CPS II board scans?

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Thanks Pulstar :) Much appreciated. Mine is phoenixed one that I got not that long ago. But I can see it has an extra eprom. I don't know why as the phoenixed version is 7 files for eproms 3 to 9. I got 10 also... but at the same time 2 is missing. I guess I got a conversion board ?!

View attachment 22730

No mask roms, only eproms, no originals roms at all, it looks like a conversion board.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
Yeah MuppeT, def a conversion. A lot of those have been floating around on eBay recently

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
In addition to the roms, look at the jumpers next to rom socket 12; if those have been fucked with (looks like they have) then you're pretty much guaranteed to have a conversion on your hands. Glad you didn't pay too much.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
has anyone ever seen a 19XX that looks like this?

Gv3DNoll.jpg

Here's a gallery with more pics:
http://imgur.com/a/zVSUV

I'm confident it's legit, just wondering if anyone knows the story. It's wicked heavy, easily double and even triple what a B board usually weighs. The two boards are just stuffed to the gills with chips. The battery is in its usual spot, just completely covered by the second board.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yes.

It's a Yellow Rental version.

That's the daughter board for sound an graphicsthat sits on top of the "B" board.

Not all Yellow boards use that part.

Last edited:

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I know it's a rental board, but why is it so different from a normal 19XX? That's what I'm curious about. A regular 19XX does not have a daughter board.

Here's the 19XX on that website, or did they just take a picture of one board and all 19XX are heavy with the daughter board?

800px-Cps2_19xx_the_war_against_destiny_set1_mb_top.jpg

EDIT: I think what threw me is they only took a pic of one board. It looks like my main board is identical to the one on that site.

I think it's cool how damn heavy this game is though :)

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The configuration is different because, when the OP was done running the game, they would return it to CAPCOM.

Then CAPCOM would wipe the board, reprogram it with the new game, re-label it for the OP (or the next OP), and ship it back out.

That's why the Yellow boards are all eprom boards.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The configuration is different because, when the OP was done running the game, they would return it to CAPCOM.

Then CAPCOM would wipe the board, reprogram it with the new game, re-label it for the OP (or the next OP), and ship it back out.

That's why the Yellow boards are all eprom boards.

Bingo.

Yellow boards are a made on demand flexible rental platform. It should be noted that they are not all eprom based, they do come in mask roms format.