The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition Bundle w/Skull Kid Figurine for 3DS

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
should be renamed the "Amiibo Weeaboo Symposium"

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Got my copy reserved. Fucking december tho. lol

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I am getting tired of all this super limited availability crap. Pre-order sold out in a matter of hours. Ludicrous. Its like Nintendo is trying to screw their fans...I mean who is waiting by their computer for updates on this stuff? Its like they are catering to the scalping/flipping crowd.

Seriously considering even selling off my amiibos and calling it quits, shit aint worth it. Seriously.

Can't fan the demand flame if just anyone can get it, gotta limit these to drive up sales

They did this with the first two years with the Wii

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got my brother to preorder one in store since online was all sold out. The nearest gamestop by here is over an hour and half drive.

This scalping needs to stop, i've seen people with 6+ on 4chan bragging about it, one person had 15 and even used his family to get more. Scalpers truly are scum and contribute nothing to society.

Just look at these completed auctions for fucking preorders. Shouldn't this be illegal on ebay since you don't have the actual item?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ra's+mask+limited+edition&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Gotta love the greater fool theory.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Gamers are some of the worst people possible. This hobby just attracts such lowlifes. It really makes you happy to belong to a place like this site where a lot of this asshole behavior is called out and not glamorized like most other gaming sites. Fuck anyone who is buying these to screw others over. If you want to collect one for yourself, cool, but if you're buying 10 to rip people off on ebay? Seriously, fuck you.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Gamers are some of the worst people possible. This hobby just attracts such lowlifes. It really makes you happy to belong to a place like this site where a lot of this asshole behavior is called out and not glamorized like most other gaming sites. Fuck anyone who is buying these to screw others over. If you want to collect one for yourself, cool, but if you're buying 10 to rip people off on ebay? Seriously, fuck you.

It's everything though. The same shit happens in the world of rare beer releases. People have flat out hired people off craigslist to stand in line with them so they could pick up multiple allotments of Special Release X and then either sell or trade the extra bottles. Some of these beers pass through the hands of several people without ever being consumed. It becomes this kind of game to trade your beer for a better beer and so on and so on. The only way to win is to get one over on someone else. Like those stories you hear of from someone bartering a paper clip into a sailboat or whatever.

Where there are people, lots of interest, and disposable money, this sort of behavior follows close behind.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I wonder how fast they went out of stock on Amazon. I saw a news post pop up on my Facebook feed, went to go check the price on Amazon's mobile site and it was already sold out. They should limit them to one per person. It's bullshit. I didn't like the N64 Zelda's that much but I was still interested in checking the game out. The only hope is people won't fall for it and the people that have 5-10 of them will be fucked in the ass with something worthless, but considering the bullshit over the Amiibo's I doubt that.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
It's everything though. The same shit happens in the world of rare beer releases. People have flat out hired people off craigslist to stand in line with them so they could pick up multiple allotments of Special Release X and then either sell or trade the extra bottles. Some of these beers pass through the hands of several people without ever being consumed. It becomes this kind of game to trade your beer for a better beer and so on and so on. The only way to win is to get one over on someone else. Like those stories you hear of from someone bartering a paper clip into a sailboat or whatever.

Where there are people, lots of interest, and disposable money, this sort of behavior follows close behind.

I agree, I had the misfortune to meet unscrupulous sellers and dealers when I used to collect actions figures. My brothers complained about greedy comic book sellers jacking up prices, heck my friend who is into Jordans complain about the same thing. Videogame collecting is the newest hobby many people are getting into recently so when demand is up, the scalpers and resellers come out the woodworks.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you people didn't want limited editions, then they wouldn't make them. Limited , by definition, is less than the normal print.

Maybe it would be better if there were only Special Editions vs Standard Editions. If you want plastic crap, get the special edition. Neither are rare by default, but could be rare based on demand.... Boom, the world is happy.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Got my brother to preorder one in store since online was all sold out. The nearest gamestop by here is over an hour and half drive.

This scalping needs to stop, i've seen people with 6+ on 4chan bragging about it, one person had 15 and even used his family to get more. Scalpers truly are scum and contribute nothing to society.

Just look at these completed auctions for fucking preorders. Shouldn't this be illegal on ebay since you don't have the actual item?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ra's+mask+limited+edition&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Gotta love the greater fool theory.

Funny thing is, by the time it's released the paypal claim window will have long since expired. I wonder how many of these winning bidders will actually receive their stuff.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Went by a local GameStop, they said that reservations or pre-orders weren't being taken.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Went by game stop first thing thi Wed morning. Grabbed a pre-order, limited to one per person, then headed to work. Probably would have checked another game stop had I not had to be at work at 11.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I had the opportunity to pre-order this a couple times today but I'm not a fan of Zelda. Next time I'll just order it to help someone out here. Didn't know these were high in demand. Same goes for the amiibos.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I never was a big fan of the N64 Zelda games and the whole Amiibo frenzy has me starting to get disenfranchised with Nintendo as a company. Unlike the Amiibos though I understand this is a limited edition packaging but because of things like the Amiibos, now anytime Nintendo does anything rare it will be frenzied upon to no end. Welcome to the new normal I guess. :annoyed:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Went by a local GameStop, they said that reservations or pre-orders weren't being taken.

When I went by mine, they said the same thing. There wasn't even a SKU to order it under...which I confirmed by looking at the screen the guy was looking at.

However, he was able to order one over their website for me. I had to pay in full ($50) to get it. When it's released, it's going to be shipped to me directly.

So, technically, I preordered it. However, I just hope I'm not the unlucky guy to get bumped out of line because they let too many preorders go through.

Jon

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
When I went by mine, they said the same thing. There wasn't even a SKU to order it under...which I confirmed by looking at the screen the guy was looking at.

However, he was able to order one over their website for me. I had to pay in full ($50) to get it. When it's released, it's going to be shipped to me directly.

So, technically, I preordered it. However, I just hope I'm not the unlucky guy to get bumped out of line because they let too many preorders go through.

Jon

This was my situation as well, but apparently if there are not enough preorders available, they go based off of who preorders first.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
This was my situation as well, but apparently if there are not enough preorders available, they go based off of who preorders first.

If Nintendo really cared about their fanbase, they'd start by going through those ebay auctions, matching up order numbers, and cancelling them based off that.

The asshats that listed those auctions should wind up with a game only edition. Imagine having to explain that to the winning bidder 6-10 months after the fact...and, being short the $100-250 that they're going for.

Jon

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I went to my local Gamestop on the way home from work last night and they said they are no longer taking in-store pre-order for the LE.

I really am falling out of favor with Nintendo - I supported their crappy Wii U when everyone else was rightfully crapping on it.
I sat by and watched as they offered all cool goodies abroad (like the Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta LEs) and the US got nothing.

But I'm tired of this nonsense w/ Amiibos and this crap. Gonna flip all my shit on ebay and buy a 20th anniversary PS4, haha.

And Toad is a major fogot.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You are getting pretty worked up over stuff that doesn't exclude you from playing any of their games. None of the Amiibo's are rare yet. This LE edition will likely go back on presale on amazon for days or weeks. It's a year in advance still.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm just messing around...I'm not selling anything (all my stuff is open anyway), and I sure am not getting a 20th anniversary ps4.

You are right, I can still buy the regular edition of MM, but as someone who has been a Nintendo fan since the NES and has owned every Nintendo console (even the virtual boy, and nearly a complete collection btw), I have a big appreciation for Nintendo characters and any related doodads and trinkets.

I've been a loyal customer for like 30 years, it sucks that a lot of cool products have been so hard to find lately. Yeah I know that is part of supply and demand etc etc, and limited editions being limited, but it doesn't make it any less sucky. I for one would have loved a Skull Kid figure and will pre-order if the chance comes up again - but I am not paying 3x markup on it.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Prereserved normal edition.

I don't do that Amibo stuff (Jesus, I don't have the room for all those little fucking toys anyway) and the special item for the LE is pretty worthless to me.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Mayne this some bullsht!!!
The game popped up on amazon.can and sold out in an hour. Ebgames ain't even got it online but the preorders already done. I just called the ont on st Hubert strrt they told me I had to be there in person to do it. Just got here 15 miins later and its already done with.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Did GameStop or Amazon limit the amount you can order online? If they didn't limit the order, then I'm afraid resellers got the bulk of the preorders.