Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
This game is going to be amazing. I have been purposely avoiding info on it because i want to play through it all with eyes unclouded. Plus i totally trust anything coming from japan studio and from software, its a guaranteed home run. The time draws near... Fuck yes

Yeah I'm getting pumped too. Me and my brother are doing a new game from 0 to +6 in dark souls in preparation right now. I plan on maxing bloodborne playthroughs out, or at least getting all trophies, then doing a level 1 playthrough if possible.

Then my plan is back to my roots with demon's souls.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Well, the embargo is expired and the first batch of initial reviews are coming in with an average of 92% (23 reviews). I haven't delved into any of the reviews as I want to avoid spoilers. Time to dust off the PS4 in prep of tomorrow.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
fuck spent too much this month on other shit

fuck

fuck

going to have to buy it next month ... maybe they'll release a Dark Souls II/Bloodborne bundle

otherwise going to avoid vids and twitch so I can experience the game from beginning to end with my own naked eyes.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of the Demon Souls/Dark Souls series, but I will be watching some gameplay on twitch.

Game looks great, can't deny that.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
The hype that has singed us Miyazaki 'souls' fans for the last year has been surpassed.

Bloodborne is fucking amazing, Dark Souls 2 was high-end mediocre, it didn't live up to expectations.

I've been playing Bloodborne for 3 1/2 hours now and already I am in gaming nirvana. This game is the truest sequel to Castlevania Symphony of the Night as you are going to get.

The weapons in the game (the main hand weapons) have been design to take. The place of 1 hand vs 2 handed weapons in the other 'souls' games. Each main hand or "trick" weapon has 2 separate stances, so-to-speak. Your off hand carries either a gun or some other useful item. The guns in this game are used like offensive-only shields (i.e.: they are used to parry enemy attacks.)

The play mechanics are so slick I haven't even come close to getting them down yet. All kinds of crazy combos are possible.

There is a costume you can buy right near the start of the game- it is literally the costume from the movie 'Brotherhood of the Wolves'.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Miyazaki really is the greatest mind in gaming. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls were amazing. He wasn't involved in DS2, and that game was the worst of the three, though it isn't a bad game. I need a PS4 now to.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I'm farming 'souls' (not what they are called in this game, lol) and silver bullets right now, so I can finally level up and have enough ammo to take out the first boss. While I'm doing it though, I keep finding a bunch of new, divergent pathways leading to all sorts danger. The enemies come on fast, and at times in big groups, it's easy to get killed in this game, but if you do- you know it's your fault. Dark Souls 2 was/is full of cheapness to ramp up the difficulty level and half arse the notorious 'Souls' learning curve.

This game (so far) has none of the headaches associated with Dark Souls 2.

I'm pulling an all-nighter on this game, something I haven't done in ages.

Magician

20 Year Member
This game is the truest sequel to Castlevania Symphony of the Night as you are going to get.

Bold words, sir.

I'll have to take a closer look at this game if this is true.

Edit: Metacritic score is at 93 as of this post, with the lowest score being a couple 80s.

FML

I've already got Type-0 to finish and a new Warframe update this week. Do I need another distraction on the plate?

Last edited:

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Played for about and hour last night and the amount of production in this game is amazing. The load times sure are long but it makes up for it with atmosphere and sound design. It also seems way less clunky control wise than the previous games. The amount of unique art in this game is crazy. I really can't wait to get back into it tonight.

Magician

20 Year Member
"Best game on PS4."

"Masterpiece."

"Demon Souls was great, Bloodborne is better."

Fuck...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
"Best game on PS4."

"Masterpiece."

Fuck...

Don't buy into the hype just because its out there on the review sites, brother. Wait for real people (ie NG.com peeos) to play the game and give their opinions before giving up all hope of keeping that $60 in your wallet.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
"Best game on PS4."

"Masterpiece."

Fuck...

To be fair the best game on ps4 before Bloodbourne's release is like what? Infamous Second Son or the Last for Us remaster? Maybe Resogun?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
This will be my most anticipated game of 2015, and one of my most anticipated games of all time, so naturally I'm stuck working 11 to fucking 1130 today and tomorrow. And gaystop didn't even do a midnight release cause it's not fucking Madden or Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I'm tempted to try and run to GameStop on my break and pick this game up. I should have just digital pre-ordered.

I'm probably going to spend half the day at work in the shitter reading reviews.

I like what I'm hearing from you guys so far.

What do you all think of the music?

How is the PVP? Is the system easy like demon's souls? And does it rely on laggy back-stabs? I'm really hoping for some unrestricted pvp invading that doesn't rely on back stabbing.

To those of you who haven't tried/didn't like the first demon's souls/dark souls, you really should give the games a try before the servers are shut down. A lot of people get frustrated because the games are hard and give up. They're really not hard, they're just not button mashers, and you have to think before you act. Once you get far enough into the games and start reading into the items, and piecing the lore together, the games get pretty awesome. Especially Demon's Souls.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'll be picking this one up today I my way home from work, got the next two days off.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
The music is awesome, dark, brooding, cinematic at all the right moments. Very dour, but not overwhelming, there is no music in certain areas until you find an enemy. Boss music so far ( I'm on my second boss atm) is top notch.

Found my third outfit, a proper Victorian coat (grey) with a top hat.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Untitled.png

A Haiku -

GOODBYE MY PAYCHECK
DEPARTED LIKE WINTER SNOW
HELLO MY NEW DEBT

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have exams coming up, so I am intentionally not buying this yet.

But I'll be tearing into this next Wednesday as my reward. Can't wait.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You all should add me to Psn. Looks like I might get coverage for the last half of my shift today. So I might get some playtime in.

PSN= Jforrest1980

Magician

20 Year Member
To be fair the best game on ps4 before Bloodbourne's release is like what? Infamous Second Son or the Last for Us remaster? Maybe Resogun?

Best non-port, non-HD-re-release first-party title?

Yeah, it would be Resogun.

Bloodborne is the first well-received PS4 exclusive first-party game.

The Order: 1886 was not so well-received.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm farming 'souls' (not what they are called in this game, lol) and silver bullets right now, so I can finally level up and have enough ammo to take out the first boss. While I'm doing it though, I keep finding a bunch of new, divergent pathways leading to all sorts danger. The enemies come on fast, and at times in big groups, it's easy to get killed in this game, but if you do- you know it's your fault. Dark Souls 2 was/is full of cheapness to ramp up the difficulty level and half arse the notorious 'Souls' learning curve.

This game (so far) has none of the headaches associated with Dark Souls 2.

I'm pulling an all-nighter on this game, something I haven't done in ages.

Dark Souls 2 didnt have the special feeling the other games had. I still prefer Demon's Souls the most, mainly because of shrine of storms.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Ugh I haven't played video games in a couple years, now I'm back logged already and just started up again like a month ago. I'm just glad I'm almost done with Bravely Default (71 hours later, level 99, all jobs maxed!). Bought my PS4 two weeks ago just for this. Here we go~~~!

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
This game is the truest sequel to Castlevania Symphony of the Night as you are going to get.

Aren't these completely different games though? I've not played Dark Souls so I don't have anything to relate Bloodborne to other than God of War/Lords of Shadow-ish stuff. I'm really interested in why you compare Bloodborne to SoTN.