Dreamcast Ghost Blade

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Pretty blatantly a a watered down Pachi clone. I hope there is something interesting and unknown about it, otherwise I’ll have to skip it.
New games (especially shmups) are fun, until you remember that you could be playing something way better.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
I read (via the Shmups forum) orders ship this coming Monday.

Looking forward to seeing some uploaded YT game play on this.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I could use another dc shmup, just waiting to see if it's any good

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Regular edition is sold out on the HuCast website. Restocking in October, for those who didn't preorder. LE still available.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...I'll have to skip it. New games (especially shmups) are fun, until you remember that you could be playing something way better.

Yeah, and plenty of way better out there in the past. What's the difference between a game you never played and one that got currently released anyway? Leaving the lower quality issue of the latter... nothing. So what's the fuzz? You can have a 'brand new' shmups oldsmobile once a month and your playlist will probably last for years to come.

Chempop

It’s not even so much about playing older games I’ve yet to try, I’d just prefer to stick to my favorites and work on improving high scores. I do enjoy a fresh new unboxing and having NO IDEA what to expect, so in that respect I do enjoy these new releases. I enjoyed NeoXYX on DC (despite its shortcomings) for the week or two until I cleared it, then it went on the shelf and I doubt I’ll ever play it again. I have been tempted by other recent releases too, Sturmwind for example.

I generally only play 3-4 different games in an entire year anyway, so I better make them good ones right? :vik:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's not even so much about playing older games I've yet to try, I'd just prefer to stick to my favorites and work on improving high scores.

It's cool, I know exactly whaaa... wait a second... are we talking bout playing games here, or are we talking elitist stances? ;)[SUP]3[/SUP].

TonK

Least Valuable Player
It’s not even so much about playing older games I’ve yet to try, I’d just prefer to stick to my favorites and work on improving high scores. I do enjoy a fresh new unboxing and having NO IDEA what to expect, so in that respect I do enjoy these new releases. I enjoyed NeoXYX on DC (despite its shortcomings) for the week or two until I cleared it, then it went on the shelf and I doubt I’ll ever play it again. I have been tempted by other recent releases too, Sturmwind for example.

I generally only play 3-4 different games in an entire year anyway, so I better make them good ones right? :vik:

#justfacts

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm kinda interested since DC is one of the few systems I collect for, but I'll wait and see some impressions first when people get their hands on them.

Chempop

There are a handful of guys so far all saying the same thing, looks good, sounds good, no gameplay, very easy. I watched some video and closed the tab while waiting for the guy to finish off the stage 2 boss. Wait for Ghost Blade 1.5 which will include a harder difficulty mode, or re-ghost blade which will include the caravan mode that was stripped from the game, or maybe re-ghost blade 2 which will include deluxe bonus collectors bundle featuring all previous releases.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
There are a handful of guys so far all saying the same thing, looks good, sounds good, no gameplay, very easy. I watched some video and closed the tab while waiting for the guy to finish off the stage 2 boss. Wait for Ghost Blade 1.5 which will include a harder difficulty mode, or re-ghost blade which will include the caravan mode that was stripped from the game, or maybe re-ghost blade 2 which will include deluxe bonus collectors bundle featuring all previous releases.

Bravo, I didn't even think about how this is probably what is going to happen.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'll be buying this as soon as I'm moved into my new place and have unboxed my DC. No point having it sat on a shelf if I can't play it.

I love a bullet hell shooter as much as everyone else, but I'm also happy to play through an easy shooter when I feel like a quick relaxing play.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
This game looks straight bad.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug

Straight money here.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Looks like someone posted a 'first impressions' vid...

It does look good, and sound good too, well, apart from that lame bomb that really doesn't impress at all. Way too easy, though. I'd have sworn he chose the novice mode for that run through. His second, maybe third time playing the game, and if he were fully concentrating he'd probably done it in a life or two. I don't see any reason to pick this one up. If they tweak it and actually add some bullet-hell to this bullet-hell shooter, it might be worth it.

Also, I don't think I'm still in the camp of support the people who are still supporting said system. I know I definitely was in the past, but now these things are just feeling like exploitation of a small group of fans. Games that are half-baked shouldn't be rewarded. There's something here, and Ghost Blade can be awesome, but it needs some major tweaks to its difficulty, and I'm sorry, but five stages these days isn't enough. It's literally like they stopped programming at the halfway mark.

Last edited:

Chempop

I'm sorry, but five stages these days isn't enough.

Has little to do with length imho. Nearly every cave shmup is 5 stages, adding more would not make the games any better.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It always looks easy, then you actually play it yourself and end up to sleaze your way through
continue abuse. Try playing for score, it triples the length of anything even loosely related to
danmaku and as Chemp already stated once, it's a crucial part of the core concept anyway.