Game room in progress [EXCLUSIVE 2015 TEASERS]

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
I've been working for a while on turning my attic into the game room I've always wanted it to be.

I've still got a decent amount of work ahead of me but I'm really happy with what I've got goin so far.

IMG_20150101_233011.jpg

Not pictured are all my consoles, pc setup, and a couple cabs.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Judging by what I can see in the pic,

you're off go a good start!
icon14.gif

Now, keep up the good work. :)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
sweeeeeet ... where in nj are you ?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Excellent setup - I like it quite a bit. Be careful not to put too many cabs up there or your attic will be also be your living room.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nice game room. Do you have a/c and heat up there? It looks like a finished room.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
How many other cabs do you have up there? o_o

Also, how do you access the room? Does it have normal stairs or is it an access ladder? Curious how much trouble it was to get the cabs up there!

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Nice room, i love how you seperated the 2 cabs with another book shelf full of games.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Thanks dudes.

I guess it's less of an attic and more of another room at the top of the house. It's fully finished, with a full staircase and all.

It doesn't have heat (circulator isn't strong enough) but I've got an electric radiator that does the job. Window unit for ac.

I still need to get my astro and blast up there. The problem is the doorway is only 27", so everything has to come apart.

Right now there are 4 cabs: neo, OK baby, cyberlead, and Naomi. Not sure if the Naomi is staying since it's a prototype universal standup and I haven't decided whether or not to chop it.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Not sure if the Naomi is staying since it's a prototype universal standup and I haven't decided whether or not to chop it.

Chop it.
Very nice room of yours. I enjoy the fighters selection on those cabs.

SSF2X + 95? :buttrock:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Finally got all my consoles hooked up.

IMG_20150102_124638.jpg

From top to bottom, left to right:
Mastersystem
Laserdisc Player (sadly not a Laseractive)
PS2 Slim
3DO FZ1
Neo CD Top Loader
Neo Geo
Xbox Classic
Video Switches
Genesis Model 1 with Model 1 Sega CD and 32X
SNES
Dreamcast
Nes Top Loader
Playstation
Saturn
PC Engine Briefcase
Nintendo 64
Wii
Gamecube with GBA Player
Atari 7800
Jaguar
Turbo Duo
PC-FX

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Nice setup, everything hooked up at once? Must be a shiteload of AV switches and powerboards.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Looks like a nice setup. Can't wait til I have a place of my own for something similar.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i really like that entertainment stand and layout, it is simple but really inviting to just sit down and grab a controller.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Thanks again for all the positive comments.

The entertainment center is part of the whole nostalgia motif. It's my original one from like 10-15 years ago.
The shelf to the right is from IKEA. It's this one with an extra shelf: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00134047/#/10102135

IMG_20150103_131941.jpg
IMG_20150103_131957.jpg

To get everything hooked up I've got three a/v switches:
8 input composite
Well made, heavy enough to not move too much, works, and only $20.
http://www.amazon.com/Panlong®-Swit...=1420309397&sr=8-2&keywords=composite+8+input
4122+ahCN1L.jpg

8 input composite/svideo/component (only using it for svideo)
Pelican System Selector Pro
I wish these were still being made. They're great (except for hd signals...but who cares about that for sd). A lot of the name tags have broken on mine over the years. :(
pelicanblack.jpg

4 input component switch
Mad Catz HDTV Component System Selector
The design of this thing sucks but the video works well. Works up to 1080i too, but only using it for sd now).
73-999-402-01.jpg

And for power, everything with a normal plug that's not going to leech power stays plugged into one of four power strips. Then I've got all the ac adapters hanging on the wall ready to be plugged into an open wall mounted power strip.
IMG_20150103_132011.jpg

Might start taking apart the Astro City and bringing it up here today.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Man that shit looks baller. I actually have that same Pelican AV switcher! Bought it in like 2003~. One of the ports died on me but the others still work, never bother to open it and see what was wrong, probably the switch itself. Sick room dude, but is it in an attic? Or do you have like an A-frame home?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of house it is, not an a-frame though. It was built from 1912-1918. It's similar in style to Sears/craftsman homes but with dutch colonial elements and I've never been able to find it. I think it predates them a few years. There's two normal floors plus the attic and a basement. I don't know for sure if it was ever an attic or always finished. Like I said it's got a full staircase, windows. Basically a big long room at the top of the house.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Looking great, love how you handled the AC Adapter situation for your consoles.

I gave up trying to have 10+ systems hooked up at once and just display the consoles without wires. Then I have small containers for each system that hold the AC Adapter, AV Cables, and controllers.

Arcadecrazy

New Challenger
I like the room there is something so rewarding about customizing your own personal game room. The console collection and set up is nice I am jealousy as most of mine are in boxes right now. Keep up the good work.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Very nice. I like how you have the AC adapters hanging there for easy access. I will have to keep that in mind for when I get a house and am able to have a game room again.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Your console setup is similar to mine, but yours is slightly larger overall. My TV isn't the same model, but similar, my A/V selectors aren't the same, but similar.

Very nice. I'd love a dedicated gaming room, and I'd also love to get a cab or two, but I live in an apartment and don't have that kind of space. I may buy a house in the sorta near future, though. I can dream.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Awesome setup ! I love how you organized the electric plugs.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
That looks awesome, but it must be a pain trying to get those cabs to the top floor of your house? Worth it though.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
very nice game room. from the cabs, to the awesome 8 way av selectors, I love how your game room is coming along.