Your holiday gaming?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
been playing my nes top loader a lot while enjoying many of famicom games I own for it

been playing wcw vs nwo world tour on n64. oh the good memories and been playing monster lair on turbo cd. such a great title!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
So out of my gaming plans, here were the results:

1. I ended up playing a lot of the Metroid Zero Mission hack, which took most of my gaming time
2. Loaded up Fallout 3, played it for only a few hours, got my fill and moved on
3. Didn't even touch the Mother Anniversary hack
4. Played a lot of ActRaiser 2, holy shit this game is so good.
5. The rest of my gaming consisted of bouts of USF4 online, and a little bit of a refresher on Soul Calibur 2 (man I really miss playing this game).

All in all, it was a fairly respectable gaming time, just wished I got to dive into Neo Turf Masters or any MVS games for that matter. But I was content with some console gaming while keeping a good consistent holiday buzz on. :)

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Played through The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) over the weekend. Short and to the point, but a solid game all around. Bit easy in the boss department, but a few spots had me stumped enough to check a guide. I especially liked how non-linear it was, though.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I completed most of the challenges in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with a friend over the holidays. The game is kinda stale by oneself.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The game is kinda stale by oneself.

I got bored with it in about 4 hours just playing by myself. The lack of a story mode this time around just ruined it for me. Even Melee had a fun Adventure Mode that had some fun side-scrolling stages. Wii U's game just feels like a "greatest hits" of previously seen content with a Mario Party board game tacked on... >_>

Last edited:

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I hated subspace emissary in Brawl. Smash mechanics and controls don't translate well into a platformer. It's playable, but it feels off and just as much like a chore as anything else in the series. The fact that Brawl was a floaty fucking mess only exacerbated this problem.

Smash 4 upped the couch co-op content tremendously, something all the other iterations were severely lacking. That alone makes it great if you have friends that come over and play. I suppose a subspace emissary mode with Smash 4 physics and co-op would have been alright, at least better than Brawl's, but I'm not saddened by its absence.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
How are you liking Razion?

I am liking it a lot. The special weapon is important to control all the bullets that fly on the screen. It can kill any bullet that comes at you, that is helpful in many situations. I dislike the ending, but then again you play this for the experience of playing, not the ending.

Regards.

Crescent

n00b
Right now I'm playing Child of Light on the PSVita, and really enjoying it so far. I'm also playing Forza Horizon 2 on the 360 (I believe it to be the worst Forza I've tried so far) and replaying GTAV on the PS4 in first person mode.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Figured I'd just slog through Wolfenstein to get it out of the way. It turned out to be the best game I played this year.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
On 26, 27 and 28 I am going to a friend's home (we are few going). None of them saw a Neo Geo system besides emulators and they are requesting me to bring my system to play some games. Will be fun! :D

Little update:
Well, I did bring my AES system + few games (and the 161-in-1) and they couldn't stop playing it during the whole weekend! Damn, they even did like 40 vs plays at Puzzle Bobble in a row haha.