castlevania

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nice! Glad to see that Rondo :)

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Great collection man. I'm a big Castlevania fan myself.
Which one's your favorite Castlevania?

BTW: I'm SO jealous of that CIB Belmont's Revenge copy. That's my favorite handheld Castlevania by far.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Dracula X Rondo of Blood is one fantastic game indeed.

I would say that my personal favorite is Castlevania III, but the Japanese version: Akumajo Densetsu. It has an additional soundchip embedded onto the cartridge, allowing some kick-ass basslines in the soundtrack, which the PAL or US version doesn't have.
I'm telling you, if you're a die-hard Castlevania fan, I recommend picking up a Famicom just to play a copy of that game alone.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Nice. Where did you get the display case? I've been looking for something that locks like that.

madsin13

Overtop Pathfinder
i bought it years ago on amazon , wanted to buy 2 more for my zeldas but its sold out and looked all the net didn t find it anymore

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Are you the original owner of any of the older games? I cherish Castlevania II and III for this reason. Especially Castlevania III, it was a gift for my 13th birthday in 1990.

madsin13

Overtop Pathfinder
orig owner : nes 1+2 , snes 1 and the gameboy also , vampiress kiss i bought long ago from a videogame-rent store

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I really love your collection , it seem to be all the euro versions of the games . I have a North American version of your collection and it fun to see the differences. Here is a link to my collection if you are curious : Castlevania collection . I wish you good fortune on finding those that are missing ... i am still on the hunt for the X68000 Akumajou Dracula myself.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I would say that my personal favorite is Castlevania III, but the Japanese version: Akumajo Densetsu. It has an additional soundchip embedded onto the cartridge, allowing some kick-ass basslines in the soundtrack, which the PAL or US version doesn't have.
I'm telling you, if you're a die-hard Castlevania fan, I recommend picking up a Famicom just to play a copy of that game alone.

You speak the truth.

My favourite is New Generation. The music is sweet, plus spear > whip.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Oh man The New Generation / Bloodlines is awesome! Has to be in my personal top 3 Castlevania games. That mirror room in one of the last stages is awesome. Or that tower-stage!
Man, now I'll have to go and play it again.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Really nice collections! :) My favorite Castlevania games are the first one, Aria of Sorrow for GBA and Legends for GB :) I also have most of the games released for Castlevania, missing the MSX version, and if there are any other odd systems it might have come out for.. Otherwise I am trying to find both European and North American versions of all of them now since most of my Castlevania games are Japanese (I have mainly been collecting japanese games these last 5 years, I started off with PAL though).
My collection can be found here on my blog, every game on there are scans of my copies, I haven't updated it for a couple of years though. I now have a boxed version of Simon's Quest as well and a couple of more newer Castlevania games.
Castlevania is my favorite game series ^__^

warbucks

n00b
Awesome Castlevania collection! I just picked up Castlevania IV for Super Nintendo. :)

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Very nice!

I'm a big fan of Castlevania myself.
I own most of the games. Only missing Chronicles, Rondo, a couple of the original GB titles, Bloodlines, the newest crap one (Lord of Shadow 2), and Legacy of Darkness.

I don't have boxes for the cart ones, except the GBA Double Pack. Not a fan of storing them.

Seems like these days you have to buy boxed GBA games just to avoid Chinese forgeries.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome! One of my favorite series for sure. I'm missing the same stuff you're missing, I don't think I'll ever bother though, I'm happy with having the mainstream series and of course Rondo my favorite Castlevania.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Imagine if Ritcher on Rondo moved like Ritcher from SoTN...OMFG!

There's a magic like no other playing Rondo. This is going to sound super crazy but I can't help but feel that Rondo has the best stage layout ever. I could play games with branching paths like this all day. They make an action platformer grab some depth, a concept with a tremendous amount of potential. A shame it wasn't implemented in future releases. Rondo is like the lunar eclipse of action platformers, once the eclipse was over it was the end of an era.

Last edited:

miyad

n00b
Nice collection. I'm a big fan of Castlevania myself and it's one of my collection plan is to get my hands on every Castlevania game and music track CDs.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
There's a magic like no other playing Rondo. This is going to sound super crazy

Get a room you two!
But yeah, Rondo is the best classic Castlevania.
Dracula X Chronicles on PSP is still my favorite Castlevania just because it has Rondo and the most complete version of SoTN in english.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
��������������������������