K1ngArth3r's Neo-Geo Collection 2014

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Very nice collection! Very hard to collect euro and us games.
Maybe i'm wrong but the top of the inserts from Ninja Commando and Agressors seem be cut off...

Thanks!

Yes, but not by me :(

I didn't know when I was buying these two that they were both trimmed at the top of the insert, hopefully I can upgrade these two at a later date.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I like the DogTagGang and besides: the quality of the pictures is awesome

Thanks, would like to own all 21 Dog-Tags one day, but happy to own at least the 5 Exclusive releases (In English format).

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I prefer Japanese AES games myself, but that's because I'm a cheap SOB.
An exception is when Jap games use cardboard boxes. Cardboard sucks and I always avoid it if there is an official alternative.

As such, I'm super jelly over your Alpha Mission II. Very nice collection overall. I hope you play your AES now and then.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I prefer Japanese AES games myself, but that's because I'm a cheap SOB.
An exception is when Jap games use cardboard boxes. Cardboard sucks and I always avoid it if there is an official alternative.

I kind of wished I started with the Japanese releases, but just don't like the spines... I suppose the Japanese releases has it's fair share of expense titles though!

As such, I'm super jelly over your Alpha Mission II. Very nice collection overall. I hope you play your AES now and then.

I have a US AES connected up 24/7 to a Sony PVM, currently playing Savage Reign, Love the system!

For MVS i'm using an Electrocoin 6 Slot Dedicated (I guess the UK's version of the big red)... currently trying to master Blazing Star!

The only system I don't play as much as I should is the Pocket Colour, I've got Sonic on the way so hopefully will get some use!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've said it before on the RetroCollect forum (Username MrRange) but great collection, K1ngArth3r. I'm really jealous of some of those AES games, I wish I could own some of those titles.

I personally go for the Japanese releases, but the spines of the English releases do look nice lined up. Plus at least we won't be competing with each other for games on sale in the UK :)

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Thanks matey, the spines do look great!

It would be great to get all the KOF or MS games this year!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I oddly enjoyed the music to that walkaround. Added some gravitas.

Did I see some Amiga games in there on the right hand side?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Thanks, yes you did!

There are about 50 or 60 big box games there believe it or not...

I'm hopefully moving house this year and the new games room should be big enough to show everything :)

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Great collection mate¡¡¡ i love to see Euro/US spines and collections, they look pretty nice.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks matey, the spines do look great!

It would be great to get all the KOF or MS games this year!

Good stuff pal!

You will be lucky to get those games although pretty much every slug game apart from 1 has been up on eBay recently in US/Euro format.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Thanks for sharing the collection. Impressive us/euro stuff. I like so many others went mvs when i got big red. I keep my 12 aes game close and love the art and megs for the US boxes! Big cash though and i applaud your patience in getting a game or two a year good luck with your future finds!

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Good stuff pal!

You will be lucky to get those games although pretty much every slug game apart from 1 has been up on eBay recently in US/Euro format.

Thanks

I've seen all of them for sale in the last year, it's all about having the cash at the time they are listed I suppose. It's a long wait for each one to pop up but at least that gives you time to enjoy the purchase and play the game without rushing out to buy the next.

I'm currently trying to master KOF94, once that's done I'll get KOF95 next and do the same for that.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the collection. Impressive us/euro stuff. I like so many others went mvs when i got big red. I keep my 12 aes game close and love the art and megs for the US boxes! Big cash though and i applaud your patience in getting a game or two a year good luck with your future finds!

Thanks and no problem, I collected the home system before and sold them all back in 2008. After that I went for loose MVS carts when I got a dedicated NEO-GEO cabinet... The games I've amassed for the home system started properly in January 2013 so just over 2 years worth of re-collecting here.

Currently I have 64 Euro/US releases, so only around 30 games until I have all the English releases (If I wanted them that is).

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Very nice gameroom, I love the M82 unit! I have one also, I need to clear my room to stall everything out.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Very nice gameroom, I love the M82 unit! I have one also, I need to clear my room to stall everything out.

Thanks, I love the M82 also, it's annoying when it resets your game after 128 minutes though so many just have it for the memories and to look nice now :)

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Indeed the memories! Well most of the games are beaten within 128 minutes except for RPG games. I will try to get some pics up soon.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I missed this thread, that's indeed a sexy collection. Got some real gems in there sir.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Indeed the memories! Well most of the games are beaten within 128 minutes except for RPG games. I will try to get some pics up soon.

I was trying to beat Shadow Warriors and got near the end after pausing for drinks / food etc and the bloody thing reset :)

housethemous

New Challenger
This is just awesome.

I remember talking to you a year or two back about ENG AES games. You even pointed me in the right direction to get the case protectors! I think I'm right at about 47/93?!

Keep it up!