Megaman Anniversary Collection (XBOX) questions

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
*) Does this run on a european XBOX 360? (compatibility list on xbox.com just says "yes" - but does not define regions
*) Do XBOX games run on the xbox360 as "Emulation" or does this just use lower Hardware specs?
*) Would the game run on a euro original XBOX?
*) Does someone own it and does it have gameplay differences to the original NES Versions?

thank you for your inputs

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the original Xbox had region protection, so you may be out of luck. The 360 does use emulation for 360 games, and most games are worse for it compared to running it on an original Xbox.

Also, if you have an original Xbox, just softmod it and run a nes emulator. It will shit all over the anniversary pack.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Also, if you have an original Xbox, just softmod it and run a nes emulator. It will shit all over the anniversary pack.

Hands down the best advice on this matter.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I remember playing the GameCube version - jump and shoot were reversed. Fail.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I remember playing the GameCube version - jump and shoot were reversed. Fail.

Yyyyup. I remember that very vividly. I still somehow managed to clear the first Mega Man. After which I ejected it, and got rid of it.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I think the original Xbox had region protection, so you may be out of luck. The 360 does use emulation for 360 games, and most games are worse for it compared to running it on an original Xbox.

OG Xbox had game specific region lock, same as 360.

For example, Taito Legends 2 runs on an NTSC Xbox.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Thank you for the Inputs, damn.. means I perhaps have to look out for a NES again in the future. (atm I still have mm9 and 10 on the xbox360 left that should take some time ;))