Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
ONE fookin post... in over 5 years... 6 feedbacks...

...this is not the market forums... but I am so tempted to kill your account atm....

Anything you wanna add in your defence before I go to bed and sleep on it?

xROTx

Sometimes defense is spelled with an S.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,

Awesome, can't wit to see how that one turns out! Lets hope that they can find all original tracks, and that it turns out as good as the cd game did. I really do look forward to any new Neo-Geo releases in the future, it's such a shame SNK abandoned the system as it could have been bringing in the dough for them still to this day. :P

ONE fookin post... in over 5 years... 6 feedbacks...

...this is not the market forums... but I am so tempted to kill your account atm....

Anything you wanna add in your defence before I go to bed and sleep on it?

xROTx

With you killing accounts all the time, I'm not sure quite how he dodged that one! :D ;)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
With you killing accounts all the time, I'm not sure quite how he dodged that one! :D ;)

Pfft... I haven't really done anything bad in weeks... well... besides the CPS 2 guys...

DodgeBalls there didn't escape VT's initial purge... just checked... hence, i'll leave him alone for now:p

xROTx

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Carts are about to start being built. There is a chance they may start shipping next if everything goes well.

Raz

maldoror68

n00b
May be an annoying question :

but what are the base boards for the mvs CS2 ? It's super sidekicks 2 like ironclad converts?

(Preparing the ROM release ;))

tx

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Like ironclad, although I'm sure people will modify the ROM sizes/format to work with other boards also.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Just got the word from Jeff, he has been a busy man indeed. He will start shipping out the final batch on Monday.

Raz

Fakk2

Pfft... I haven't really done anything bad in weeks... well... besides the CPS 2 guys...

DodgeBalls there didn't escape VT's initial purge... just checked... hence, i'll leave him alone for now:p

xROTx

Actually, bro, I was making a joke as the dudes name is "DodgeThatOne". Thought you might see that and find it a bit funny. :P

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Aww darn it! I missed this thread entirely when it was being sold!! :hammer:

I hope you guys reconsider making another AES run since these sold so well.

Fakk2

He will if price is right ;)

Actually, Aha2940 and you are both correct. I would not sell it if it were my only copy, and even if it were multiples, I sometimes have a hard time parting with them unless there were some type of defect of some kind, (depending on the game I suppose). All the same, if you have the proper trade or cash money, anything is possible, indeed. :) While I do admit I sometimes do have some multiples, it's not of every cart out there on the Neo, and I am not as much into hoarding them as some would expect. There are many collectors I have met that far exceed my collection, and far exceed my buying multiples of games. Plusmore, most times that I find a perfect, like new condition cart of any game on any platform, that puts an end to my buying of multiples, and I begin selling off the others that are not mint. I usually don't bother collecting them after that point, and only keep one copy in the end provided there are not different versions of any game in particular.

That being said, I really wound up liking my Crossed Swords II game, even though it was still in beta stages when it came out on the Neo CD console. Thankfully, Raz did find the mistakes, and turned that Beta into a complete finished product.

As for the CS2 Roms, I am also curious if Raz is going to allow release to the public soon, or if he has decided against it for personal reasons since it is his work after all. The only thing I can imagine is going to happen if he does not, is that NCI is making their copies right now, and are about to release this game for their own personal profit, and releasing the roms publicly will totally screw them so hard from making any bucks off of this release, (which is good). Otherwise, NCI will be making the next batch of copies of Raz's work, so I think the decision to release the roms publicly soon is the only good decision. Perhaps Raz is also waiting in the bushes to pounce on NCI as soon as NCI begins to make pre-orders or announces the game for release, and then he releases the roms to the public to do the best amount of damage as possible to NCI for using his work for their own benefit. Who knows...

My personal opinion, is that Raz should have at least put the same type of hologram numbered stickers on his AES releases as NGDev does, so those would be the only ones that can be looked at as the "original" releases, so people can easily verify which are of his work, and which are of NCI's, (or any other). However, not putting any type of copy protection on this game nor making serial numbers etc, makes it way to easy to copy, and once NCI begins making copies, the only thing Raz CAN do would be to release the roms publicly so that NCI has fewer purchases, and more people will opt out of anything other than making their own version of the game. I cannot imagine anyone buying NCIs copys once the roms are released unless they just HAVE to have a manual, and professional looking cart sticker, etc.. Just my 2 cents..

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Just to confirm about a ROM release, it will be released and I am not going to change my mind based on other peoples actions in copying it and then selling them. I always knew this was going to happen which is why I did it like we did in the first instance. There are people on this forum who also offer services in making conversions and its not going to bother me when they start doing it.

In my personal view it is the people who bought the release from us who own the original versions of this CD conversion and I would advise them not to sell them. I will be a little unhappy to see people trying to sell their own made conversion builds off as one of the original batch we did so to help stop that the artwork we created will not be released in electronic form. I would hope those people who do build conversions do not try to pass them off as the conversions we did but instead make clear its their own made conversion. I know there are a few that won't so do your homework before buying one if your after one of the originals for collection purposes.

For the ROM release and people who want the ROM.. I suggest you subscribe to this thread with instant email notifications (make sure your email address given on this site is good). I will not be putting a download URL here but I will give a time and place where you should go to get it.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Just to confirm about a ROM release, it will be released and I am not going to change my mind based on other peoples actions in copying it and then selling them. I always knew this was going to happen which is why I did it like we did in the first instance. There are people on this forum who also offer services in making conversions and its not going to bother me when they start doing it.

In my personal view is the people who bought the release from us who own the originals versions of this CD conversion and I would advise them not to sell them. I will be a little unhappy to see people trying to sell their own made conversion builds off as one of the original batch we did so to help stop that the artwork we created will not be released in electronic form. I would hope those people who do build conversions do not try to pass them off as the conversions we did but make clear its their own conversion. I know there are a few that won't so do your homework before buying one if your after one of the originals for collection purposes.

For the ROM release and people who want the ROM.. I suggest you subscribe to this thread with instant email notifications (make sure your email address given on this site is good). I will not be putting a download URL here but I will give a time and place where you should go to get it.

It's good to know exactly how you feel about the situation on people making the game from your roms as "conversions", and I am glad that you made it clear as to how people will be getting the roms for the game. Thanks Raz! I look forward to your next game release project for the NeoGeo.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Raz and Jeff, is it POSSIBLE to do a 3rd run?
AES release only..................