Dreamcast Ghost Blade

DeusVult

Another Striker
watched the video before, looks okay to me and I will probably pick this up.

is it still classed as 2015 or is there a more accurate date?

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Yeah, I've only seen it listed as 'tba' 2015 now with no real significant updates

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It looks pretty good to me, I will probably get it when it's finally released.

I'm sure I remember reading about this almost a year ago, surely they must be nearly ready now.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
pretty sure i still have this on pre-order at play-asia... lol

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's probably best to wait for the customer reviews.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
It's probably best to wait for the customer reviews.

Yeah, it might be wise as Hucast has a spotty release history with their games as far as quality goes. Off the top of my head I can think of another game they made (Redux Dark Matters), that when it was release the resolution looked fuzzy on screen. The game said it supported VGA so I thought the picture quality would be nice, but it was still a bit blurry and I was furious. Here is a link that explains what happened with that game and its sad the developer took that route.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=83632#83632

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Every time I watch that video, I keep thinking it needs a bit more punch. Maybe some muzzle flash when enemies fire. Maybe some beefier explosions instead of puffs of smoke. Maybe a cool effect when bullets cancel out instead of just disappearing.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
new trailer, due out end of next month.

It looks so-so, obviously a pachi clone. The missiles your ship shoots kinda annoy me. Also the backgrounds I知 worried are going to be blurry. probably 1 ship type, single loop (and if that痴 the normal mode, looks pretty easy).

We値l see, I have high standards, maybe this値l surprise me. Keeping a somewhat open opinion.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
new trailer, due out end of next month.

It looks so-so, obviously a pachi clone. The missiles your ship shoots kinda annoy me. Also the backgrounds I知 worried are going to be blurry. probably 1 ship type, single loop (and if that痴 the normal mode, looks pretty easy).

We値l see, I have high standards, maybe this値l surprise me. Keeping a somewhat open opinion.

Thanks for the heads up! How do you keep up to date with DC stuff, is there an email distribution or something?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Just a little something I call.... The Internet.

After watching the trailer again, I’m not very enthused. The bomb effect is bologna, the pacing is too slow and dragging for a vert like this, their seems to be basically no score mechanics. I fear this might be worse than NeoXYX which is saying a lot.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Huh....? Looks really cool to me. But I'm easily pleased when it comes to shmups so I'm not an authority on the subject, I guess. :) I even love "Razion" to bits (and bytes :D) and that one gets pummeled a lot on here.

Anyway, I like what I'm seeing.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
What's the word on this? And a game called Redux? Ghost Blade comes out this month and Raphael Dyll did the soundtrack. Who's getting?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
What's the word on this? And a game called Redux? Ghost Blade comes out this month and Raphael Dyll did the soundtrack. Who's getting?

Based on the latest trailer, Ghost Blade is supposed to be released on Sept. 27th. I'm really hyped because I put in my pre-order almost a year ago. I was really worried that I spent money on vaporware.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
I swore off HuCast after the Redux fiasco, but a friend pre-ordered it, so I'll get to see if I made a mistake or not. Honestly, I've not been overly impressed with NG.Dev either, they're all right, but they're not the best. I preferred Sturmwind over anything other shooters they've put out.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I swore off HuCast after the Redux fiasco, but a friend pre-ordered it, so I'll get to see if I made a mistake or not. Honestly, I've not been overly impressed with NG.Dev either, they're all right, but they're not the best. I preferred Sturmwind over anything other shooters they've put out.

Sturmwind is fuggin A+. Love that game. Talk about taking a Dreamcast to Warp 9.96. I highly suggest playing on an overclocked console. It handles the game so much better.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
Sturmwind is fuggin A+. Love that game. Talk about taking a Dreamcast to Warp 9.96. I highly suggest playing on an overclocked console. It handles the game so much better.

I've never bothered to do so. Any other games which are greatly improved by overclocking?

What's the Redux fiasco all about

They used PC screenshots and claimed they were from the Dreamcast. The actual Dreamcast graphics were a blurry mess in comparison.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
They used PC screenshots and claimed they were from the Dreamcast. The actual Dreamcast graphics were a blurry mess in comparison.

Wait, wasn't it that when they did the final optimization there was an issue that made everything blurry and then they couldn't afford to fix it because they didn't want to lose money on the project? That's what I heard. The screenshots were from the prototypes, and the dreamcast could actually run the sprites that clear, but they did something wrong and didn't want to pay to fix it, so everyone's stuck with crappy blurry graphics because of their screw up.

The PC version wasn't released till a while later I thought.

Last edited:

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
Wait, wasn't it that when they did the final optimization there was an issue that made everything blurry and then they couldn't afford to fix it because they didn't want to lose money on the project? That's what I heard. The screenshots were from the prototypes, and the dreamcast could actually run the sprites that clear, but they did something wrong and didn't want to pay to fix it, so everyone's stuck with crappy blurry graphics because of their screw up.

The PC version wasn't released till a while later I thought.
Ah, maybe that was it. Same end result. I'm not sure what's worse.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
After viewing the video it makes me feel it's a Cave-type bullet storm game?