Dreamcast Ghost Blade

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
One of the Dreamcast Talk forum members uploaded a 27min longplay...

If your a backer, stick around for the end credits. I read Ghost Blade might be the last game soundtrack from Rafael Dyll?
A legendary gentleman, indeed.

Last edited:

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I played yesterday for about one hour and really like it, really professionally made. Only thing I didn´t like were the slowdowns.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Anybody else have any opinions? My copy is waiting at the post office and I just remembered I don't even have a Dreamcast with a GD-ROM drive anymore, I swapped out a broken one with a GDEMU a while back, so I probably won't be playing it any time soon.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Anybody else have any opinions? My copy is waiting at the post office and I just remembered I don't even have a Dreamcast with a GD-ROM drive anymore, I swapped out a broken one with a GDEMU a while back, so I probably won't be playing it any time soon.

You can pass it to me and I will play it for you.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

so far....meh

Jonathan32

n00b

I think its a pretty fun game. It is kind of average though. Whenever there is a lot of action on screen mine seems to have like screen tearing or frame skipping or something going on. Especially whenever your collecting all the gold, its kind of annoying. Im using the Hanzo VGA box to a Atlona AT-HD500 VGA to HDMI upscaler to a plasma TV. The picture quality is excellent. Also the first few stages are extremely easy. Overall though its a fun game. It seems like a dodonpachi clone.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I think its a pretty fun game. It is kind of average though. Whenever there is a lot of action on screen mine seems to have like screen tearing or frame skipping or something going on. Especially whenever your collecting all the gold, its kind of annoying. Im using the Hanzo VGA box to a Atlona AT-HD500 VGA to HDMI upscaler to a plasma TV. The picture quality is excellent. Also the first few stages are extremely easy. Overall though its a fun game. It seems like a dodonpachi clone.

This pretty much sums it up. For a homebrew, it's a great game. As for a shooter, it's average. I got through halfway through the game on my first try. The technoraver day glow colors do get annoying at times because there is so much pink on the screen, I lose track of what's a bullet and what's not. Maybe that was intentional by the devs, who knows? They really need to go easy on the Candy Crush color palette. It was fun for a few spins, then I went right back to Zero Gunner, Ikaruga and Under Defeat.

I definitely need to look into getting one of those Atlona boxes.

Jonathan32

n00b
This pretty much sums it up. For a homebrew, it's a great game. As for a shooter, it's average. I got through halfway through the game on my first try. The technoraver day glow colors do get annoying at times because there is so much pink on the screen, I lose track of what's a bullet and what's not. Maybe that was intentional by the devs, who knows? They really need to go easy on the Candy Crush color palette. It was fun for a few spins, then I went right back to Zero Gunner, Ikaruga and Under Defeat.

I definitely need to look into getting one of those Atlona boxes.
Yeah I have been super happy with mine. luckily I was able to find a used one on eBay for $75.00. They are pretty expensive brand new, whenever you do decide to get one, I would recommend the Atlona AT-HD500 model. It has tons of features via a menu button on the unit. it has so many different output resolutions to choose from. I have never had any problems with it and it really does look amazing!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've been wondering about those Atlonas. Most similar products are either a lot cheaper and crap, or way too expensive, with the Atlona sitting in a happy medium. I could never find any decent reviews for people using them for gaming.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah I have been super happy with mine. luckily I was able to find a used one on eBay for $75.00. They are pretty expensive brand new, whenever you do decide to get one, I would recommend the Atlona AT-HD500 model. It has tons of features via a menu button on the unit. it has so many different output resolutions to choose from. I have never had any problems with it and it really does look amazing!

Glad to hear the great review! I just scored a used HD500 on Ebay. I can't wait to hook it up with my Hanzo!

Jonathan32

n00b
Glad to hear the great review! I just scored a used HD500 on Ebay. I can't wait to hook it up with my Hanzo!

Sweet!! Let me know how you like it after you get everything hooked up and running. There's a lot of connections that need to be made. Depending on your setup, Your going to need an audio adapter when connecting the VGA cable to the Hanzo. But im sure you probably knew that. But yes the HD500 does have tons of features to play with. Some of them I don't mess with because im not even sure what they're used for. Im sure you will be extremely pleased with the scaler though. IMO its the best VGA to HDMI scaler you can buy!!

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I haven't played it, just watched the gameplay video. Seemed cool but for me what I liked most was that it reminded me of the 90's. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Sweet!! Let me know how you like it after you get everything hooked up and running.

That Atlona is flawless by the way. Even on default settings. Combo'ed with the Hanzo it's utterly amazing. No more color smearing and bad artifacts like I had on my previous SCART setup. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jonathan32

n00b
That Atlona is flawless by the way. Even on default settings. Combo'ed with the Hanzo it's utterly amazing. No more color smearing and bad artifacts like I had on my previous SCART setup. Thanks for the recommendation!

Awesome, glad you like it. Ive just been playing my DC lately and have been using it again. Unfortantly my 42inch plasma only supports up to 1080i and not 1080p. So most of the time I run my output at either 720p or 1080i. Its really hard to tell the difference though. I also like that with the hanzo you can force boot most games in VGA that don't support the VGA box.