Suspicious two "jack holes" under label?

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Seen this on feebay:

nEkb4zk.jpg

Do you think those two holes on the left, under the Puzzle Bobble sticker, are from another MVS cart?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
It's part of the molding left over from the system-link game carts. It is not abnormal, so it can't be taken as a sign of a bootleg.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
yes and no?

manufactured for yes, but used as no.

breakdown:they weres build fer ridin hero or somesuch but then used for that un.

or just Yes and is das Boot!-the label looks good and old though?

I'm excited to see what others say...I think without seeing the boards it can't be conformed?

edit: so what, I didn't refresh a tab:crying:

again:I'll just add this here now because google knows whats right even if I had to drop the s to get two of 'em to show up.
me-n-muddy.jpg

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
If this is at all similar to the suspicious two "jack holes" that used to hang around outside my apartment building in college, it certainly isn't good. I would avoid the cart, especially after dusk.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have quite a few non-link up carts that look like that. All are legit. But it's Puzzle Bobble so YYMV.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I think both my Bust-A-Move and Ninja Commando have those filled link port holes. Strange how there aren't any AES equivalents of these shells being used for other games.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Mannnn....I was really hoping this was a thread exposing two boot peddlers by calling them Two Suspicious JACKHOLES.

Suspicious two "jack holes"... Go to last post

chrd

n00b
I've never seen any of these connection ports than on the carts they belong on (League Bowling, Riding Hero, Trash Rally ... that's it).

It could be a shell swap off course.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I would guess that someone swapped the shells. W/O board pics one cannot speculate really as to whether or not it's a boot.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Oh my I've just noticed my poor choice of words checking urbandictionary lol.

Thanks for your help, I've jumped in the bid, let's see what I get from it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I was lured to this thread by mention of "suspicious jack holes" and I am sorely disappointed.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I would guess that someone swapped the shells. W/O board pics one cannot speculate really as to whether or not it's a boot.

It's not a shell swap. Plenty of these were used to house non-link up games.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Jack holes, glory holes, i service them all.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
What you see aren't actually holes, just small indentations. I've never seen an actually link up shell with holes used on anything but the three link games.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I though the same thing at first, but then I looked closer and saw the same round line under the label.

But then again, they could be bubbles from when it was sticked.

Luckily we'll see in a few days.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
I have recently bought a copy of Puzzle Bobble with those same jack holes underneath the label. Checked the boards though and they were 100% legit.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
If this is at all similar to the suspicious two "jack holes" that used to hang around outside my apartment building in college, it certainly isn't good. I would avoid the cart, especially after dusk.

okay i just spit water all over my new iMac keyboard...... hilariously unexpected. :lolz: