Dragon Quest: Theatrhythm

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Take my money please.

With the huge success of the Final Fantasy Music games I'd hoped this was coming and SE is delivering. Also, I'm calling it now that an allstars version will come as well with music from Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, ect as well.

Keep making these games SE.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Koichi Sugiyama is god

hope this makes it here id buy this but I think 3ds is region locked :(

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I saw this yesterday and got very excited. I sincerely hope they bring it to the US since DQ has a smaller footprint here than in JP.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I'm definitely a bigger Final Fantasy fan then I was Dragon Warrior, I don't know if I'll know the music as well. I'll probably still buy this though, I've gotten so much play out of the first two already.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I'd buy this one over the FF Theatrhythm any day. Though since it seems like SquareEnix doesn't care to localize Dragon Quest games for us English speakers anymore. I have low expectations that this will be released anywhere but Japan. Looks like I better invest in that Japanese 3DS I've been on the fence about.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
How well are/did the DS/3DS ports of Dragon Quests selling? I played and own 1 2 and 3 for NES, thats really it. I always wanted to buy 4 but the price is just too much.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
How well are/did the DS/3DS ports of Dragon Quests selling? I played and own 1 2 and 3 for NES, thats really it. I always wanted to buy 4 but the price is just too much.
I own all 3, but I don't see them often, especially DQV.

I wonder if they will include songs from the monsters spinoff games as well. I think that would be spectacular

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I would really love for this to come out in the US/Europe but seeing as the last few games carrying the Dragon Quest name haven't, I'm not building myself up for a release.

I'm not sure the DS remakes sold well, IX did reasonably well over here though. I'd kill for the remakes of Monsters 1 & 2 and 7 on 3DS to be released in English, though.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Dragon Quest IV, V, & VI are all great games. Hard to really sell on someone new to the series but I think SE did an amazing job of these classic RPGs.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Dragon Quest IV, V, & VI are all great games. Hard to really sell on someone new to the series but I think SE did an amazing job of these classic RPGs.

VI was one of the best RPGs I played on the DS.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
If this doesn't make it to the states, I will buy a Japanese 3ds. Dead serious about that.

But I think it will come here. It was nice that Best Buy, Amazon, Toys R Us and Gamestop all had Curtain call for $20 during Black Friday...hopefully a lot of people bought it and it gets the exposure it deserves.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
If this doesn't make it to the states, I will buy a Japanese 3ds. Dead serious about that.

But I think it will come here. It was nice that Best Buy, Amazon, Toys R Us and Gamestop all had Curtain call for $20 during Black Friday...hopefully a lot of people bought it and it gets the exposure it deserves.

I was wondering where you were. I figured you would have been the 1st to reply to this thread. lol

P.S. I hope this piece makes the cut...

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
yea its not looking good for the DQ VII 3ds remake coming to the states is it even possible to make the 3ds region free yet?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
yea its not looking good for the DQ VII 3ds remake coming to the states is it even possible to make the 3ds region free yet?

Sadly no, I'm so happy I bought a copy of Dragon Warrior VII years ago.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Haha, normally I would have been the first to reply, but I've been caught up with car troubles and amiibo troubles :)

Admittedly, I am not as invested in the Dragon Quest series as I am Final Fantasy, but I am going to gobble this up nonetheless.
And if there is a Collectors edition, I have to pre-order it day one...I eventually got the Curtain Call one, but after much headache!

I was wondering where you were. I figured you would have been the 1st to reply to this thread. lol

P.S. I hope this piece makes the cut...

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I actually got Curtain Call CE off the S-E shop for 35.99 when they went on discount lol. probably gonna crack it open once I beat the copy of the original titrhythm from mjmjr..

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Also, I'm calling it now that an allstars version will come as well with music from Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, ect as well.

Quoting myself because I am that good. SE just added new songs.

New Songs Ninja-added out of nowhere today.

Final Fantasy XIV

Ultima
Hard to Miss

Final Fantasy TYPE-0

Zero

Romancing Saga 2

Title Screen

Romancing Sgag -Minstrel Song-

Ardent Rhythm

Saga Frontier

Battle #4

Secret of Mana

Meridian Dance

More SoM PRZ!!!!

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger

More of this also PRZ!!

Bravely Default

Horizon of Light and Shadow
Evil Wings
The Serpent that Devours the Horizon
-------------------------------------

Sadly no new characters as I would love to have a Lucca and Chrono but this is a good start. I really thought they were done adding new songs so this was a major surprise to me.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Awesome...but wait, just to clarify. These songs are part of an a 2nd new Theatrhythm "AllStars" game (other than Dragon Quest)?
Or are these songs offered in as a bonus/dlc in one of the DQ game?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Awesome...but wait, just to clarify. These songs are part of an a 2nd new Theatrhythm "AllStars" game (other than Dragon Quest)?
Or are these songs offered in as a bonus/dlc in one of the DQ game?

They added em to the Final Fantasy one you just got.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ah gotcha, that makes sense :)

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug

Take my money please.

With the huge success of the Final Fantasy Music games I'd hoped this was coming and SE is delivering. Also, I'm calling it now that an allstars version will come as well with music from Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, ect as well.

Keep making these games SE.

Two words: Fuck yeah!
Seriously though, Dragon Quest has got to be one of my all time favorite rpg series. Searching for gold golems in the first DQ was probably one of my fondest childhood memories (next to finding and beating war machine in Final Fantasy). This (and Dragon Quest heroes) had better make it to the states!!!

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I hope they do something similar to curtain call and include a soundtrack CD. The one included with the "collector's edition" was nice, but only 6 remixed tracks felt weak. Maybe some more tracks but the original versions would be great.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
As a big Dragon Quest fan I'd pick this up. Never got into any of the FF ones. + at higher levels, they are pretty hard.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
More songs added again to the FF music game. Wth SE with all these ninja-updates.

Final Fantasy VII

Opening - Bombing Mission. : This songs plays in the opening scene of FFVII when Cloud infiltrates the Mako power plant and it gets you ready for the thrilling tale to come.

Final Fantasy XIV

Primal Judgment : The battle theme that plays when taking on Ifrit in FINAL FANTSY XIV. The soprano chorus rages like flames as the heat of the battle turns up!

Xenogears

Soaring : A sublime theme that plays when Maria is forced to confront the cruelties of fate in Xenogears and attack Achtzehn together with Seibzehn.

SaGa Frontier

Last Battle -T260G- : This techno-pop battle song is a fitting theme when battling the mechanical final boss in SaGa Frontier's T260G chapter.

Final Fantasy Adventure

In Seach of the Sword of Mana : This field song plays in the later half of Final Fantasy Adventure. The grand melody will give you the strength need to face any trouble.

Seiken Densetsu 3

Sacrifice Part Three : This battle song plays in the latter part of your battle against the final boss in Seiken Densetsu 3, peaking with a solemn melody.

Nice to see Xenogears on the plate. I hope they keep adding more good stuff like this.

NeoEsteria

n00b
Love the Dragon Quest and Theatrhythm games. This will be one I definitely pick up.

Some great Dragon Quest stuff on the horizon with this and Heroes coming out. Still praying for the localization of VII.