Jaguar CD Trouble

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Will a Sega CD AC adapter work with a Jaguar CD?

My brother can't find his original plugs for his Jag CD.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
I've tried using that AC adapter and I'm getting a boot screen showing that power is not getting to the Jag CD.

It shows the Jag CD and an arrow pointing to the power jack on the back. I know these systems are frail, and it's been at least a decade since I used this. Should I assume it has broken? Is there any thing else I can try to get it working?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I was using a sega cd adapter that had a 10v output, I noticed using a 9v output would give me that same screen.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
Any suggestions for getting it to run?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My current and former Jag CD always had to be perfectly seated to work. They're a pain in the ass and easily unseated.

I've not seen the screen you mentioned so no really helpful suggestions.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I had this, among a couple other issues, with a Jag CD I bought. What I ended up doing was opening the Jag CD and cleaning the fingerboard that inserts into the bottom of the Jag CD (inside) and inserts into the cart slot of the Jag. Strangely on the edge connector inside my Jag CD there was a large, dead bug. How it got inside is beyond me, but this should solve your issue, of course assuming something isn't hosed with the power jack itself. The Jag CD gets a bad rap for being unreliable, but generally speaking a good cleaning will fix most issues. Of course the games still stink, but that's another matter :)

Last edited:

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
I had this, among a couple other issues, with a Jag CD I bought. What I ended up doing was opening the Jag CD and cleaning the fingerboard that inserts into the bottom of the Jag CD (inside) and inserts into the cart slot of the Jag. Strangely on the edge connector inside my Jag CD there was a large, dead bug. How it got inside is beyond me, but this should solve your issue, of course assuming something isn't hosed with the power jack itself. The Jag CD gets a bad rap for being unreliable, but generally speaking a good cleaning will fix most issues. Of course the games still stink, but that's another matter :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try that so I can hopefully relive the exciting adventures of Vid Grid.