For those who drink Johnnie Walker whisky, which label do you prefer?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So New Years is right around the corner and for you whisky drinkers I would like to know which you prefer? For some reason I always keep going back to JW. I've tried Regular Jack, Gentleman Jack, JW blue, gold, green, black. I always find myself going back to black.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Have you tried Jack Honey? That stuff is delicious as it is dangerous.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Black Label because I'm a pleb pretending to be a big tymer

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
step up to pappy!

If not, then I'd go with blue... or balvenie 21. That's me though. If you like black, drink black!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I prefer Black Label unless it's a very special occasion. Also in my opinion, the difference in taste and quality between the gold and the blue is not as noticeable as the price difference. Johnnie Walker is blended Scotch whisky. I like bourbon/Tennessee whiskey as well, but I can't stand Jack Daniels. You might also want to try venturing into the single malt scotch world as well if you haven't already- try a couple from each region to determine which one suits your tastebuds best. I believe the Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are pretty accessible places to start.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
For a blend, black is the best value for the money. Like neo said, you start paying more than that it makes more sense to find a nice single malt like Laphroaig.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
If I have to go johnny then blue, then again i'd always prefer an islay scotch which also comes cheaper

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Where I live the only one available is blue but no one drinks it cause it is considered shit. It's pretty much Royal salute or fuck off in these parts.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I agree that Black Label is the best value of any Johnnie Walker whisky, but I generally prefer to drink Yamazaki 12 or practically anything from Glenlivet or Glenmorangie.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Platinum is pretty smooth since they don't make gold or green anymore. Blue label honestly isn't worth it ive had smoother Chivas Regal.

Im a Bowmore or Laphroiag 18 fanatic

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I'd stick with Black. I find Blue Label inferior to similarly-priced XO Cognacs.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Going to give some of the single malts mentioned a try. Thanks for the heads up.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Black

tried Blue, but haven't had enough of it to make a real decision

If I go premium scotch, I always reach for Glenlivets

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
best sub $100 bottle out there:

8997381261_389d88101f_z.jpg

standard aberlour is the best sub $50 bottle.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
My go to whisks are bulleit rye for cheaper and macallan 12, yamazaki, hibiki, and hakushu 12

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Mind that Macallan now uses different barrels than in the past with what is imho lower quality at a higher price :(

skateonwalls

I love sexy knickers!,
20 Year Member
Never tired blue but my favorite is green,shame they don't make it any more.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
No underage for me, Gold and above, Chivas 18+ Buchanans 18+. As I got older my whisky has to be older, Black label doesnt sit too well anymore.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm a bourbon guy...probably because this was where I was guided by a friend years ago...and it's the path I chose.

With that said, I'll pretty much take anything this site offers:

http://www.smallbatch.com/lpa

Especially Booker's...which is superb. On "any given day" I'll be more than happy with a bottle of Knob Creek. Straight, mixed in a drink...it's always good...and relatively cheap.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Mind that Macallan now uses different barrels than in the past with what is imho lower quality at a higher price :(

So they started using different barrels 12 years ago, or just recently?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
wait for me!!!

what I mean is that I wonder if any of this matters to someone that will NOT pay more than 40$ for a bottle.
I'd like to drink something good? this is aboot ''whiskey'' right(sorry I don't know much about the ''booze''_I'm bush league)?
I've tried the honey and liked it more than jack maybe I should try black is it like makers mark? I think that stuff is ''good''?