MVS gamer eyeing AES hotness.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Through out the last 10 years I managed to collect a good amount of games on both mvs and aes. I have more Mvs carts than aes since some Aes games are out of my league price wise. I would say buy some of the more affordable games on Aes and the high end games on Mvs.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Go AES. We were all given two kidneys for a reason.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
doesn't the system cost like 200$... how many mvs games cost that much more than aes versions?
isn't there a game out there you still want that you could get that gos in what you already have?
or if you're ''loaded'' go for it!

AFAIK, the only AES games that are less expensive than their MVS counterparts are Magician Lord and NAM-1975. All others are the same or less expensive on MVS.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
AES, MVS, who cares, play the games and have fun however you see fit.

I owned an AES and jumped into MVS, I was able to get way more games for MVS (129) than I ever had with AES (22), granted some of these MVS games need to go to folks that play them more (Pop 'n Bounce sucks, thanks for that minty kit Ratson! lol) 'cause I certainly don't see myself playing some of these titles. I should sell, I know, it's a PITA though, I usually just buy, rarely sell.

If I were ever going to get back on an AES I would consider a few things:

1. Uni-Bios
2. Audio/Video Mod to stay up with the times.
3. Phantom Converter, might as well use them MVS carts as well.
4. Get into the cheap titles only.

When I look back at this list I just keep thinking I should just keep my 2 slot CMVS and be happy with that along with my MVS boards and cabs, why go AES...

...there's a thing about it, I dunno, it's weird. Back in the day it was surreal, it was awesome when KOF was hot and you'd come home to play some games after school and not even worry about subpar versions like the SNES Neo ports from back in the day...PSX also had a set of ports, better than SNES but still...

I filled the void of missing my AES when I got me a NGCD, it's console, it's cool and it offers a little different experience over the MVS counterpart, loading times are a bitch but for classic titles it's really not that big of a deal. Fatal Fury Special 365/24/7 it's the best ever!

Get one, go nuts, soon you'll get it off your system and sell it like most of us.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
AFAIK, the only AES games that are less expensive than their MVS counterparts are Magician Lord and NAM-1975. All others are the same or less expensive on MVS.

There are a handful of others that are marginally cheaper on AES, such as The Super Spy and Blue's Journey, but nothing really of note.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
if you were thinking of aes, i would say jump on it asap before the games go more up in price. I've been with aes for 5 1/2 years and been able to rack up 69 games so far but its just hard to get those heavy hitter titles since they've skyrocketed in price

with mvs i've been collecting for about 2 years and im at 41 games. thankfully mvs is much cheaper and easier to collect.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
if you were thinking of aes, i would say jump on it asap before the games go more up in price. I've been with aes for 5 1/2 years and been able to rack up 69 games so far but its just hard to get those heavy hitter titles since they've skyrocketed in price

with mvs i've been collecting for about 2 years and im at 41 games. thankfully mvs is much cheaper and easier to collect.

69 games is impressive. Tried to think of a joke, but I got nothing.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
69 games is impressive. Tried to think of a joke, but I got nothing.

thanks man and its ironic that its at 69 but couldnt think of anything either lol hoping to make it 70 soon. I do have to thank you for helping to boost up my mvs collection!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Not really. That is purely an example of taking things to extremes and hording. Eight NGX systems?:scratch:
You're calling 8man a hoarder?!

I'm guessing he wouldn't want to replace his big red, just have the AES on the side.
I wasn't suggesting he replace the big red, just have both systems (and most games still on MVS).

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
no doubt 8man has an amazing collection but unlike a hoarder, he has everything nicely organized and its not flooded all over the place.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
tumblr_mkqv2fJ4Sc1ruygpco6_400.gif

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
no doubt 8man has an amazing collection but unlike a hoarder, he has everything nicely organized and its not flooded all over the place.

Having multiple additional copies of something(s) that will never be touched/used once they are put into storage is a behavior that you would define as...what, exactly?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Having multiple additional copies of something(s) that will never be touched/used once they are put into storage is a behavior that you would define as...what, exactly?

I don't harsh a man for wanting backup copies. Those Slug X carts are ticking time bombs.

PS: Slug 2 > X

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I doubt harsh a man for wanting backup copies. Those Slug X carts are ticking time bombs.

PS: Slug 2 > X

Yeahh man, those NGX units just scream failure rate. You totally need a dozen, at least, just to be sure.

PS: Demon Front > Slug

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Be a Neo switch-hitter.

MVS and AES 4 life.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That smack is good yo!@#**%!!

Martial Masters> Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold...

PGM4LF

Wait...wait, wait!

Do Donpachi II > Do Donpachi...

Hang on! Hang on for a sec...I'm having a moment here!

Spectral vs Generation > Samurai Shodown

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante

What do people get for NAM-75? I'm curious how inexpensive.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nam '75 used to be like 15 bucks for the homecart, no lie, I mean brand fucking new, permanent maker spots all over them tatas and all.

Nam '75 MVS used to round about 30-40 bucks in those days, but things have changed, apparently everything is stupid expensive now for no good reason.