How long will this amiibo craze last?

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I just picked up a Diddy Kong at a local Gamestop, the worker said they just got word that they won't be getting in anymore Marth, Villager, Trainer, Pit, and Falcon.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm just missing Marth and Villager so far. I preordered the rest minus Rosalina and Lucario, dropped the ball on those.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I was able to pre-order a handful of Rosalinas from JP, 2 of which are for my kids. If there are peeps here that don't care about the Japanese packaging and the small text differences on the base of it (no visual, regional and/or functional differences) I'd be glad to put the extra FS here for exactly the cost I got them for.... which will be around $15 + shipping to u.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I think I may have a problem. I bought a few amiibos despite not owning a Wii U just as cool Nintendo figures to put out. I haven't opened them yet because they actually look good in the package. Is this the first step in collector-autism?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I think I may have a problem. I bought a few amiibos despite not owning a Wii U just as cool Nintendo figures to put out. I haven't opened them yet because they actually look good in the package. Is this the first step in collector-autism?

Yes, you've been infected.

It's funny you say that, because I was thinking the same thing. I've opened all my amiibos so far, but I can't help but wish I had duplicates because the packaging is really nice. Damned if I will track down/buy for 2 of these though...its been tough enough finding 1.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
i have mega man on preorder. i love his pose, thats one im gonna contemplate keeping sealed.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I havent opened mine. I honestly just want them to collect.

That's the bummer if you want to use them though. They have a foil layer in the package beneath the base that renders the amiibo unplayable unless it's out of the package. If they are just to look at, you're good. ;)

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
That's the bummer if you want to use them though. They have a foil layer in the package beneath the base that renders the amiibo unplayable unless it's out of the package. If they are just to look at, you're good. ;)

Those dirty clever sneaky devious mofos....

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
And with each post, the craze last longer...

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I already have Mac and Link, Toon Link and Mega Man are the last two I'm buying.

It's a shame Snake didn't make into this game, I'd love a Snake amiibo.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Birdo amiibo. i'd buy it just to have that dumb fuck on my shelf.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
So far all of mine are still in the packaging. If the day comes where they make a Nintendoland 2 and its like Skylanders/Disney Infinity, I will open them.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I collect these stupid things, but I have never paid more than retail for them. I don't have Marth or The Villager, but I do have a few rares in addition to the commons. Namely Wii Fit Trainer and Captain Falcon. I have everything that is coming out pre-ordered. What I couldn't preorder I'm planning on snagging first thing in the morning, day one.

If defects keep popping out, I suspect the hype surrounding them will fade. Figures with low production will stay expensive if we don't get more production, though. Nintendo stuff stays in demand. I fully acknowledge that I may never get a Marth, Villager, or Little Mac because I refuse to pay even a penny over retail. I can live with this.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I didnt give these a second thought, and now the craze is having me second guess myself. Some of them are pretty cool looking. I think I have sold every single collectible figure I have bought... honestly, if these were cards, I might collect them. Much easier to store if they ever have true functionality.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I didnt give these a second thought, and now the craze is having me second guess myself. Some of them are pretty cool looking. I think I have sold every single collectible figure I have bought... honestly, if these were cards, I might collect them. Much easier to store if they ever have true functionality.

I anticipated the craziness, so I decided to preorder the few I wanted, that way if I decide I don't like them, I only paid retail and would likely recoup the buy price if I sold or traded them later.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
So far all of mine are still in the packaging. If the day comes where they make a Nintendoland 2 and its like Skylanders/Disney Infinity, I will open them.

The sad thing is if they ever make such a game, some of the figures will be out of print. Hopefully they are rereleased in alternative colors. Think of the kids!

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I anticipated the craziness, so I decided to preorder the few I wanted, that way if I decide I don't like them, I only paid retail and would likely recoup the buy price if I sold or traded them later.

Smart move.

I just started getting into it and I am sad so many of em are rare already.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I picked up a couple more commons today. Kirby, Samus, Link, and Zelda. I really dont intend to pay those crazy eBay prices but I would gladly pay you guys here a finders fee for those that arent exactly super rare but arent in my area. Im really looking for Fox, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. I went ahead and preordered a couple of the next wave today as well, and I will also be scooping the ones I didnt preorder on day one. Now the difficulty in that is with there being 4 different exclusives, how do you all intend to guarantee getting all of them? Why dont we all work out some sort of group buy type situation where we get the ones we want without having to look towards eBay?

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I'd be all for that, but I live in Canada. Most of you guys are in the States, so I'd get royally screwed on shipping. Hell, shipping these things out of the province is a pain. They're just the right size to cost a fortune. I sold an extra Diddy to someone in Quebec recently. It cost just over $10 after tax to send it. Insane.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I like the functionality and look of Disney Infinity's figures, but I've been trying to collect all of the Amiibo figures (which are mostly useless in comparison). Had to order imports of Captain Falcon and Pit from overseas as I can't find them anywhere in the States, though. This whole rush on them, though... it's just absurd. First people were snatching up defective figures and then it was all of the rares. It's a bubble that needs to burst if Amiibo is going to last at retail at all, because people are going to get tired of only seeing the same couple of peg warmers.

Last edited:

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Man...people are going crazy over these. I was looking at the next wave of figures and I had no idea that all the preorders were sold out..what the hell? I never would have thought these would end up being that popular.