Marvel vs Capcom Origins leaving PSN & Live December 31

Is this one worth grabbing if one already owns the originals?
Might depend on how much you value online play, but you could get the same experience (possibly better) with Fightcade on PC. You do also get a training mode of sorts for both games, the ability to save replays, and the challenges/vault for a little more replay value.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
If you want it, you'd better snatch it up fast. It might go bye-bye sooner than advertised. After Burner Climax was scheduled to get delisted on Christmas Eve, but it got pulled a few days ago instead. Major bummer for me because I was going to get it yesterday because I had the day off from work, but I was too late.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
If you want it, you'd better snatch it up fast. It might go bye-bye sooner than advertised. After Burner Climax was scheduled to get delisted on Christmas Eve, but it got pulled a few days ago instead. Major bummer for me because I was going to get it yesterday because I had the day off from work, but I was too late.

Yup those sons of bitches got me on Afteburner Climax. I found out it was getting pulled and immediately tried to buy it, but by that time it was already too late. Usually I try to buy the licensed shit ASAP because as of now I've missed out on Outrun, Sega Rally and now Afterburner. I wasn't even worried about Afterburner because how the fuck was I supposed to know it had licensed shit in it. Sucks.

Luckily I bought this when it was on sale last year so i'm in the clear already. I just wish these fucks would learn to just give us customers a decent heads up on this sort of thing. What good does it do anyone to just pull it. You miss out on all sorts of potential last minute sales.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I just wish these fucks would learn to just give us customers a decent heads up on this sort of thing. What good does it do anyone to just pull it. You miss out on all sorts of potential last minute sales.

that's a really good point. even if they didn't price drop stuff, when faced with the possibility of never having the chance to get it again, I think it would spur alot sales. that's certainly been the case for me when I've known.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Yup those sons of bitches got me on Afteburner Climax. I found out it was getting pulled and immediately tried to buy it, but by that time it was already too late. Usually I try to buy the licensed shit ASAP because as of now I've missed out on Outrun, Sega Rally and now Afterburner. I wasn't even worried about Afterburner because how the fuck was I supposed to know it had licensed shit in it. Sucks.

Luckily I bought this when it was on sale last year so i'm in the clear already. I just wish these fucks would learn to just give us customers a decent heads up on this sort of thing. What good does it do anyone to just pull it. You miss out on all sorts of potential last minute sales.

WHAT?? I didn't even know about this SEGA goodness and now it's all gone?? Oh, the humanity!

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Looks like Capcom is removing another fighter from online. http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/19/marvel-vs-capcom-origins-leaves-psn-next-week-xbox-live-arcade-dec-31/ Staying available for purchase until December 31, no sale price though. Better get it if you've been on the fence. Is this one worth grabbing if one already owns the originals?
Good thing i bought it months ago since it also happen to mvsc2 months ago to,id figure the same would happen to for mvsco.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
IIRC, when the Simpsons and X-Men arcade ports were getting pulled, people on here were still able to buy download codes from Game Stop's website. I wonder if you'd be able to do that in this situation. Might be worth a look, at least.

Jon

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
IIRC, when the Simpsons and X-Men arcade ports were getting pulled, people on here were still able to buy download codes from Game Stop's website. I wonder if you'd be able to do that in this situation. Might be worth a look, at least.

Jon

I just looked, it's not available.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi

Jon

I lost $10 on Simpsons for the PS3 doing that. Better grab MVC while you can, to bad this game didn't sell well they was going to give us XVSF and XCOTA next.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I lost $10 on Simpsons for the PS3 doing that. Better grab MVC while you can, to bad this game didn't sell well they was going to give us XVSF and XCOTA next.

They weren't, Capcom had the license to publish Marvel games but not X-Men games.

Thanks for the heads up OP, I have this on PSN but not Xbox. MSH is one of my favorite fighters. I play on PS3 more than my CPSII board so I'd say it's worth it.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member

Are you kidding me! Fucking A I was gonna buy that tomorrow when I get a PSN card

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
And to everyone who advocates digital onry vs physical media I say fuck you....

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Jon

Yeah that I made that thread Simpson/Xmen thead. I don't remember who suggested it but yeah buying from GS worked for me on those games.

It didn't work for Afterburner. They I checked the day it supposedly got pulled an it wasn't even listed.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah that I made that Simpson/Xmen thead. I don't remember who suggested it but yeah buying from GS worked for me on those games.

It didn't work for Afterburner. I checked the day it supposedly got pulled and it wasn't even listed.

I'd imagine that when the pulled Simpsons/X-Men, and new buyers were still buying the game weeks after that, Sony/Microsoft probably made them pull the download codes after the games were taken down.

Oh, well...worth a shot.

Jon

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'd imagine that when the pulled Simpsons/X-Men, and new buyers were still buying the game weeks after that, Sony/Microsoft probably made them pull the download codes after the games were taken down.

Oh, well...worth a shot.

Jon

It was weird because somebody tipped me off and I jumped on it ASAP and it went through. Within minutes other users were saying it wasn't working for them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
And to everyone who advocates digital onry vs physical media I say fuck you....
No, fuck you!

Digital only is great, but you have to accept that once a system is no longer relevant you have to resort to piracy.

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Saw this and grabbed it. Same thing with After Burner Climax days ago.
I need to go after Daytona USA just in case.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
No, fuck you!

Digital only is great, but you have to accept that once a system is no longer relevant you have to resort to piracy.

Is it still piracy when there is no genuine option?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I'm surprised it took this long after Marvel 2 got pulled, weird.