How long will this amiibo craze last?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Maybe alternate art for the same character? Make people buy the same thing over and over and over!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have Mario, Fox and Link. Wal*Mart was cleaned out of most of them other than Kirby, and Best Buy had Samus. Target had all the common ones.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
I have the wii fit trainer, the villager, marth and fox. In UK it is still easier to find them.

P.s. All found and bought in stores

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got a Diddy Kong yesterday since I liked the way it looked but damn GS changed my pre-order from Shulk to Toon Link which is cool with me since I like his character in the game. No true desire to get them all, pretty much just the ones that I like how they look. Might be dumb but I like how Kirby looks and plan on getting him at some point. My wish ones would be Pac-Man, Mr Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt

i'd be bitching at gamestop since preorders on feebay aregoing for 30-50, some employee probably switched your preorder.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Man hate-buys Rosalina & Luma amiibo in bulk so fans can't have them.

As with any collector craze, amiibo are being hit hard by the resell market -- a group of people that buy as many as possible only to flip them for a substantial profit. Most see it purely as business, but one man's driven by a personal vendetta with regard to one of the figurines.

In an interview with Nintendo Nuggets, a collector of vintage Nintendo items who goes by both "Daily Dose" and "Mariotehplumber" revealed that he's pre-ordered more than a hundred Rosalina & Luma amiibo -- all because he really, really dislikes the character. "I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting," he said.

Daily Dose continued "I hate her fans, too. I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular, which is why I took the time to wait and pre-order over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy... It just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this shit for character designs."

While it seems excessive, it's just a fraction of the amount of money Daily Dose claims to have committed to amiibo. He says that he has already spent more than $4,000, and that he has an additional $35,000 to invest on the figurines. Of those funds, he states that he intends to spend heavily on Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus -- all out of a similar hatred and disdain that he has for Rosalina.

Some might find it unbelievable that one man could acquire this many rare amiibo, but Daily Dose says that he orders them using addresses of friends and family. There isn't any substantial evidence that he owns all of these apart from several pictures of piles of amiibo graced by a middle finger (something that, honestly, sounds likely from a man of this mindset). So, if you're looking for a Rosalina amiibo with no luck, just remember that someone who can't stand her is part of the reason why.

:lol:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I read most of that article. It was terribly formatted. The truth is, he has 0 influence on market value with $35k in his pocket. There are millions of $$$ worth of Rosalina's made. Does he know how many fucking Targets there are out there?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I read most of that article. It was terribly formatted. The truth is, he has 0 influence on market value with $35k in his pocket. There are millions of $$$ worth of Rosalina's made. Does he know how many fucking Targets there are out there?

Why I find the article hilarious.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Thinking of picking up Donkey Kong this weekend to go with Diddy so it isn't the odd man out for now. Still want to get a Kirby since I like the simplicity to how it looks and I'd grab Luigi in a second but damn the pose he is in is just so dumb looking.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
not to add fuel to the fire, but it looks like all Wave 3 online preorders have closed at Gamestop...still might be able to at stores?

The only one I didn't order from Wave 3 that I was thinking about getting was Sheik. Hard to tell if she will be one of the hard ones to get or not, but even if I can't find her I won't be too upset since I don't really care for her pose, but I like her as a character.

Last edited:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Well ive got all of them preordered and even got extras of the ones that are projected to be uncommon (Rosalina, Lucario, MetaKnight, Shulk, Mega Man, Sonic, and Ike) only to try and use them as trade to get the rares from wave 1. The amiibo community im in isn't as nice as everyone here. So I have to play their game.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
There's an amiibo 'community'? What do they talk about...strategies on how to maximize shelf space?

I haven't joined one yet, but I assume its mostly for trading and/or showcasing custom figures (alternate paint etc).

neo_mao

15 Year Member
That is fucking dumb.

Yeah I am not into the custom paint jobs.

And trading amiibo in a newly conceived online forum with strangers poses a whole bunch of potential issues - I certainly would not send a rare figure to a stranger in one.

BUt this is all speculation, I just assume that is what is going on there.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Yeah that's pretty much what it is. I was added by a friend on facebook. Its mainly people showcasing custom paint jobs, which is a bit annoying especially when its of the rares. Then theres the people who are there to showcase their collection of rares, but then never accepting fair offers on any of them. Like theres one guy up there now who has 4 US Marth and 4 US Villager amiibo that he keeps showing but doesn't want to sell. He only wants the rares from wave 3, which is looking like my best bet to get the "Holy Trinity". And then theres the people who are simply there to complain about the scalpers.

I personally refuse to pay more than retail for any of these things. Im going to try and trust this honor system in the amiibo group, testing the waters on a Captain Falcon for Little Mac trade.

I would much rather deal here but not many members are into amiibo and/or we are all looking for the same things.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Yeah that's pretty much what it is. I was added by a friend on facebook. Its mainly people showcasing custom paint jobs, which is a bit annoying especially when its of the rares. Then theres the people who are there to showcase their collection of rares, but then never accepting fair offers on any of them. Like theres one guy up there now who has 4 US Marth and 4 US Villager amiibo that he keeps showing but doesn't want to sell. He only wants the rares from wave 3, which is looking like my best bet to get the "Holy Trinity". And then theres the people who are simply there to complain about the scalpers.

I personally refuse to pay more than retail for any of these things. Im going to try and trust this honor system in the amiibo group, testing the waters on a Captain Falcon for Little Mac trade.

I would much rather deal here but not many members are into amiibo and/or we are all looking for the same things.

Best of luck. If you wish to trade for my Little Mac, let me know. Really looking for Pit/Rosalina.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Someone gotta start making amiibo price guide, differentiated by region. XD