161 in 1 - Individual Game General Bios Settings

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi Guys I hope you can help me as I have a question on accessing the individual game bios settings on the 161 in 1 multicart. I have searched the internet to no avail and tried to search the forum.

Anyway when I try to alter the difficulty settings for a game using Unibios General Bios Settings I get options like arcade lockout mode and some other settings for the cart in general (see P.S. below). I have tried soft resets etc. but nothing seems to work :(

Is there a way through software to get to an individual game bios settings when using the 161 in 1 cart? If hardware dip settings are required then I am screwed because my MVS is consolised. Apart from the difficulty settings I am most interested in activating the viewpoint 2 player mode so here's hoping someone can help!

P.S. Regarding some of these settings I imagine they are for arcade cabs and I worry that I could lock myself out of my own console with the cart. Is that possible?

bdlou

Quiz Detective
In the Universe BIOS, do a soft reset then immediately hold down B, C and D. This should get you to the soft dips. I just confirmed this on my 4 slot:

1. Turn on the Neo Geo
2. Switch to the 161 in 1
3. Select Samurai Shodown V Special
4. Enter Universe BIOS
5. Soft Reset
6. Immediately hold B, C, D

I was then presented with the soft dips, with the 161 in 1 slot showing Samurai Shodown V Special amongst the other 3 carts I had plugged in.

Good luck!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
In the Universe BIOS, do a soft reset then immediately hold down B, C and D. This should get you to the soft dips. I just confirmed this on my 4 slot:

1. Turn on the Neo Geo
4. Enter Universe BIOS
5. Soft Reset

I was then presented with the soft dips, with the 161 in 1 slot showing Samurai Shodown V Special amongst the other 3 carts I had plugged in.

Good luck!

Keep in mind however that the backup memory on the MVS board usually can only keep setting for up to 8 games. When you insert the ninth, the first one gets overwritten.

Regards.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
When I got my 161-1 whoever put the cart together had tightened the shells screw tower right into the ribbon cable crushing it..I only discovered this because I could not get the cart in my 4 slot mobos slot for the life of me.it seems the carts boards are to long at the connector edge so I had to open the cart and file a small amount of the ends off..the cart still fits very tight but now fits..

so far so good I've been playing the games on it daily...I have NO other carts in my 4 slot board..I took them out..

I am playing this cart in my Big Red Version 3 Neo Geo MVS arcade machine..I want to use just a 1 slot board with this cart but I am not sure which one will plug right into my cabinet in place of the 4 slot.

http://youtu.be/E4ve5rQ0s84?list=UUWs8HOtpxctRRWNzKulwngg

Last edited:

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire

1. Turn on the Neo Geo
4. Enter Universe BIOS
5. Soft Reset

Good luck!

Keep in mind however that the backup memory on the MVS board usually can only keep setting for up to 8 games. When you insert the ninth, the first one gets overwritten.

Regards.

Thanks guys. Works like a dream although looking for the 2 player viewpoint settings I was pressing button A on next for a while until I figured out you press down to get to the next page. Very strange!

:)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I figure more then one person has bought this cart...I can't get it in my 4 slot motherboard without forcing it in then I can barely get it out..I currently a not using the cart due to that..

So just what exactly do you have to do to this cart to get it to fit in motherboards correctly.?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I figure more then one person has bought this cart...I can't get it in my 4 slot motherboard without forcing it in then I can barely get it out..I currently a not using the cart due to that..

So just what exactly do you have to do to this cart to get it to fit in motherboards correctly.?

You have to take the boards out of the shell and use some sandpaper to narrow the portion of the board that slips into the edge connector (like 0.5 mm or so off of each side. It sounds like a pain, but it takes like 5 minutes and after that the cart will feel just like any other MVS cart.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
You have to take the boards out of the shell and use some sandpaper to narrow the portion of the board that slips into the edge connector (like 0.5 mm or so off of each side. It sounds like a pain, but it takes like 5 minutes and after that the cart will feel just like any other MVS cart.

is that on the ends of the cart on the inside?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,

Thank you for the quick response..

just so that I don't make mistakes..you mean these corners?..

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Thank you for the quick response..

just so that I don't make mistakes..you mean these corners?..

Yup, exactly. Just use like some folded-up ~100 grit sandpaper to carefully shave a little bit of the material off of each end. Before putting it back together you can just test the individual boards by trying to insert them into the mobo on your cab (with the power off, obviously). Just make sure that you are squared up to the board edge so that you aren't making it slanty or anything.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yup, exactly. Just use like some folded-up ~100 grit sandpaper to carefully shave a little bit of the material off of each end. Before putting it back together you can just test the individual boards by trying to insert them into the mobo on your cab (with the power off, obviously). Just make sure that you are squared up to the board edge so that you aren't making it slanty or anything.

Thanks for getting into specifics, this worked perfect for me. :)

While sliding off the bottom piece of the cart shell, I noticed how tight it was. I checked periodically while sanding to see how smooth the pcbs slid in and out of that piece to judge when I'd sanded off enough.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Thanks for getting into specifics, this worked perfect for me. :)

While sliding off the bottom piece of the cart shell, I noticed how tight it was. I checked periodically while sanding to see how smooth the pcbs slid in and out of that piece to judge when I'd sanded off enough.

Cool, man! Glad it worked out for you.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I can't believe I forgot to follow up my post. Rounded off those edges and all is right with the world. Thanks Jibbs!