Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I still prefer Demon's Souls the most, mainly because of shrine of storms.
Stormruler best sword!

I loved invading in Latria and Shrine of Storms and using that to knock people off cliffs.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Don't buy into the hype just because its out there on the review sites, brother. Wait for real people (ie NG.com peeos) to play the game and give their opinions before giving up all hope of keeping that $60 in your wallet.

No worries, I won't be making the purchase today.

I need to upgrade my harddrive first.

All these HD games are making short work of my 500GB pack-in harddrive.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I wish I could respond in depth to your guy's quotes, but I am literally waiting on the Verizon guy to get here and fix my internet connection. All's I have atm is my cellular data plan on my iPad, and it keeps fucking up my posts if they go over a certain amount of characters. If all goes well, I will have normal net access again in a couple of hours, so I can gush- at length about this amazing game.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
No need to wait for Taiso's review this time, I'll pick this up asap :buttrock:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Picked up my collector's edition this afternoon. Oddly enough, I've never been so excited to get my ass handed to me in frustration; I'll will subject myself to the torture this evening.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Haven't got dat quadruple yet.

I will be following this thread with MUCH interest.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
fuck spent too much this month on other shit

You're not alone. I blew my load on a PS4 and a pile of games earlier this month. Guess I'll just keep at it with Farcry 4 until my gaming budget comes out of the red.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Stormruler best sword!

I loved invading in Latria and Shrine of Storms and using that to knock people off cliffs.

Good ol' Tower of Latria.

I'm not gonna lie, Tower of Latria made me jump more than once. The first part is one of the creepiest levels in a game ever. That damn guy rattling the jail cell screaming "help me". Then those damn Squid Mages that make that weird low pitched noise as you hide around a corner and hope they don't see you, as they peer around the corner with their lamp. That place sucked big time, mainly because it was so damn creepy.

I still can't decide what sucks more, Latria, or that damn Swamp. Back in the day you could not make it through the Swamp in human form without getting invaded multiple times. You literally had to have a posse or roll solo in undead form cause the Pvp was that active. And it was no joke solo, with the large club guys in gangs ready to buck you without ability to run.

Good times.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Holy smokes this game is hard, you guys are talking about a first boss, I'm having problems with the mobs in the first area :/

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Procedurally generated dungeons are in this game, say whaaaaat? I must know more.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Holy smokes this game is hard, you guys are talking about a first boss, I'm having problems with the mobs in the first area :/

Yea, I got my ass torn up pretty good so far. Not sure how to take out the two large wolves on the bridge besides molotov spamming them. So guns are not suppose to do much in the way of damage and mainly used to open up counter attacks I take it. It is tough going without a shield :(

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Was ready to buy this after work today, but had to work OT and was too exhausted afterwards. Hoping to get it tomorrow.
Need this game in my veins ASAP.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Still on cellular data internet! Fuck it. Turns out it's an external wire thing. Ack!

I wanna say this to you 'Souls' players- Bloodborne is as crisp and tight as Demon's Souls and Dark Souls put together, gameplay-wise.

A lot of reviewers are saying how the play feels 'different' from the 'Souls' games- bullshit, it feels exactly the same except YOU HAVE NO SHIELD AND YOU CANNOT BLOCK ENEMY ATTACKS!

The third boss (the one with the machinegune that works exactly the same way the two archers in

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
(Sorry my browser makes me cut my posts off like a bitch)

... The two archers in Anor Londo is a freaking nightmare. You pretty much have to knock his ass off the tower to win the fight. BRUTAL BOSS.

I have died around 60 times since 12:30 last night, this game is punishing but NOT cheap at all.

Dark Souls 2 is a cheAp ass, crapped out piece of shit compared to this game, which plays like a comely hybrid od Dark Souls and Demon's Souls- but remember- there is no blocking anymore.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
You would think the no blocking mechanic would take a lot of getting used to- it doesn't, except that if you're like me you will die a lot because you hit L1 out of reflexive habit! Only to switch your 'trick' weapon from one mode to the other- INSTEAD of blocking like it does in all the other souls games. That is IT, once you get past that reflexive muscle memory, you may as well be in the shrine of storms, the tower of latria, new londo ruins or undead parish.

This game has exactly the same crisp, hard crafted, rewarding slick mechanics Demon's and Dark Souls have- but it gets BETTER- this game is slicker than it's pedigree.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
(Sorry my browser makes me cut my posts off like a bitch)

... The two archers in Anor Londo is a freaking nightmare. You pretty much have to knock his ass off the tower to win the fight. BRUTAL BOSS.

I have died around 60 times since 12:30 last night, this game is punishing but NOT cheap at all.

Dark Souls 2 is a cheAp ass, crapped out piece of shit compared to this game, which plays like a comely hybrid od Dark Souls and Demon's Souls- but remember- there is no blocking anymore.

The thing about dark souls 2, people love to bash it cause it's not as good as Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, but in my opinion even though those 2 games blow it away, it's still in the 95th percentile as far as quality of games go from last generation.

It might not be the best souls, but it's still better than 95% of all the other crap last gen.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
First off, despite the fact you'll be dying a lot- your character, even from the start, feels like a complete badass.

Much of this comes from the new dodge mechanics, which are amazing. Not only do you have the dodge roll, which all the souls games have, now you also have the left-right dodges. Push left of right on the stick (instead of forward, back, etc.) and you do a blurry sidestep that sets you up for an attack combo.

And combos, my friends, is what this game is all about. Never before have I felt I have so many options in a fight in the 'Souls' games. The combo I've been rocking is R1, R1, L1, R1. Two quick hits, then the 'Saw Spear' takes it's spear form then hits hard.

I've found the Saw Spear to be the most balanced weapon, kind of a combination of a scimitar/falchion and the claymore of previous souls games.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The sense of trepidation in this game is crazy! I have all the Souls games, but only ever got around to the first game, so the experience is pretty well completely fresh for me. I got to just under 5000 blood (after dying about a dozen times), and got taken out by the damn werewolves on the bridge. I've never wanted another lamp to get to Hunter's Dream more than any other Escape Rope, or Flute, or teleport, or return spell more than I have with this game. I don't feel cheated though, which is the mark of a great game, I just feel inadequate in my skill.
I popped down to the sewers for a minute, saw all the rat monsters, ran the other way and tried my luck with the wolves, lol. Lesser of two evils.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
The thing about dark souls 2, people love to bash it cause it's not as good as Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, but in my opinion even though those 2 games blow it away, it's still in the 95th percentile as far as quality of games go from last generation.

It might not be the best souls, but it's still better than 95% of all the other crap last gen.

I am inclined to agree. I still think it's a great game in general. But it is SO cheap and made deliberately hard.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
First off, despite the fact you'll be dying a lot- your character, even from the start, feels like a complete badass.

Much of this comes from the new dodge mechanics, which are amazing. Not only do you have the dodge roll, which all the souls games have, now you also have the left-right dodges. Push left of right on the stick (instead of forward, back, etc.) and you do a blurry sidestep that sets you up for an attack combo.

And combos, my friends, is what this game is all about. Never before have I felt I have so many options in a fight in the 'Souls' games. The combo I've been rocking is R1, R1, L1, R1. Two quick hits, then the 'Saw Spear' takes it's spear form then hits hard.

I've found the Saw Spear to be the most balanced weapon, kind of a combination of a scimitar/falchion and the claymore of previous souls games.

Nice! I will have to give this a try. Didn't even realize you could dodge left and right as well. I think I just got overwhelmed by all the information in the status and inventory screens and missed some of the finer points.