Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Would anyone buy Crossed Swords 2 ROM cart if it were priced at 400 Euros because it weighs in at 1560 MEGs?

This is Neo-Geo.com... of coarse they would. I know I sure fucking would. As long as it is presented properly like a NGDevTeam game or Knights Chance, then yes.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK Lads....

Crossed Swords 2 is READY.... The situ is this:

1) We'd like a custom board... Raz is currently using a Ironclad Sac Cart to make this work... 178MB on board...
2) We need a SOLUTION to making this viable WITHOUT Sac'cing carts...

...The eproms can be burnt... we just need a VIABLE solution...

xROTx

PS. I am willing to fund this on a NO profit basis for myself... HOWEVER, I would like to reward Raz for his efforts... as for myself... I'm doing this for teh Energ'eze...
PPS. I also understand that eventually some fookin coont will create a MVS copy of this that isn't affiliated to us... I'm not French.. and will offer no guarantees your "investment" will hold it's value....

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
OK Lads....

Crossed Swords 2 is READY.... The situ is this:

1) We'd like a custom board... Raz is currently using a Ironclad Sac Cart to make this work... 178MB on board...
2) We need a SOLUTION to making this viable WITHOUT Sac'cing carts...

...The eproms can be burnt... we just need a VIABLE solution...

xROTx

PS. I am willing to fund this on a NO profit basis for myself... HOWEVER, I would like to reward Raz for his efforts... as for myself... I'm doing this for teh Energ'eze...
PPS. I also understand that eventually some fookin coont will create a MVS copy of this that isn't affiliated to us... I'm not French.. and will offer no guarantees your "investment" will hold it's value....

I can name one person on this forum that will make that MVS cart and sell it on eBay. Stefano. Yea I said it, I don't like others making profit on someone's work. I would gladly help any way I can if funding is needed/wanted in some type of private kickstarter or such.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I can name one person on this forum that will make that MVS cart and sell it on eBay. Stefano. Yea I said it, I don't like others making profit on someone's work. I would gladly help any way I can if funding is needed/wanted in some type of private kickstarter or such.

Thx Pandar...

Anyway, I'm going to contact NTM and ask him to create me a custom PCB... I'm going to keep this in house... as it should be...

xROTx

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Why not hit up jmkurtz? Maybe he could do a run of his boards for this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Why not hit up jmkurtz? Maybe he could do a run of his boards for this.

Already on it...

xROTx

PS. If I have to call in EVERY favour people owe me... I will...;):)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I can't be of any help, but this is rad as fuck.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'll toss my hat into this as well. I can help with the pcb production as well as cart shells.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Great news !!!!!!

I would gladly be part of a funding attempt!!!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Errr... when i get all the facts together... I'll let you lads know...

However... Custom PCB's = maybe TOO expensive...

Sac carts are easiest solution... There MUST be another way...

xROTx

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How big is the game exactly? If it can be fit on the earlier titles like World Heroes or Sam Sho1 it would be best since those two titles have a lot of copies that no one wants floating around. Custom PCBs that can take DIP eproms would be sweet for future stuff or other "protos".

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
How big is the game exactly? If it can be fit on the earlier titles like World Heroes or Sam Sho1 it would be best since those two titles have a lot of copies that no one wants floating around. Custom PCBs that can take DIP eproms would be sweet for future stuff or other "protos".

Those are two of my favorite Neo games. If they got sacc'd, even for a reason as good as this, I'd die a little inside.

@Rot - When you say too expensive for a production run; how expensive are we talking?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,

Rot said 178M that would fit on a PROGSC / CHA 42G-3. Investing in a Dev board that accepted Dip and TSOP would be awesome though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Those are two of my favorite Neo games. If they got sacc'd, even for a reason as good as this, I'd die a little inside.

@Rot - When you say too expensive for a production run; how expensive are we talking?

Truth of the matter is that those two carts have been used for sacs a LONG time and there is still tons of them.

Rot said 178M that would fit on a PROGSC / CHA 42G-3. Investing in a Dev board that accepted Dip and TSOP would be awesome though.

I wasn't clear if he was stating the actual game size or Ironclad's as it's 178mbit for Ironclad as well. If sac carts are used, game carts can be priced sub $100 per cart. If you guys want custom PCBs then get ready to pay a minimum of $300 per cart unless a lot of people pre-order meaning 300+.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The other option I thought of was finding an existing pirate boot board and sac it. There a lot of turd KOF hacks out there, and it may be possible to sac and use it for this.

For example:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Coin...ers-97-Neo-Geo-MVS-Cartridge/32271090362.html

In bulk orders you're looking at ~$30 each shipped. Thats the PCB and what looks like a new case. Now, we dont know what the PCB looks like, but I'm sure we can make something like this work.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
will the roms be posted? i have a few boots worth sacing

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Truth of the matter is that those two carts have been used for sacs a LONG time and there is still tons of them.

I wasn't clear if he was stating the actual game size or Ironclad's as it's 178mbit for Ironclad as well. If sac carts are used, game carts can be priced sub $100 per cart. If you guys want custom PCBs then get ready to pay a minimum of $300 per cart unless a lot of people pre-order meaning 300+.

Custom pcbs don't cost that much but yeah, getting it sub-$100 might be tricky.