on! I just beat Shovel Knight recently and just loved the hell out of it. I usually give up on old school games, but the difficulty curve seemed just right. Really really enjoyed it.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
PC

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - This is my first time really getting into this game. It's blowing me away. The amount of freedom and depth to the system is incredible. I can see why people considered this the best D&D RPG back in the day. I'm loving it. Can't wait to get to Baldur's Gate II and import my characters.

Let me know if you ever want to link up for some m/p gaming in the BG environment :)

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Let me know if you ever want to link up for some m/p gaming in the BG environment :)

Oh nice! I'm such a noob. I'm just trying to figure out the main game right now. I definitely plan on getting BGII and playing more. I'll let you know.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Still doing Castlevania Adventure. I keep getting stuck on the third level. On the bright side I have the first two levels down to a science.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Still doing Castlevania Adventure. I keep getting stuck on the third level. On the bright side I have the first two levels down to a science.

The jumping section in level 1 was far more frustrating than it needed to be.