MegaMan10 is overrated

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Berry, I wasn't trashing your review, I was trashing your opinion...lol.

Xeroshinobi, I don't think you understand what being objective means, really, the concept eludes you and flew over your head like the holy spirit at the Jordan river over Magdalene when Jesus was about to baptized her slutty ass, it just went woosh! OUTTA HERE WITH THIS ATTENTION WHORE!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Berry, I wasn't trashing your review, I was trashing your opinion...lol.
aaaaaah, so you just cannot appreciate the importance of details :)

demotivational-poster-17143.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can read between the lines and see your true nature...you're gasping for another Roll moment as if it was air...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah in Europe it's 'nez' and 'snez'.

Wrong.

ENN EEE ESS
ESS ENN EEE ESS

I never called it snez or some shit. Calling it Super Nintendo was okay though.

PS: Genesis is a fucking gay name for a console.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Genesis: biblical bad assery

Mega Drive: Japanese golf ball

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah in Europe it's 'nez' and 'snez'.

It didn't use to be, kiddo. I remember hearing some idiot female TV personality refer to it as the "snez" in the 90s and getting rather annoyed. That was not the norm though. In the UK, they were refered to as the N-E-S and Super Nintendo, at least by anyone who wasn't a faget. The same people probably pronounced Sega, "See-Ga".

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
snez and nez are good because one syllable words are efficient. Spelling out acronyms is a silly business.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
snez and nez are good because one syllable words are efficient. Spelling out acronyms is a silly business.

Except for the fact that it sounds like unwanted oily sniz discharge.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Ooh XeroShinobi is reading the thread RIGHT NOW! My knees are trembling with anticipation as he crafts his next reply...

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I never said I wasn't coming back, I said I was done for the night.

Jibbajaba, you are obsessed with subjective experience. I don't give a flying fuck about your stupid special snowflake bullshit. Great games are timeless. Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES is still fantastic. Castlevania 3 is still a blast. Most of the library hasn't aged as well, unfortunately. It's because it isn't that good. Many SNES and Genesis games in their respective genres are much better than what newer generations had to offer. This is common for that period, but extremely rare for the third generation. I've been singling out the NES because it is the only notable console from the period today. There were good Master System games and such, but they're few and far between in an already tiny library.

It's funny. I called the fourth generation the 16-bit era up until a few years ago. So, you would have thought I was in my 30s. I've been outed for being a Sega-16 member, a forum which has my age displayed. I don't believe for a second you didn't just google it. Regardless, 25 is not a hard age to guess. I correctly ascertained you're an aging nostalgia fag.

If I'm 25, how exactly did I not experience the fourth generation first hand? I know you're a fucking imbecile and basic arithmetic likely eludes you, but come on now. I experienced the NES late, but while it was still relevant. Not that it matters. As I said before, great games are timeless. Robotron 2084 is still fun.

ForeverSublime, I do agree that a game can have sprites too big for its own good. There are plenty of games in the fourth generation that don't use stupidly large sprites for their action platformers. A lot of games on the NES are downright clunky and plagued by slowdown and absurd amounts of flicker. But not all of them. So, it wasn't like the hardware couldn't produce good games. The limitations could be worked around, they just often weren't.

Continue to wear the rose-tinted glasses, Neo Geo board. You're surrounded by like-minded people who don't give a damn about being objective in the slightest. Any game on the NES that is even remotely playable is the best thing since sliced bread.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist

Jibbajaba, you are obsessed with subjective experience. I don't give a flying fuck about your stupid special snowflake bullshit. Great games are timeless. Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES is still fantastic. Castlevania 3 is still a blast. Most of the library hasn't aged as well, unfortunately. It's because it isn't that good. Many SNES and Genesis games in their respective genres are much better than what newer generations had to offer. This is common for that period, but extremely rare for the third generation. I've been singling out the NES because it is the only notable console from the period today. There were good Master System games and such, but they're few and far between in an already tiny library.

It's funny. I called the fourth generation the 16-bit era up until a few years ago. So, you would have thought I was in my 30s. I've been outed for being a Sega-16 member, a forum which has my age displayed. I don't believe for a second you didn't just google it. Regardless, 25 is not a hard age to guess. I correctly ascertained you're an aging nostalgia fag.

If I'm 25, how exactly did I not experience the fourth generation first hand? I know you're a fucking imbecile and basic arithmetic likely eludes you, but come on now. I experienced the NES late, but while it was still relevant. Not that it matters. As I said before, great games are timeless. Robotron 2084 is still fun.

ForeverSublime, I do agree that a game can have sprites too big for its own good. There are plenty of games in the fourth generation that don't use stupidly large sprites for their action platformers. A lot of games on the NES are downright clunky and plagued by slowdown and absurd amounts of flicker. But not all of them. So, it wasn't like the hardware couldn't produce good games. The limitations could be worked around, they just often weren't.

Continue to wear the rose-tinted glasses, Neo Geo board. You're surrounded by like-minded people who don't give a damn about being objective in the slightest. Any game on the NES that is even remotely playable is the best thing since sliced bread.

Why are you so obsessed with comparing generations? Why are you so obsessed with classifying gimmick sub-genres? Why are you such a colossal fucking retard? Why even bother?

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Why are you so obsessed with comparing generations? Why are you so obsessed with classifying gimmick sub-genres? Why are you such a colossal fucking retard? Why even bother?

Why are you even on a video game forum if you don't want to talk about video games?

Colossal fucking retard doesn't even begin to describe the sheer, unadulterated stupidity that oozes out of every orifice of most board members here.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Why are you even on a video game forum if you don't want to talk about video games?

Colossal fucking retard doesn't even begin to describe the sheer, unadulterated stupidity that oozes out of every orifice of most board members here.

you came here just to troll not talk about video games

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
you came here just to troll not talk about video games

No, I came here to talk about video games, but many of you guys seem more interested in blowing each other off than anything else.

I'm not going to claim the boards are completely dead or anything, by Jesus Christ. If anybody doesn't fall in line around here they're automatically considered a troll, even if they explain why they hold that opinion or value.

I've yet to hear a good counterargument. Yeah, I wasn't born in the late 70's or early 80's. I don't give a shit, and neither should anyone else. That's irrelevant. There are games I really like that pre-date the NES.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

More like you had to go start your closing shift at either Target, Walmart, or Gamestop.

Your opinion is moot because you weren't there to appreciate and understand those games' relevance in their own time.

I've been outed for being a Sega-16 member, a forum which has my age displayed. I don't believe for a second you didn't just google it. Regardless, 25 is not a hard age to guess. I correctly ascertained you're an aging nostalgia fag.

I'm sorry that its so hard for you to accept that your douchey behavior belies your age. And yeah, I am an aging nostaliga "fag". Having lived through that era (unlike you) I have a strong attachment to those games.

If I'm 25, how exactly did I not experience the fourth generation first hand? I know you're a fucking imbecile and basic arithmetic likely eludes you, but come on now. I experienced the NES late, but while it was still relevant.

You remind me of certain other people your age who try to be part of this hobby. You know you're too young to have any real reason to be here, so you try SOOO hard to convince people that "you were there, man!" and it's pathetic. You're 25. So you were born in either 89 or 90. So you were 10 in 99/00 when no one gave a shit about 8 and 16 bit consoles anymore. I should take you seriously because you played some SNES when it was still relevant, when you were in kindergarten?

This is the kind of thing that someone says when they know they've already lost and are already working on an exit strategy. Just go back to Sega-16 and start another circle-jerk about how horrible it is over here.

Also, please print out this thread and show it to your parents, explaining that this is what happens when every kid is treated like a special little flower and everyone gets participation trophies.

Last edited:

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
but*

I actually have shit to do again. I'll be gone for a few hours at least. Feel free to hop on the dog pile band wagon while I'm away.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Dude, I work a shitty factory job. Working retail would be a step up in many ways.

You don't seem to fucking work at all, or you have some BS office job. You're glued to this topic. Anyway, adios.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
If you hate your job so much you can make ad revenue with your stoic opinion on video games. Or you can troll here for free and enjoy your minimum wages.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh there's been plenty of points that have come across and you have failed to make any decent form of debate, if that's what you're after, you just choose to be an ignorant fuck about them and keep talking nonsense. I guarantee that you can't play worth a damn, you're just another uneducated fuck that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.

I've seen this come to light for the last couple of years, tons of youtube "gamers"/"hipster' fucks have shown their enthusiasm towards video games before their time, I mean that's cool and all but damn, seems to me like you are product of that process. Just like it happen here for a while with the Cave whores, oh man for a while there that was a pain in the ass to deal with. Bunch of idiots hugging cave pcbs and talking smack about everything else...aw man, funny thing is, you think you are the first to come here with some sort of fucked up logic and making a stand all proud of his new found opinion 'cause god knows you know best and we should not miss out on your magnificent thought patterns.

You are without a doubt a fucking moron, here's the deal. Let's keep tabs on you for a few more months and we'll retouch on this douchebag episode you're going through. Had you any sort of tact, hell even the slightest amount of class, you could have done this so differently and still have gotten your point across just fine but no you had to be a douche, you just can't help it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
This will be my last post in this topic for today, but I'll pretend to be blissfully unaware of the fact that a run & gun like Contra is not the same thing as an action platformer like Ninja Gaiden. The fourth generation still shits all over anything the the third has. Probably even harder than action platformers. Gunstar Heroes, Contra Hard Corps, and Contra III, and let's not forget the Neo Geo's very own Metal Slugs, are completely untouchable by any garbage the third generation ever had to offer.

Regardless of your opinion, this is all hindsight. At the time there was nothing better sans arcades so the point is perhaps evaluate the games given the time they were new. Sure there was better hardware , more buttons which gave more gameplay options etc, but I'd argue having all of that has evolved into nothing but Hollywood style bewlshit games. Are series over saturated yes, but overrated I don't think so.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
rabling nonsense

When I first posted in this topic, I was cordial. I only became hostile when people here dismissed my backed opinion as stupid while providing little, in some cases no information to back their stance.

How am I uneducated? I've played virtually every game you guys have listed, some of them extensively. I'm likely a lot better at most of them to boot. I've been gaming and talking about games for more than "a couple of years". Again, the first game I ever played was Conquest of the Crystal Palace on the NES when I was 3. I had a Genesis when I was around 4 and a half. I've been playing games and collecting for virtually all of my life. I couldn't care less of what hipsters think of games. You do know the cool hipster thing right now is the NES? Claiming that I'm part of that crowd is retarded.

And yes, the Turbo Grafx, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo are totally new and radical. They're 25+ fucking years old. In North America specifically, there isn't a large time gap between the third and fourth generations. So, unless you were playing the Famicom in 1983 (when the platform literally had next to nothing good), please shut the fuck up.

I don't care about your stupid subjective crap. I don't care that for 4 years in addition to a select few good titles, a slew of NES games ranging from mediocre to terrible looked good to you.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Great games are timeless. If the game aged badly, it isn't great. Never was. You were just less critical at the time and refuse to take off the rose-tinted glasses.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
You were born in 1990 and didn't play any NES game until 1993. The SNES was already popular by then. You only played what you had access to. You probably played a bulk of the NES games through emulation. It is easy for you to discount the entire library of games because it was before your time.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
When I first posted in this topic, I was cordial. I only became hostile when people here dismissed my backed opinion as stupid while providing little, in some cases no information to back their stance.

How am I uneducated? I've played virtually every game you guys have listed, some of them extensively. I'm likely a lot better at most of them to boot. I've been gaming and talking about games for more than "a couple of years". Again, the first game I ever played was Conquest of the Crystal Palace on the NES when I was 3. I had a Genesis when I was around 4 and a half. I've been playing games and collecting for virtually all of my life. I couldn't care less of what hipsters think of games. You do know the cool hipster thing right now is the NES? Claiming that I'm part of that crowd is retarded.

And yes, the Turbo Grafx, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo are totally new and radical. They're 25+ fucking years old. In North America specifically, there isn't a large time gap between the third and fourth generations. So, unless you were playing the Famicom in 1983 (when the platform literally had next to nothing good), please shut the fuck up.

I don't care about your stupid subjective crap. I don't care that for 4 years in addition to a select few good titles, a slew of NES games ranging from mediocre to terrible looked good to you.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Great games are timeless. If the game aged badly, it isn't great. Never was. You were just less critical at the time and refuse to take off the rose-tinted glasses.

You're talking about a console genre/sub-genre that generally demands very little from the player (whether it be scoring, implementation of mechanics, whatever). They're almost all unsophisticated and piss easy, and when they're not it's often rooted in bad design or from hardware limitations (which can obviously have a charm to some).

Really though, the core make up of these games didn't make leaps and bounds between generations.

You act like "4th generation" vs. NES is like comparing Yagawa or latter CAVE stuff to old Toaplan clones. The sub-genre on 16-bit systems didn't offer much beyond the better NES titles, other than a freedom of hindrances from the hardware (bad respawns etc like you said)

What type of unique mechanical gimmicks from the 16 bit era didn't exist on the NES (superficial, or otherwise)?

Again, it's clear that you get shit to a degree, but your NES/FC knowledge is still half-baked, and you're assuming everybody is an ignorant retrosexual right off the bat (this genre/sub-genre and older games as a whole surely attracts them these days, many members on this board are no exception).

None of this matters though. Your priority should be learning respect.

I will make you learn it bitch.

Last edited: