How long will this amiibo craze last?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Well so much for that. Kids came home with 3 Amiibos last night and they are hooked. I must admit that this things are pretty damned detailed and I hope more games will support these things.

Already have a pal snapping up some unreleased ones in Japan for me/us. Sigh... :(

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Going to Nintendo World NYC today, wish me luck. I doubt they'll have much. I was reading some other Facebook posts and I heard they where cleaned out of Pit and Little Mac. I would rather have Dark Pit because I like the way he plays better then normal Pit.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Going to Nintendo World NYC today, wish me luck. I doubt they'll have much. I was reading some other Facebook posts and I heard they where cleaned out of Pit and Little Mac. I would rather have Dark Pit because I like the way he plays better then normal Pit.

I was just there yesterday and they were out of both. Man was that place packed. It was busier than I have ever seen it.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
The craze for these things is amazing. I thought it was a stupid idea when they announced them at E3 or whatever convention it was. The idea of buying a figure to download an AI to play against seemed stupid to me, but it seems they've attracted the collector crowd more than people using them for their purpose haha. I must say, they are nicely made though, I thought they'd be cheap made in China plastic figures.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What Amiibos are hard to get?

Target by me had plenty of Link, Peach, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.

These look cool but no way I'd collect them all. Too expensive and apparently of not enough value.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I got Mario and Fox, and also picked up Link because I figure I'd use him in multiple games. I also like how well made the figures are.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
What Amiibos are hard to get?

Target by me had plenty of Link, Peach, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.

These look cool but no way I'd collect them all. Too expensive and apparently of not enough value.

Right now, the hard to find ones are the less popular characters such as:
Marth
The Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Pit
Little Mac
Captain Falcon

To answer NeoSneth's previous question...I've opened up all of my amiibos so far as they are all common (with the exception of Marth). I should have Pit and Little Mac arriving in the mail over the next few days, and though I will open them up...I kinda wish I had extras to keep sealed :emb:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Had a few Gamestop gift-cards from Christmas, so after picking up Captain Toad I gave in and picked up a few amiibos. Just Mario, Link, and Samus for now. Though I have a feeling I'll probably be picking some more of these up soon. :p

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
My god, Nintendo World was busier then the Smash Brother's pre-launch and the original Wii's launch. They had six Links, 9 Samus's and about two Zelda's. FAO Swarz had all of the "common" first wave figures, none of the mythic three. (Villager,Wii-Fit,Marth) I got inside saw an AWESOME Super Nintendo logo shirt and asked a worker if they had any in plus sizes for my chunky butt and he told me that what was out on the shelf is all they had, so I stuck out there. I spent my extra x-mas money on Alpha Sapphire and when I went upstairs they had the special Pokemon plush toys out for Christmas. I got a stuffed snowman Pikachu that's SUPER Japanese because he's got a bucket on his head. Then they had a pile of Pikachu's dressed as Santa. I grabbed two, for both my niece and nephew and by the time I waited on the line and checked out they where all gone. It was that crazy.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I can see the craze lasting another couple years.

Until the Wii U2 is brought to market.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So predictions on which characters will be in wave 4? There is a Japanese amiibo carrying case that shows silhouettes of Pikmin/Olimar and Tom Nook...both of which would be pretty awesome.

I'd also like Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus.

Plus, the cool thing about Tom Nook is that it suggests that the next wave might not be in the "Smash Bros" series...which would really open up the flood gates. Would be cool to get a Toad amiibo for Treasure Tracker, or more non-Smash Zelda characters like Impa.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I can see the craze lasting another couple years.

Until the Wii U2 is brought to market.

The next Nintendo console will be made of collectible amiibos that the user has to assemble like Voltron.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
LOL @ sleep sensor. So every time the player falls asleep It's going to do something to wake the player up?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
So predictions on which characters will be in wave 4? There is a Japanese amiibo carrying case that shows silhouettes of Pikmin/Olimar and Tom Nook...both of which would be pretty awesome.

I'd also like Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus.

Plus, the cool thing about Tom Nook is that it suggests that the next wave might not be in the "Smash Bros" series...which would really open up the flood gates. Would be cool to get a Toad amiibo for Treasure Tracker, or more non-Smash Zelda characters like Impa.

I want game and watch, ZSS, ROB.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I'd second Game and Watch, I always have fun flipping bacon at people haha. Wario and Ganondorf too

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
What are the rare ones? Stores are stuffed with the things here.

EDIT: I see the list posted above, I know I saw both a Wii Fit Trainer and Captain Falcon today at the store. I believe I saw Little Mac as well.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The lazy resellers probably taking the new year eve holiday off, dont expect that to be there next time you go to the store.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
What are the rare ones? Stores are stuffed with the things here.

EDIT: I see the list posted above, I know I saw both a Wii Fit Trainer and Captain Falcon today at the store. I believe I saw Little Mac as well.

I wouldn't call any of them rare in the traditional sense as I see a bajillion on feebay, but C falcon, Mac, Villager, WFT, Marth, and Pit are the one selling out. These are US ones. For some odd reason, Europe and japan got a shit ton of the ones that are "rare" here.

Luckily I got two captain falcons and two little macs from gamestop online (one for my cousin, and one for me)

To be honest, I think they will reprint the us ones. I really can't believe everyone fell hook line and sinker for the rumors wft, villager, and marth were discontinued. Now people are saying fox and samus are rare and discontinued rofl. All this here hearsay plus christmas was not good for amiibos.

To make matters worse, Nintendo can't even keep a release date as ones that were supposed to released on the 30th got released early. I fully expect the bestbuy,target,gamestop meta knight,rosalina, and shulk to be a clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Crazy how my in area only Wal-mart is selling amiibos. Sucks that I passed on Wii-Fit Trainer back on launch day thinking it would be easy to get. Now all that's left is a gorrillion peaches.