Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
As many of you probably know I have been converting the CD version of Crossed Swords 2 to run on MVS/AES. I though it would be a good idea to make a new thread just for it instead of overrun the proto thread which clearly this is not.

The main thing to know about this conversion is the fact that it uses the music from Crossed Swords 1, sound FX are from Crossed Swords 2.

The next important thing to know is that this conversion will include fixes to the CD version of the game. There are many minor glitches in the CD version and hopefully I can get most of them fixed. I'm not going to list all the changes at this point but to give you an idea of the improvements added over the CD version thus far.

33 Sound FX added.
- Example, see Blue Mage's appearing in video.

53 Graphic fixes.
- Example. see female character on mode select screen.

Also
- General overall improvements that don't fall under the above.
- English text and grammar improvements.

Here is a new teaser video.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What's the final goal of the project? It's definitely a worthy endeavor, I'm just curious on how you plan on releasing it. It's a tough game to play, I can imagine the conversion has been challenging.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Please leave the broken engrish!!! It is like a trade mark for neo games...

Great job Raz!!!

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Looking good so far!

If you'd decide to make a high quality complete home version (maybe working together with NGDev or Jeff) I'm in!

Anyone every translated the manual of the CD version?

mikey

Marked Wolf
Looks awesome! I'm also curious on how you are going to release it. Would there be a possibility of buying the rom images off of you to make our own carts (obviously for personal use only), or are you going to be doing a cartridge release of your own?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What's the final goal of the project? It's definitely a worthy endeavor, I'm just curious on how you plan on releasing it. It's a tough game to play, I can imagine the conversion has been challenging.

Apparently Raz has agreed that ALL sales go thru me...

I get 20%... and some sort of backhander...:-J

xROTx

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Great work Raz - I would buy it when you release it to the public :buttrock:
I would also love to see a conversion of the CD-Version of Neo Turf Masters - playing the secret Scotland Course without loading times would be nice...

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Very excited for the final product.
Raz, you are a diehard Neo Geo scholar and gentleman.
:buttrock:

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Awesome work razoola¡¡¡ congratulations.

I hope you release it soon, nice conversion

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Oh man this is sweet Raz! I would be down for a copy of this for sure. :drool:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
This is awesome.
Man, you deserve a gold statue on this place for all you did for us.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Your bit-alchemy is admirable. There's a level of suspense in each of your updates that makes your posts a lot of fun to read.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Now this I'm excited for. I'm a huge crossed swords fan.

Last edited:

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
This is turning out great. Can't wait to hear what you have planned for the release.

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for all the effords Raz, I will pick one up as soon as this project is completed.

Last edited:

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I've never been fan of crossed swords but after having a look at your job I will consider to play more the Crossed Swords 1 and I'll be down for sure for a Crossed Swords 2 if ever released on MVS

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So much awesome. In for an MVS release if (when) it comes to fruition.:buttrock:

Great work!

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
This is absolutely amazing. I'm a big fan of the Crossed Swords series, CS2 is one of my favorite CD games. As I'm transitioning from NGCD to MVS, I was kinda sad that I had to miss out on CS2, but it seems that good news awaits us on the horizon.

Great work so far Razoola, can't wait for the project to be finished.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Incredible :)
I'd love to get an AES one also, but I'm still missing Part 1....hope that doesn't disqualify me :)

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
like some other i will be very interested by an CD Ultimat version with original sound.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
It definitely would be great to see this in MVS form. No load times and another addition the the MVS library