How long will this amiibo craze last?

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I really want to get the wool Yoshi amiibo for when Wooly World comes out but I cannot find the things to even pre-order yet. All I am locating are the Japanese ones even on Amazon.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Internet pre-orders have been extremely rare occurrences as of late. Some stores aren't doing them at all, and others have them going up much closer to the actual release dates. Last wave, Amazon did an amiibo pre-order day where they told the times they would go up a day before.

Last edited:

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
All I know is I really want that Shovel Knight amiibo and I am ready for that DLC which we have been waiting a long time for.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
SHOVEL KNIGHT!!! I love that game, so getting an Amiibo of him is fantastic :D

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Are you guys still going for the full set?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Are you guys still going for the full set?

Yeah, I'm so close to the end now that I have to get the final handful. I'm importing the Mii Fighters and I have the retro 3-pack reserved. So all I'm waiting for at this point are Mewtwo (Nov 13) and Falco (Nov 20).
After that, it's just a matter of Nintendo announcing Amiibo for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu.

I really want to get the Animal Crossing Amiibo figures. Hoping those get release dates soon.

[I collect the Disney Infinity figures and will be getting Lego Dimensions... so help me.]

Last edited:

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Yeah, I'm so close to the end now that I have to get the final handful. I'm importing the Mii Fighters and I have the retro 3-pack reserved. So all I'm waiting for at this point are Mewtwo (Nov 13) and Falco (Nov 20).
After that, it's just a matter of Nintendo announcing Amiibo for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu.

I really want to get the Animal Crossing Amiibo figures. Hoping those get release dates soon.

[I collect the Disney Infinity figures and will be getting Lego Dimensions... so help me.]

Good lord, I feel sorry for your wallet. That is a lot of NFC figures to own.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Just when I think I'm out...

the game pulls me back in.

Sorry. But fuck me, I go into Best Buy today to buy Mario Maker, and the (actually quite helpful and not annoying) employee goes oh, hey, if you came in for Amiibos (since I'm in the Nintendo aisle, I assume), I have stock on Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and 8-Bit Mario, there's only one of each here since we only allow customers one of each.

So I go oh shit... 8-Bit Mario and Zero Suit Samus are way too cool to pass up. And if I'm gonna buy those, why the hell not buy the other two.

Then when I tried Googling Wave 5, the little popup ad was for Jigglypuff at Target. In stock.

Yeah, back off the wagon.