Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Actually there were boots before the rom was released, I'm guessing someone couldn't wait and dumped a cart. I saw a few on ebay a while back and they went for $500-$1k each iirc.

Those are the loose cart or complete kit made by Raz. People bought several copies and sold them the way they want................

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
On the subject of ROMs, could someone provide me with a link please (by PM?)? It seems like they are shared in a half hearted way and as a result people that got them are making repros whilst people that just want a set for emulator and as a backup to their carts from Jeff cannot get them. The alternative is for me to dump my own but I've been trying to avoid doing that as there's always risk I will corrupt one removing them all (albeit pretty low risk).

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Is it too much to ask that someone host the ROMs and post a link here? That way the thread title will actually make sense.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
On the subject of ROMs, could someone provide me with a link please (by PM?)? It seems like they are shared in a half hearted way and as a result people that got them are making repros whilst people that just want a set for emulator and as a backup to their carts from Jeff cannot get them. The alternative is for me to dump my own but I've been trying to avoid doing that as there's always risk I will corrupt one removing them all (albeit pretty low risk).

Is it too much to ask that someone host the ROMs and post a link here? That way the thread title will actually make sense.

Razoola has expressed that he does NOT want the roms posted in this thread...

IF you want them... please find an alternative source...

I do have them saved but I will only hand them out in chat...

xROTx

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Raz said himself he knew the boots would follow. As long as he feels he's been compensated for his work no harm done (credit would be nice though).
And I wouldn't fault him if him decided to release some more if he wants to be compensated further, he did great work and hopefully we all appreciated it.
I love playing CS2

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I agree with the above. I've got the game as well and I can't even go back and play the first one anymore on my multicart due to all the fixes and upgrades with the sequel as it's just that much better.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Would still like to get my hands on a AES copy. I do have the CD version... But it just does not feel the same.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Would still like to get my hands on a AES copy. I do have the CD version... But it just does not feel the same.

You're right. It should feel more authentic for the CD version.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
If it's in the format, why wouldn't it work with that?

Because most of the mvs converters aren't 100% compatible with the entire library. It's more complicated than converters for other systems which are effectively passive adapters. MVS to AES conversion involves converting data from parallel to serial format.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Because most of the mvs converters aren't 100% compatible with the entire library. It's more complicated than converters for other systems which are effectively passive adapters. MVS to AES conversion involves converting data from parallel to serial format.

Huh, thanks for the info. I never knew that. I always wondered what the difference was. Is one of the methods more reliable than the other? Or do you think it was mostly done to dissuade people from easily putting homecarts into the arcades?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
See thanks I had no idea either about the serial and parallel change too just about the pinouts on there so I did think of console converters with how those tend to work.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
it was mostly done to dissuade people from easily putting homecarts into the arcades?

This. As I think you know, in the 90's the prices of MVS carts were way higher that their AES counterparts, because they produced money but the AES were usually bought by "regular" people for home usage. So it was important for SNK that it was not easy to put homecarts in MVS boards, and AFAIK, so far, they still have succeeded in that as there are no such converters commercially available.

Regards.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
and AFAIK, so far, they still have succeeded in that as there are no such converters commercially available.
shady operators back then just jammafied a home system...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Whoops, I see now see your comment is not related to Crossed Swords 2. You are correct, those shady AES to Jamma conversions required a special bios. From my understanding, they mght have needed a special memory card also.

Raz

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Hey I'm curious the rom set for this, is the nomenclature for the file (zip) correct that it will pick up in various emulators? If so, what is the proper naming exactly? I tried to throw it up against Neo.EMU on my android tablet and it whined it didn't recognize it so I'm uncertain if it's just the emulators fault or the file name.