SNK Neo Mini UFO Catcher

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just for sharing... because i think there is not so much info about this SNK product.

The short story: on 24th of december (right in time) we have found some NOS SNK Neo Mini UFO Catchers in Italy.
I have taken 2: one green and one pink.
I showed them to my whife to choose one, she chose the green one, now i'm selling the pink in Italy (sorry... no overseas shipping)

I just unwrapped it, put some toys and modified to take any coin.
As you can see from the pics, the stand is not so nice, and they had only red stands... i think i should repaint it...

The UFO Catcher is really a great toy!
A lot of tunes and UFO effects and it's really addictive!

Now i'm checking every switch for the setup, there are some programs to select, but they doesn't seem to be useful.
There are also a couple of switches, probably for the claws strength.

Now i would like to understand how to set the credits, because it's 2 credits for one play, i would like to set 1/1 .

Some pics:
2dtb2gy.jpg

68ym92.jpg

30vkq6g.jpg

91c76r.jpg

14y0g3s.jpg

x2v1qw.jpg

and a video!

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
No idea how to help but those are pretty cool.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Very cool. What kind of Neo-related goodies do you think these things used to hold?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey, thanks for the info and that vid, not a bad machine. Reminds me of the catcher in CFC. ^^

You should showcase all the sounds once you get it set up proper.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
that's awesome! never knew this even existed! would definitely be an awesome display piece for a game room

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
It should be available in grey as well (at least it was in Japan).

The catchers for the western market have small differences compared to those sold in Japan. The major one is the small led screen they have inside compared to the "wheel counter" the Japanese version has.

And yes, the two switches on the inside are used to regulate the claws strengh (or better how effective it will be when used). Set them both to "on" for maximal strenght, while by setting them both on "off" will be the weakest.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Seems you have the stand from a red one according to that flyer that was linked :) Very neat. I really like claw games, would be tempted to have one in the house to store the wife's stuffed animals :) I just don't have any room at the moment. I had never seen the SNK version of it though. I wonder how wide spread through the US they were.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Do you know how the dip switches settings work?

They are these small little switches. When you flip them on or off they adjust settings like free play and stuff like that. I think it's switch 8 that enables blood for the UFO Catcher.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do you know how the dip switches settings work?

If you set all to OFF except for the middle one you'll be beamed up into the SNK UFO and you'll experience anal reconfiguration.