CPS II board scans?

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Wish they had a Picture of Jangokushi: Haō no Saihai . I have that one but it has a Daughter Board with SIMMs on it instead of the usual chips. I was wondering if they are all like that.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wish they had a Picture of Jangokushi: Haō no Saihai . I have that one but it has a Daughter Board with SIMMs on it instead of the usual chips. I was wondering if they are all like that.

I'll pop mine open today and let you know. :)

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks ! Mine seem like one of those quickly put together CPS2 with spare parts that capcom would do . It even has a Blue shell for a Japanese Game.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Mine has a blue shell too. I think it was pretty common for some of the Japanese puzzle games.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
My Janpai Puzzle Chōkō is green case, but it has no label, and has the daughter board with SIMMs on it. It's a battery board so I have no reason to think it's not legit.

loegan43

15 Year Member
yeah, just threw the picture up for kahel, so he can compare his.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Mine is also exactly like yours. Seem like the daughter board is the standard for that game. Thank you for the picture.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hey loegan,

If you want, you can talke a pick of your "B"B board (like the others on the page), and scan the label on the case (300x300 dpi), and email it to ack.

He'll add your it to the site.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Yeah, I saw he's missing a few that I have. I'll get a hold of him and send him some pics.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Sometimes capcom just slapped labels over other labels. The boards could still be legit.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Sometimes capcom just slapped labels over other labels. The boards could still be legit.
OH I know it is legit converted by capcom, its on battery and has the TOD chip labels. Just sad that the board used to be a much more expensive SF2T board, a blue one at that. The arcade op back in the day must of had too many SF2T boards and had Capcom convert it to TOD. There is actually a 3rd label under the SF2T one, but no clue what that one is. Kind of cool to see what kind of life the board lived.

loegan43

15 Year Member
I agree. It's pretty interesting to see that at some point, SSFII Turbo was so much less in demand than TOD that it was converted by Capcom. I've come across a couple different boards that used to be SSFII Turbos. :(

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Can someone post a scan from an original battle circuit cps2 if you have it ? please :)

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Here's a pic of my Battle Circuit Green B board.

battle_circuit_zpselstrza8.jpg

The maskroms are marked up with BTC-**

Hope this helps.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Thanks Pulstar :) Much appreciated. Mine is phoenixed one that I got not that long ago. But I can see it has an extra eprom. I don't know why as the phoenixed version is 7 files for eproms 3 to 9. I got 10 also... but at the same time 2 is missing. I guess I got a conversion board ?!

WP_20150210_001.jpg

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
No probs:). To me that looks like a conversion board just because the GFX and samples roms should be Mask roms and yours look like eproms. The extra program rom could just be because it's a different revision or region.