Hello world!

TobyPC

n00b
My name is Toby and I love Neo Geo games!

I'm really bad at introductions but I'm generally a laid back guy. I try to help others whenever I can.

I've been restoring a MVS-4-25 that I acquired recently. Still sourcing some parts but at least its functional now!

A little about me: I mostly have background in computer repairs but I'm familiar with surface mount soldering and component replacement.

I want to post pics of my MVS restore so others may get inspiration.

I'm kinda rambling. Thanks for looking and I hope to be a long time member that others can use to bounce ideas off :)

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Welcome!

Check out the tech forums, you'll acquire a wealth of knowledge and comment where you can.

TobyPC

n00b
attachment.php

This is what I have done so far.

Sadly the power supply failed so its out of commission until I get the new one from Happ. I was installing a new fan to the PSU (old one was dead) and shorted one of the fan wires on the case of the PSU.

I really hope all I fried was the PSU :-/

TobyPC

n00b
Thanks! That hole was a pain to patch. Even though it looks way better than before my OCD wants to go over it again. I even had an MVS red paint made from the original vinyl. The vinyl is damn hard to find. I have yet to.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I even had an MVS red paint made from the original vinyl. The vinyl is damn hard to find. I have yet to.
Hm, there was a guy around here (I think it might have been Billkwando?) that tried out several different colors and finally had a custom mix made of which he posted the code in a restoration thread... do a forum search and you might happen upon it :)

TobyPC

n00b
I actually did see that thread when I first got my Big Red cab.

I had a custom paint mixed up and it matches perfectly. When you put it on the existing vinyl you can't even tell there is paint on it. I can post the code when I get home. Its probably really similar to his.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah, post it up, it's always good to have more info on here.

Btw.: lol, what got you that custom rank?

TobyPC

n00b
Negative. ROT has been drinking and gave them to me.

Edit: Fak I am a noob....

Last edited:

TobyPC

n00b
Since this is my Intro thread I thought I would mention I LOVE pinball too!