how much would you spend on a NG Dev Team NGPC game?

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
What would you be willing to pay for a pocket port of Gunlord, fast striker, neo xyx or a completely new title?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I don't know. My gut tells me $50, but I'm sure if they made one it would be far more expensive.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Not much. If it were Gunlord I'd go a little higher, but I can't see spending more than $50 on any handheld game. Would they sacrifice common NGPC carts for the shells (I hope not), have new one's 3D printed, or get Christoph to make little tiny wooden shells?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Cotton is the only existing game I would pay that much for. If they made a legit port (ie, not a rush job) w/snapcase and manual - yeah, I could see $50 as a high point i'd go. I very much doubt they could make enough on a $50 price point though - they would cost more than the DC ports for sure. If it happened I think we'd be looking at $90-100 and I don't know that there is enough of a market at that number.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
None. It's going to be a disaster one way or another consider the hardware limitations.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
An interesting proposition, with some caveats. NGPC isn't AES...they would really need to drop the limited edition/short print run charade, and go with a preorder based + longer lead time/production after retail sale model for it to be truly interesting. As for a pricepoint: $40-50 sounds reasonable. For $90+ they could take a hike.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'd probably pay around £40.

Surely the costs of such small carts would be nowhere near what the AES games cost? If they made a few games and took preorders, so that they could do a big order of carts and cases, surely it wouldn't be too bad.

I hope they'd go for the Euro style snap cases too.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I think I would go a little higher, maybe $100-$150. Especially if it was a collector edition with snap lock, posters and a soundtrack. A soundtrack to a pocket game would be pretty unique.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I'd probably pay around £40.

Surely the costs of such small carts would be nowhere near what the AES games cost? If they made a few games and took preorders, so that they could do a big order of carts and cases, surely it wouldn't be too bad.

I hope they'd go for the Euro style snap cases too.

At that price I'd be interested if it was a game I liked the look of.

For a truly kickass game, that makes great use of the systems capabilities, i would have no problem paying around $50.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I could see me pay $50, interesting idea too because this platform could defenitely need another shmup.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
knowing this crowd 750 shipped plus a turn in would be the running rate

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hm, depends on the genre/execution for me... but I guess I'd be OK with anything up to $100 for a quality game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I bought a homebrew Lynx game for like $40 (Zaku from Super Fighter Team), and I had a great time with it. If the game looked interesting I'd go at least that high for a new NGPC title.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I think 50~70€ would be fine unless there's more stuff like posters, etc... Then it could be around 90~100€

mawa_nl

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i think 50 to 150 $ for me
but depands on what kind of realese it is limited or not limited ( soundtrack or no soundtrack / ect )

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
any stated price above is ridiculous.

Not only the hardware limitations would refrain a decent title ( for today's standards ) as also NG:dev would not make any profit of it.
Seriously gentlemen... STOP the fuck out naming prices like like $150 for a LE, $50-$100 on a blah blah.
Not only it's useless but also ridiculous for what it is. A NGPC game??? Are you really serious? -_____-
It's actually comments like those that drive up general pricing of videogames.
Not that it's not something we talk about everyday, but this is a particular situation that would make prices for the NGPC carts go even higher.

The NGPC is a lovely system gentlemen! Don't get me wrong. But we don't need this.
Let NG:dev make a Gunlord sequel instead. I'm in a high Turrican mood lately :buttrock:

Last edited:

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I don't think the idea of a new pocket game is ridiculous or useless, and I don't think $100 is a crazy price for a new game. If we can't talk about the idea of a new ngpc game in the handheld section of a neo go forum, then I don't know where we could.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's not about the "idea".
It's about bullcrap'ing the whole thing with the "I'd pay 100+ dollars for it".

You may sound happy at first, but then you're bitching and regretting about it when even all the common games
nobody wants start to get expensive as shit.
And all of a sudden, it's another platform you cannot collect anymore...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It's not about the "idea".
It's about bullcrap'ing the whole thing with the "I'd pay 100+ dollars for it".

You may sound happy at first, but then you're bitching and regretting about it when even all the common games
nobody wants start to get expensive as shit.
And all of a sudden, it's another platform you cannot collect anymore...
Come on, we're talking about a new game here.

You don't really believe the NGDev MVS/home carts had any impact on the prices of the nonhomebrew cart prices, do you?